Most BJP candidates in Surat never went to college

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SHURIDH, Nov 26, 2012.

1. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

Most BJP candidates inSurat never went to college TNN | Nov 26, 2012, 03.22 AM IST
    comments
    Share More
    A A
    READ MORE Ranjit Gilitwala | Nanu Vanani | Kishore Vankawala | Ajay Choksi
    RELATED
    SURAT: Increase in number of universities in Gujarat from 11 to 42 during chief minister Narendra Modi's tenure is one of the campaign points of the rulingBJP in the 2012 assembly elections. This may be an exampleof sterling performance in governance but is in total contrast to party's candidates in Surat, with a majority having never been to college and studiedonly up to school level.
    Of the 12 BJP candidates in Surat, only four have received higher education. Harsh Sanghvi and Sangita Patil, fresh faces fielded by the party, have studied until class IX. Nanu Vanani , BJP MLA from Surat (North) constituency, is the least educated. He has studied up to class V. He is contesting from Katargam seat this time. Raja Patel, who is contesting on BJP ticket from Choryasi, has studied up to class Xwhile Mukesh Patel, Party candidate from Olpad seat, is class XII pass. Janak Patel, BJP candidate from Karanj, has studied up to class X. He was pursuing a diploma engineering course but had to discontinue it for some reasons.
    Kumar Kanani, BJP councillor, contesting from Varachha constituency, has studied up to class IX while Kishore Vankawala ,who is seeking re-election as MLAof Surat West, is class XII pass.
    Ranjit Gilitwala , sitting MLA from Surat (East) and minister of state for transport and cottage industry, is a chartered accountant . Narottam Patel, BJP MLA from Choryasi and minister for food and civil supplies, has a masters' degree in engineering. Patel is party candidate from Udhna seat. Ajay Choksi , BJP candidate from Surat (North), has an MBA degree while Praful Panseriya, who is contesting fromKamrej on BJP ticket, is a BSc graduate.
    "Education is important in life no doubt. Yet I never had much problem," said Nanu Vanani.
    Mandate goof up in nominations
    Congress leadership displayed poor coordination in South Gujarat on the last day of filing of nomination papers on Saturday. This led to major goof-ups with regard to allocation of party mandate to candidates in Gandeviin Navsari and Surat West in Suratcity.
    Congress was not able to finalize the names of its candidates till the last moment in these constituencies and this became the cause of dispute and chaos within the organization. Rushit Patel's name was officially announced by Congress leaders as candidate from Surat West. Patel, spokesperson of Surat city unit of the Congress, was asked to file his nomination papers. He went to file the papers. However, it was then announced that Usha Patel, a former MLA, will contest from Surat West.
    Similarly, in Gandevi constituency, Congress candidate's name was finalised on Friday and former Chikhli MLA, Bhartiben Patel was asked to file her nomination papers. But on Saturday Kuvarji Halpati, sitting Congress MLA fromBardoli in Surat, went to file his nomination papers from Gandevi

Most BJP candidates in Surat never went to college - The Times of India

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Re: Most BJP candidates inSurat never went to college

I wonder how many MLAs, MLCs and MPs went to:

1. College.

2. Passed high school.

But then education is surely a handicap for populism and totally against the principle of Am Admi since a large majority of citizens are equally 'endowed'.

And these politicians are the one who mull and decide important issues of foreign policy, defence, economy, internal security and other very cerebral issues!

People deserve the politicians and politics they vote in!

4. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

Shuridh; Please go to Surat and try to tell them this. Don't blame us if you are beaten up by the common people there.

5. SHURIDH

I don't make this article.
    I just posted a toi article.
    see i also give link.
    So why you are angry with me.

6. Ray

The Under-Graduates (i.e., members who studied for Graduation without completing it) as a category was included in the study for the first time in the Tenth Lok Sabha). They stood at 11.31 per cent in that House. Their percentage in the Twelfth Lok Sabha had shrunk substantially to 3.4.

The category of Matriculates/Higher Secondary or Intermediate Certificate holders had 16.82 per cent representation in the Twelfth Lok Sabha in comparison to 18.18 per cent in the Eleventh Lok Sabha. In the category of Under-Matriculates, the Twelfth Lok Sabha had 2.26 per cent representation, whereas it was 2.90 in the Eleventh and 3.57 per cent in the Tenth Lok Sabha. It was 2.09 per cent in the Ninth Lok Sabha, the lowest ever so far.

It does not mention the illiterates.

7. Ray

parijataka and Galaxy like this.
  8. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

This is about a particular district of Gujarat.

Why not compare with Congress candidates ?? Success in election has nothing to do with academic qualification.

The better example is NaMo. He use to run a small tea-shop, later he was working as a servant. (He use to clean entire building of RSS. Plus, he use to prepare lunch/dinner for 100 odd people everyday. Then, He was was promoted to a full-time worker. He belongs to a community which is one of the most poorer. Today? He is not only the best performing CM but he is considered as CEO of Gujarat. International recognition, Possible PM candidate.

Higher education has nothing to with good governance and development work. Otherwise Harvard pass-out Kapil Sibla of Zero Loss, Khurshid of Batla cry could have done far better for the country than a person who doesn't have higher education.

BTW, If i am not mistaken, BJP is winning Surat municipal corporation for last 25 years without any defeat. The GDP growth is far better than than 90% cities. :wave:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    sob, iNDiAN.96, parijataka and 2 others like this.
  9. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Umm....he did not made it up, its a TOI report and I'm pretty sure TOI circulates in Surat too. So don't hate on the messenger.

10. Ray

11. Ray

Personal life

Modi was born to a middle-class family in Vadnagar in Mehsana district of what was then Bombay State, India.[16] Modi is a vegetarian.[17] During the Indo-Pak war in the mid sixties, even as a young boy, he volunteered to serve the soldiers in transit at railway stations.[18] As a young man, he joined the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, a student organisation and was involved in the anti-corruption Nav Nirmāṇ ("Reconstruction") Movement. After working as a full-time organiser for the organisation, he was later nominated as its representative in the Bharatiya Janata Party.[19] As a teenager Modi used to run a tea stall with his brother.[20] Modi completed his schooling in Vadnagar. He earned a masters degree in political science from Gujarat University.[21] His opponents[which?] allege that he is married to Jashodaben Chimanlal Modi, however Modi denies this. He has no children from her.[22][23][24][25]

Narendra Modi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Galaxy likes this.
  12. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

The answer is very simple my friend. You are blatantly anti-BJP and your only intention of posting this was to prove that somehow BJP is a party of illiterate people and no matter how well they did for their people, you will keep on criticising because you have closed your eyes and only consider criticism of BJP as your duty.
    Yes you posted a TOI link, but how does it warrant that you not be blamed for being so divisive when all your posts from 0 to 1152 has been about speaking against Hindutva parties? Face it, you have been unmasked big time.

13. Galaxy

Yes, I missed that point. Thanks for the link.

My main point was higher education has nothing to do good performance.

Libertarian likes this.
  14. Ray

OK

Now see how the higher educated people talk.

Congress calls Modi 'Ravan', 'mouse', 'asatya ka saudagar'

Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday came under a sharp attack from Congress leaders including Mani Shankar Aiyer who compared him with demon king 'Ravana' and also called him 'asatya ka saudagar' (merchant of falsehood).

"Modi has engaged a world renowned PR agency and is paying a hefty sum to it to build his image at the cost of tax payers of the state. That is the reason this image of lohpurush (iron man). What lohpurush... he is just a pani purush (man like water)," Congress leader Mani Shakar Aiyer said at a meeting in Porbander.

Congress chief Sonia Gandhi had in the run up to the previous assembly poll in Gujarat had described as "maut ka saudagar" (merchant of death) in the wake of 2002 post-Godhra communal riots.

Amid reports in a section of media that Modi would not be fighting assembly elections from Maninagar constituency this time, Aiyer said "why is he not fighting from Maninagar constituency this time"?

BJP MP Vijay Rupani said Congress should mind its own house as it is not getting candidates to fight against Modi from Maninagar seat which he had won last time with a margin of over 75,000 votes.

Aiyer said it is time to end the rule of 'Ravana' in the state and asked the people to celebrate "real Diwali" on December 20 (counting day).

Aiyer also termed Modi as "asatya ka saudagar" (merchant of falsehood) accusing him of giving people wrong information about Gujarat.

Congress Rajya Sabha MP Hussain Dalwai, speaking at a rally in Palanpur in North Gujarat, said "Modi is just a mouse before Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel".

At the same meeting, Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said Congress would provide an honest and a young chief minister if the party comes to power in the state.

AICC general secretary and MP Oscar Fernandez, speaking at a function in Bajipura in Tapi district of South Gujarat, said "two Gandhis are famous in the country. One is Mahatma Gandhi and other is Rahul Gandhi.

Like Mahatma Gandhi who had toured the country before taking up fight for independence, Rahul Gandhi is also going to the houses of poor and Dalits spending nights there and eating with them".

Two Congress leaders, namely, Minister of State for Power, Jyotiraditya Scindia and MP Priya Dutt could not come to address rallies in Godhra and Dahod respectively.

Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary and Minister of Minority Affairs K Rehman Khan addressed two separate meetings.

The party will be holding 10 more rallies in different parts of the state tomorrow as well.

Congress calls Modi 'Ravan', 'mouse', 'asatya ka saudagar'

I saw the thread of how some illiterates were candidates of a Party in Surat.

Here is the wonders that the educated seem to indulge in.

I am sure the ping pong match that will start will be such fun.

India is such a fun place!

15. Galaxy

You are mistaken my friend. He claims to be a statistician who always post "Where and by how much Muslim population is increasing district/state wise". If you will criticize or worry, He will say "You are a RSS Phanka" and he believes that Illegal Muslim migration from BD is exaggerated by RSS folks. Increase in Muslim population is natural and happening from centuries and RSS is doing propaganda by talking such communal thing. He will not support Congress openly but will not leave a single stone unturn to criticize BJP. He will also call Pro-BJP Muslims as saffron Muslim. Also, According to him, Since Muslims of Murshidabad supported a Hindu MP in past. Hence, Muslims are mostly secular in India. 90% Indian Muslims belong to sufi tradition.

In short, A classic example of secular, moderate and pragmatic Muslim. Those who don't agree are RSS Phanka. :)

16. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

Soniaji only went to school. Still She rules world largest democracy.

parijataka likes this.
  17. Ray

BTW Mani Shankar Aiyer is one of those who comes from the most elite public school of India - the Doon School.

Graduation in another highly prestigious college - St Stephens.

Was in the totally sophisticated service in India - Indian Foreign Service.

And he displays such wonderful linguistic syntax in debates and elsewhere, like the ones that I can hear around the streets of the worst parts of my city.

So. while education for our MPs is a necessity, but it does in no way make one a gentleman and knowledgeable.

The poor man does not know a sausage about PR on which he has spoken. By being crude and personal in TV debates or in lectures, he might be playing to the gallery or thinking he is cleverer by half, but in actuality, he comes out to be detested and worse still as a man short of facts making up by being a total disliked jester.

TrueSpirit1 and parijataka like this.
  18. SHURIDH

Seems like you are too much pro-bjp.
    You can't bear any criticism for your bjp.
    Do you read my post 0-1152 i posted many article in the dfi which criticise mamta,congress,mulayum,mayawati also.
    I have right to post any article in dfi if it supports dfi forum rule.
    I find this article and share it.
    Yes i am anti hinduvta idology which i think divisive.
    You may disagree with me but you have no right to question me what article i can post in dfi what i can't.
    You hinduvta people also post many article.
    But i never question why you posted this article.
    I give my opinion about what article say .
    where i agree or disagree.
    If you have any problem with article than say your opinion and where you differ.
    If hindvakaleam site article which is black listed in cia data base,organiser site article can be posted here.
    Than why you are angry if toi articale posted here.

19. Galaxy

If HaindavaKeralam site which has nothing to do with Islam is black listed by CIA.

What about Religion of Peace i.e. Islam ?

TheReligionofPeace - Myths of Islam
    Islam: Making a True Difference in the World - One Body at a Time

Good for statistician like you. Data is updated regularly. not blacked-listed by CIA because spreading awareness? :confused:

99% sites that are spreading awareness about Islam are managed by Non-Hindus, mostly Christians.

And Yes, you can post anything. If you will not criticize, How people will rebut/defend. You are actually helping RSS phanka to become more pro-active and good researcher. Thanks! :)

20. SHURIDH

Personal attack.
    I give more details data about hindu population.
    My data always comes from official govt. statistics not like you
    who love to give data without any proff just based on crazy imagination.
    Safforn muslim is a term is given by media not by me.
    I say majority of indian muslim belongs to barelvi sect which is influenced by sufi tradition.
    Its a fact ask everyone all will be agree that majority of indian muslim are from barelvi sect.
    but i never say they are 90% of indian muslim population.
    People of my area free from communal riot,actively participate in each other festival.
    When they vote they don't vote on communal line.
    Its a very good tradition,culture.
    But i don't expect a hardcore hinduvta person like you will value it.
    Illegal migration issue my position is clear expell everyone who comes after 25th march 1971.
    But you don't know what is the definition of illegal migrant according to law.
    You are also advocating in favouring one section of illegal migrant who are clearly illegal in the eye of law and constitution of india by going against the indian citizenship act 2003.

21. Galaxy