More than 40 Philippine police killed in clash with Muslims

apple

Manila not giving up claim on Sabah | Free Malaysia Today

PH's muslim neighbours surely won't miss a chance to destablize PH by funnelling support to the Moro so as to keep Manila distracted from the territorial dispute. Also PH is a country of rampant mafia rule with kidnaps and murders as routines. Their muslim community obviously does not get a fair deal.

~Tapa talks: Orange is the new black.~
Is a strange co incidence that almost every post on this thread by someone from China is, pretty much, exactly wrong. Not just a little bit wrong, or debatable, but 100%, entirely incorrect... Why would this be???

Your article is about Sabah, where Malaysia has been fighting against Moro terrorists coming from the Philipines. Why would Malaysia want to fund its enemies? Indonesia, maybe, but that's a bit hard to believe.

Last edited:

amoy

Is a strange co incidence that almost every post on this thread by someone from China is, pretty much, exactly wrong. Not just a little bit wrong, or debatable, but 100%, entirely incorrect... Why would this be???

Your article is about Sabah, where Malaysia has been fighting against Moro terrorists coming from the Philipines. Why would Malaysia want to fund its enemies? Indonesia, maybe, but that's a bit hard to believe.
Why would this be? One of problems with u is your presumption ~ the Moros are terrorists ~ on which u base yr argument on. It's certainly debatable. In a catholic dominant PH Muslims want their due say, as leads to the upheaval. Labeling their cause as "terrorism" is hoarsely simplistic.

Secondly u put them as enemies of Malaysia, how? Even if that were true Malaysia would still have no qualms about conspiring with the Moros to keep PH busy.

Everyone wants to fish in the troubled water for one's self interest in the region. What's new under the sun? Didn't Australia once meddle with Timor Leste that was occupied by Indonesia?

Do refute with more solid substance than blah.

~~Still waters run deep. ~~from my MiPad using tapatalk

Last edited:

apple

Why would this be? One of problems with u is your presumption ~ the Moros are terrorists ~ on which u base yr argument on. It's certainly debatable. In a catholic dominant PH Muslims want their due say, as leads to the upheaval. Labeling their cause as "terrorism" is hoarsely simplistic.

Secondly u put them as enemies of Malaysia, how? Even if that were true Malaysia would still have no qualms about conspiring with the Moros to keep PH busy.

Everyone wants to fish in the troubled water for one's self interest in the region. What's new under the sun? Didn't Australia once meddle with Timor Leste that was occupied by Indonesia?

Do refute with more solid substance than blah.
OK, you're one of those types of Asian... must keep face :-/ To give you some free, probably unwanted, advice: When you're in a hole, stop digging.

Your article, and your post I was replying to, was about Sabah, Malaysia. What should I call violence in Malaysia, carried by Moro's from the Philipines if not Terrorism??? Piracy? Invasion? are they "Freedom Fighters"?

What's your point about East Timor? The people of East Timor wanted protected for very violent pro Indonesian gangs and Australia sent in our army. How is that comparable to the Malaysia govt. funded the very people who are attacking them?

Your claim would be analogous with India funding Kashmiri seperatists or China funding, somekind of, foreign Free Tibetan Army.

How much more substance would you like me to refute your stupidity with?

t_co

Did you bother to read the story?

Your description of it is exactly wrong. The (American) media, revealed that American military personal were involved with the planning and direction of the operation, which wouldn't be a surprise to anyone even vaguely familiar with the situation there.

The only mention of the Philipines Govt. quotes a report of theis which describes the only involvement of Americans being in evacuating the wounded.
Did you read the story?

U.S. counterterrorism personnel played a hidden but key role in a bungled commando operation in the Philippines that resulted in dozens of deaths and a political scandal, according to a government investigation released Tuesday in Manila.
The government investigation was conducted by the PH Senate and contradicts their earlier report about US presence being limited to medical personnel.

amoy

OK, you're one of those types of Asian... must keep face :-/ To give you some free, probably unwanted, advice: When you're in a hole, stop digging.

Your article, and your post I was replying to, was about Sabah, Malaysia. What should I call violence in Malaysia, carried by Moro's from the Philipines if not Terrorism??? Piracy? Invasion? are they "Freedom Fighters"?

What's your point about East Timor? The people of East Timor wanted protected for very violent pro Indonesian gangs and Australia sent in our army. How is that comparable to the Malaysia govt. funded the very people who are attacking them?

Your claim would be analogous with India funding Kashmiri seperatists or China funding, somekind of, foreign Free Tibetan Army.

How much more substance would you like me to refute your stupidity with?
Stop playing the race card - useless indeed, and such those-types-of-Asian rhetoric just reveals u're at your wit's end. This is a warning not free advice :mad:

I won't call u stupid honestly. It may have been your trick trying to divert the attention from the subject in hand when u fail to meet the very issue head on.

Don't waste time defending Austrialia as a white knight salvaging Timor Leste - such holier-than-thee platitude is BS. Simply the same as Malaysian involvment with Moros. The same can be spoken of Filipino's treatment of Moros. Pot, kettle, what's the difference? And when did Moros (their MNLF or MILF) attack Malaysia?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray

hmmmm, only Malaysia and Indonesia dont have this problem in this ASEAN region, ......

rest including Thailand, Burma, etc all, this type of news of clash between police/military with the Islamic outfits is quite common, including in Philippines ......
They don't have a problem because they are Muslims countries.

However, with the pan Islamist movement sweeping the world, all countries in the region are affected by fundamentalism including Malaysia. In fact, the Islamism is spreading. In 2007, the then Chief Justice of Malaysia, questioned the requirement of English common law even though Malaysia being independent for 50 years. He and proposed to replace it with Islamic law jurisprudence or sharia law. In Kelantan they enforced a by-law that empowers state authorities to fine Muslim men up to RM1,000 or jail them for up to a year, or both, for failing to attend Friday prayers thrice in a row.

In this sea of Islamic nations, Philippines is the only country that is non Muslim and Catholic majority but Islamic fundamentalist like MNLF , MILF, Abu Sayyaf Group, Jemaah Islamiya, Rajah Solaiman Movement, Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Movement are running a riot.

What is interesting as far as Philippines is concerned, Islam came to it earlier in the 14th and 15th centuries through Arab, Malay and Persian merchants. Christianity came later, 100 years later to be precise with the arrivalof the Spaniards. The Muslims were concentrated in Mindanao and the Sulu archipelago and since the Muslims were sparse in the North, Christianity could spread easily in the North and they are now the majority there. The problem in Philippines is that it is said that there is hardly an intermingling and two different cultures exist. Hence, the dichotomy in the Nation state.

Sabah is an interesting issue since it was plagued with territorial disputes between Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia. Malaysia's claim over a portion of the Spratly Islands is also based on sharing a continental shelf with Sabah. There are also several overlapping claims over the Ambalat continental shelf in the Celebes (Sulawesi) Sea.

Philippines claim the eastern part of Sabah (North Borneo) but Malaysia holds that Sabah had exercised their right to self-determination when they joined to form the Malaysian federation in 1963.

In actuality, this region is quite chaotic and where chaos prevails fundamentalism thrive.

Last edited by a moderator:

apple

Sabah is an interesting issue since it was plagued with territorial disputes between Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia. Malaysia's claim over a portion of the Spratly Islands is also based on sharing a continental shelf with Sabah. There are also several overlapping claims over the Ambalat continental shelf in the Celebes (Sulawesi) Sea.

Philippines claim the eastern part of Sabah (North Borneo) but Malaysia holds that Sabah had exercised their right to self-determination when they joined to form the Malaysian federation in 1963.

In actuality, this region is quite chaotic and where chaos prevails fundamentalism thrive.
How about that... Mr. Wikipedia actually understands an issue.

Stop playing the race card - useless indeed, and such those-types-of-Asian rhetoric just reveals u're at your wit's end. This is a warning not free advice :mad:

I won't call u stupid honestly. It may have been your trick trying to divert the attention from the subject in hand when u fail to meet the very issue head on.

Don't waste time defending Austrialia as a white knight salvaging Timor Leste - such holier-than-thee platitude is BS. Simply the same as Malaysian involvment with Moros. The same can be spoken of Filipino's treatment of Moros. Pot, kettle, what's the difference? And when did Moros (their MNLF or MILF) attack Malaysia?
I meant you're culturally asian, you race card troll.

I will, very honestly, describe you as stupid as you have no idea on the subject of which you're speaking but keep displaying your ignorance. i.e. you are very stupid.

Why would I care about a moron's opinion about Australia vis-a-vis Timor, the Moro vis-a-vis Malaysia and the Philipines vis-a-vis the Moro.

When did the Moros attack Malaysia? :confused: Is a peaceful, prosperous part of Malaysia, Sabah, isn't it?

Did you read the story?

The government investigation was conducted by the PH Senate and contradicts their earlier report about US presence being limited to medical personnel.
Yes, I read the story and think my initial review of it was correct. Don't really see what your issue is... Being involved with "planning and direction" is very vague. Sending supporting medical personnal is boots on the ground stuff. i.e. Medics get shot/ killed.

It's no secret America offers military support to the Philipino army.

Tomatoe/ tomato, if you want get upset, have fun.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How about that... Mr. Wikipedia actually understands an issue.

I take it it does. Much better than the wannabe European Australian, who comes out more of gas than substance.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles