MP top cop praises Kasab's 'passion'

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ahmedsid, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ahmedsid

ahmedsid Top Gun Senior Member

MP top cop praises Kasab's 'passion', hastily retracts later

A top Madhya Pradesh [ Images ] policeman on Tuesday shocked his audience when he hailed Ajmal Kasab [ Images ], the lone terrorist arrested during the Mumbai [ Images ] terror attack, as a good role model during his speech.
    Inspector General of Police (Special Forces) Rajendra Kumar cited the example of Kasab, 21, to buttress his point about the importance of undergoing a good training.

"If you are trained well, you can do anything," he said.

"An example is the Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab. He studied up to class 8 and received (terror) training for just one year. With this, he could operate weapons and gadgets and GPS devices. He could do this because he had passion and he trained very well. He could operate technology well because he trained himself well," Rajendra said.

The top cop went on to say that "Kasab is only an eighth standard pass. Still, he can use all sorts of weapons".

"He (Kasab) had the zeal in him. Can't we have the same (zeal) like his? We are more educated than him, we are more able than him," he added.

"Learn from Kasab about how to handle weapons," Rajendra added.

Kumar later said, "If somebody felt bad, I am sorry for that, but I have also cited other people like Sachin Tendulkar [ Images ]."

Kumar denied that he had praised Kasab in his remarks, made while inaugurating a state-level shooting competition of the Madhya Pradesh police at the Border Security Force's Reoti Range near Indore.

"I am not praising Kasab. I strongly condemn Kasab. He should be given the maximum punishment," he added.

"My only aim was to motivate jawans in the area of shooting so that they can give a befitting reply to the terrorists," he asserted.

"My point was that we should take better training because ultimately we have to face this type of terrorist situation (26/11) in the future. Unless we are very well trained, we cannot deal with them (terrorists)," he added.

Defending himself, Kumar claimed that both Lord Ram and demon king Ravana are often quoted as parallel examples in the country.

http://news.rediff.com/report/2010/feb/02/learn-from-kasab-mp-top-cop-tells-trainees.htm

3. ahmedsid

Ajmal Kasab can never be taken in a positive expression because he is the epitome of Evil. He is a brainwashed kid! Does this Top Cop want the future Cops and generation to be Brainwashed Zombies? If so, go ahead, Quote Ajmal Kasab! Have a field day. I am glad this guy retracted his statement. Just goes onto show how a big mouth can get you in trouble.

4. Dark_Prince

Dark_Prince Regular Member

Some people can't articulate or lack common sense Mr. Rajinder Kuman is Blessed with BOTH.

5. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Come on, yaar. The cop was just saying, " look at our enemies: their passion for their goals, their fitness levels and their training. We should also learn from our enemies." I find nothing wrong in the advice of taking a leaf from enemies book. The media as usual has sensationalised a non-issue...

6. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

MP cop instead of making kasab as role model should have give mumbai cop assistant sub inspector Tukaram Omble example,who caught kasab alive that to just weilding lathi and .303 rifle.he should ve give n the assistant sub inspector Tukaram Omble's sacrifice and dedication to nation example.

7. johnee

^^^ Good suggestion. But sometimes, the enemy is more inspiring. Its like:" if they can, why cant we. Its either us or them."

8. ahmedsid

Johnny, I always find you supporting weird arguments, trying to be devils advoc! :p I mean, if the Crowd is going in a flow, you swim against it! And here too you are supporting the statement of the MP Top Cop! I mean you can support him if you want our future gen to be Zealots and Zombies Like Kasab, who are trained to Kill and Maim and not use their "Conscience". God Speed.

9. johnee

No, no. Ahmedji, I have no intention of swimming against the tide. I really feel that the Cop had noble intention of inspiring his guys against the menace of terrorism. We should be able to differentiate between praising and learning. Even if someone is a villian, his good qualities are not to be ignored and we can take inspiration from the same. Take Ravana, he was sinister villian who cowardly nabbed an innocent women who was someone elses wife just because she was beautiful. He displayed a very sick mentality. Yet, that should not blind us to his good qualities like his vast knowledge and great tapasya.

Similarly, Kasab has done a worst crime against humanity. We need not forget that, having said that, we should also be able to appreciate his committment to his goals, his(and his comrades) training and their fitness levels. This motley group fought against our NSG, police and kept them at bay for more than 2 days. They achieved their mission and stuck to their principle to death. Now, this is not glorification nor am I praising them. I am simply saying that they have performed their assigned duty well. The spirit has to be appreciated even if that spirit is used to achieve a worst goal.

To understand it, lets reverse the situation. If six indian soldiers had kept an entire security apparatus of a hostile regime at bay for more than two days and given up their lives, should we appreciate their spirit or not. Again, dont misunderstand me and think that I am praising the terrorists. No, I am not. I repeat again that what Kasab and his friends have done is most heinious and he deserves to be hanged in the public, but that should not make us ignore other factors.

10. ahmedsid

Please, your comparision with Raavan is not correct i.e, in the sense that Raavan was a gentlemean, I mean he didnt even touch Sita!!!!! So we can keep him aside.

But other than that, I would say you got your points, but if you look deep, The qualities you mentioned were not inbuilt in Kasab and nor did he Gain it! HE WAS BRAINWASHED!!!! For Eg: If you want out Police to Follow Kasabs way, then take a Hostage situation in which a Small Kid is there, the Police can very well get hold on the Terrorist holding the kid by risking the Kids life and not bothering to save it, and in the process even kill the Kid to get the Terrorist alive! Would you like that or would you like our Police to devise a way to get the Kid alive and the Terrorist too along?? Or would you want them to follow Kasab and go on Bang Bang killing the Kid?? God Speed.

11. johnee

No mate. Ravan was not gentleman. He did not touch Sita because he had a curse. He had earlier raped a woman(who was distant relative), her husband who was one of the gods complained to Brahma and Brahma cursed Ravana that if he touched an unwilling woman, he would die. Ravana himself tells this when one of his courtiers asks hims this. His courtier says that Ravana has been foolish to wait for Sita to change her heart and instead should have forcefully enjoyed her. Then Ravana tells him that he has curse and hence cannot do that. If you read Ramayana properly, you would realise that Ravana was as big menace or bigger than the one we face today with regard to terrorism. In a way, situation was more dire.

I agree with you. Kasab's bravery was inculcated., but I would say our cops are not brave by birth either and have build it within themselves. I agree with your point that spreading terrorism is easier than stopping it and protecting people. Yet, we have to accept that the terrorists' training, preparation, execution and fitness were superior to our police force and that to just after 3 months or so training. Our cops can sure take a leaf out of these people's book and be better prepared the next time they have to face a similar bunch and we know for sure that it is not if but when the next attack would be.

12. johnee

No mate. Ravan was not gentleman. He did not touch Sita because he had a curse. He had earlier raped a woman(who was distant relative), her husband who was one of the gods complained to Brahma and Brahma cursed Ravana that if he touched an unwilling woman, he would die. Ravana himself tells this when one of his courtiers asks hims this. His courtier says that Ravana has been foolish to wait for Sita to change her heart and instead should have forcefully enjoyed her. Then Ravana tells him that he has curse and hence cannot do that. If you read Ramayana properly, you would realise that Ravana was as big menace or bigger than the one we face today with regard to terrorism. In a way, situation was more dire.

I agree with you. Kasab's bravery was inculcated., but I would say our cops are not brave by birth either and have build it within themselves. I agree with your point that spreading terrorism is easier than stopping it and protecting people. Yet, we have to accept that the terrorists' training, preparation, execution and fitness were superior to our police force and that to just after 3 months or so training. Our cops can sure take a leaf out of these people's book and be better prepared the next time they have to face a similar bunch and we know for sure that it is not if but when the next attack would be.

13. ahmedsid

Jonny! Man that was a very informative post! I never knew about the Raavan Curse! Thanks a Ton!!! Seriously!

Now About Cops, yes our Cops must be trained well and a sense of bravery instilled in them by superior training and tactics. They should be made to understand that their training is as good as any terrorist would get and they can easily take him on. But Sadly the training of our Cops not that great! I will let you in on an Info, During the Parliament Attacks, the Kerala Legislative Assembly was put on High Alert, and Police Guard initiated, but HOLD On, ONLY 2 COPS IN TRIVANDRUM CITY KNEW HOW TO OPERATE AN AK47/similar machine gun!!!! The Cops were very ashamed to admit it, but a tabloid brought this out and we alll saw Two men with machine gun Standing Guard and the rest with the antiquated rifles!!!! Can you believe that????

14. johnee

Thanx, mate. Its funny but many characters in Ramayana and Mahabharat seem to have many similar qualities that we see people in day to day life. Infact, these characters give us a preview into the thinking of people and help us be more neutral, instead of jumping to conclusions. Since Ramayana and Mahabharat are popular, many people assume that they know the story well. I was also guilty of this thinking. But when you read or listen to the original , one gets surprised by the details and the real-life like characters and flaws of characters of these epics. Infact, many popular scenes are not part of ramayana. For instance, there is no lakshman-rekha in Ramayana, the rama sethu is not built by writing rama's name on stones, rama himself is tied down by the arrows of meghanath, rama hunts and eats animals in the forest, sita questions rama on variety of issues and does not follow him blindly....etc. All in all, its really fun to read the original and then we realise why it has been so popular even after thousands of years.

I agree. The situation more or less similar in rest of India. Thats why our cops and security establishment has to learn from their enemies(terrorists). They are churning out terrorists at an enormous rate. For us to defend ourselves against it, we will have to improve our training, planning, planning, equipment and motivational levels to the same level as terrorists. Having NSG hubs in few metros is welcome but it is not enough. The primary security force is police force and this force needs to be overhauled to face challenges like terrorism, naxalism and vandalism. Instead, right now, our cops are only good in fining teenage motorists...