Movie review--Paranormal activity part 3

ashdoc

Country flag
Its scary time again and back to horror movies

Ok , guys , I hadn't seen the earlier versions of Paranormal activity , and directly launched myself into part 3 . Actually I wouldn't have been seeing even this one had it not been the enthusiasm for reviews that I have recently got due to my reviews getting popular on some forums .

A woman with two kids form an earlier relationship moves in with her new boyfriend into a new house along with the kids . Predictibly , strange things begin to happen in the new house .

The boyfriend is a wedding photographer , and shoots everything in the house by keeping cameras in all rooms 24 hours . So we get to see the movie partially as if it has been shot by a video camera , with date and time of all events recorded on tape .

......And from the dates coming on the tapes , the events happened 23 years ago , in 1988 .

In hindi movies , the ghost actually appears rather quickly form the start and is outrageously flamboyant in showing off its ghostly powers , and there is nothing understated about the loud music which is supposed to send us into the realms of terror .

Here , the director is more subtle , and relies on background sounds , and an eerie quiet in between them to create the tension .

......And tension he does create , by constantly creating the feeling of an impending calamity when actually the calamity comes slowly upon the victims only towards the end of the movie .

But we are left squirming in our seats , waiting to see what happens next as events unfold....

And unfold they do , as one by one the newcomers of the house are made aware of the paranormal presence.

As is the trend in today's movies , there is no triumph of good over evil , and it is the mysterious dark powers that win in the end . Thus for the victims there is no escape , even when they move to another house . Their fate is sealed.....

But the movie is too short , and in the end you are left with a unsatisfied feeling of wanting to see more....

Verdict--okay.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I can never watch a so-called movie which has been shot with a shaky handycam and zero production values. I tried to watch the first PA, but quit after the 1st 10 minutes. If the makers of the movie aren't interested in spending the time and effort to polish it, and would like to make $50 million worth of box office sales after spending barely $10k on production, screw them and their so-called movie, I won't waste my time on it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles