Mosque sparks outrage with 'fatwa' Facebook post warning Muslims

Blackwater

Australia's biggest mosque has sparked outrage with a 'fatwa' post on its Facebook page warning Muslims it is a 'sin' to wish people a merry Christmas.
The message has been removed from the Lakemba Mosque page of the social networking website after being condemned by Muslim leaders.
It followed a controversial lecture at the Sydney mosque at Friday prayer, when head imam Sheikh Yahya Safi reportedly told worshipers not to have anything to do with Christmas.

Read more: Mosque sparks outrage with 'fatwa' Facebook post warning Muslims it is a sin to celebrate Christmas | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:

blank_quest

Country flag
"Ž"And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen. I said not to them except what You commanded me – to worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness. If You should punish them – indeed they are Your servants; but if You forgive them – indeed it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise."

(Al Qur'an 5: 116-118).
It is my friend Who posted it on FB :rage:

Tolaha

In Siddhivinayak Mandir (mumbai) in that red LED board opposite the Ganpati vigraham, you have Happy Christmas flashing during Dec 25..
Why's that a problem? You are allergic to the colour red or you are anti-environment, so prefer to use bulbs over LEDs? :taunt:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Why's that a problem? You are allergic to the colour red or you are anti-environment, so prefer to use bulbs over LEDs? :taunt:
Didnt say it was a problem :dude:..I was pleasantly surprised.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are cleric of all religions who feel threatened that they will lose their hold and following if the adherents stray from the purist path as dictated by the religious scriptures.

Such are the people who use damnation, fire and brimstone to scare their religion's adherent.

The right thinking people should use their intelligence to sift the wheat from the chaff that is shovelled out by these fear crazed clerics!

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
In a way the presence of social media is exposing the brainless idiots from those who who use their own brain to separate "wheat from the chaff" as stated by Brigadier Ray.

These kind of individuals also exist each and every religion around the whole world and under a new world order they should be resettled on an island and cut of from rest of the saner world. They are the roadblocks towards the development of societies in the education, cultural and economic field.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Australia's biggest mosque has sparked outrage with a 'fatwa' post on its Facebook page warning Muslims it is a 'sin' to wish people a merry Christmas.
The message has been removed from the Lakemba Mosque page of the social networking website after being condemned by Muslim leaders.
It followed a controversial lecture at the Sydney mosque at Friday prayer, when head imam Sheikh Yahya Safi reportedly told worshipers not to have anything to do with Christmas.

Read more: Mosque sparks outrage with 'fatwa' Facebook post warning Muslims it is a sin to celebrate Christmas | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
First of all why is this mosque and muslims in the land of Kafirs ie Australia ??? It is a sin so go back to Arabia the land of Believers.

cloud_9

Country flag
which friend ?

Must be the work of stupid Lebanese Australians.
Nah! coming up with something complex like that.........Imposibru :rofl:

[video=youtube_share;iw8soyvhnOI]http://youtu.be/iw8soyvhnOI[/video]

Some of them were my college & department mates :facepalm: :sucide:

parijataka

Country flag
In Siddhivinayak Mandir (mumbai) in that red LED board opposite the Ganpati vigraham, you have Happy Christmas flashing during Dec 25..
AFAIK Abdul Rehman Antulay one time CM of Maharashtra was one of the trustees of Siddhivinayak temple.

On topic, as Islam is supposed to consider Jesus as one of the prophets they should not hv problem wishing Christians on His b'day!

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
The Mosque was right. It amounts to Shirk and lessens a Muslims Iman.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The Mosque was right. It amounts to Shirk and lessens a Muslims Iman.
Shirk is the biggest crime as per some Muslims. But in wishing people there is no shirk IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Global Defence

New threads

Articles