Modi's India votes against Israel once again

Should India change its position in future on resolutions against Israel?

• Total voters

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
ut there wont be any new RW party born in future that would be able to penetrate pan india level
People thought the same about BJP too. Seriously, nothing can stop an idea whose time has come.

Sameet2

BJP is allowing the "experts" to do their job. RSS is a better positioned than BJP as far as strengthening the RW ideology is concerned. In all BJP-ruled states RSS has firmly established itself, very little space is left for Evangelists and Islamists to spread their wings.

It is next to impossible to run such schemes through government-owned infrastructure because of lack of motivation, lack of loyalty to particular ideology, hidden political allegiances and corruption.

RSS-run schools won't change their curriculum after change in government but government-run schools can. It also provides BJP-led governments an option of deniability.

At grass-root level RSS is a much bigger force than BJP and RSS' cadre on ground is more motivated than BJP's cadre or government employees.
RSS doesnt even handle the political stuff they just oraganization of men who might do some relief work or organazine some other function and occasion .

The main concern here is the faith the people are loosing !

DingDong

Country flag
RSS doesnt even handle the political stuff they just oraganization of men who might do some relief work or organazine some other function and occasion .

The main concern here is the faith the people are loosing !
Telling a person whose family has donated land and money to RSS for running Middle and High schools in our village? There are thousands of such schools covering almost every district of India. RSS is doing great work, but to know and appreciate that you will have to visit India's rural and tribal hinterland. RSS has made it's presence felt at places where it's presence is desirable.

In my view government must not indulge in social engineering, this may backfire.

Reactions: VIP

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
IS BJP a pan india-level party????

BJP as an idea has got cocentrated in cow belt states
My friend, you should see the map of BJP LS constituencies after LS2014. I think you will have to redefine the word - Cow Belt.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
In my view government must not indulge in social engineering, this may backfire
You like how it has backfired against commies and congis so far? Stop giving excused for the BJP's incompetence

DingDong

Country flag
Moody's threatens Modi. Modi votes against Israel.

I think the US is trying to send a message to India via Moody's. India is sending a message to the US via Israel.

Interesting times.

As far as I am concerned, I think Modi knows what he is doing.
During my professional career I got many chances to work with Israelis. Our and their world view do not match in say 70% of cases, India may blindly support Israel at cost of her own interests in ME and in immediate neighbourhood. Good relation between India and Israel can at-best be described as an arrangement of convenience, which is true in case of all foreign relations.

We don't get anything for free from Israel, Israel doesn't get anything for free from us, Fair Deal.

You like how it has backfired against commies and congis so far? Stop giving excused for the BJP's incompetence
Infrastructure and ideology created through RSS' hard work is going to last much longer than the ones created by the previous governments.

pmaitra

During my professional career I got many chances to work with Israelis. Our and their world view do not match in say 70% of cases, India may blindly support Israel at cost of her own interests in ME and in immediate neighbourhood. Good relation between India and Israel can at-best be described as an arrangement of convenience, which is true in case of all foreign relations.

We don't get anything for free from Israel, Israel doesn't get anything for free from us, Fair Deal.
Yes, they have their own world view that is centred around them, their interests, and oftentimes, their dogma. Many of them believe it is their job to lead the world and that they are the best adjudicators of what the world should be like. The idea of 'live and let live' does not find a lot of traction with them.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

Infrastructure and ideology created through RSS' hard work is going to last much longer than the ones created by the previous governments.
Nice post.

Our would view would not match because them laying the foundation of abrahamic thought. They are so inflexible that they would dig their own grave. But can the convenience of friendship help India in the short run- the answer is yes.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Nice post.

Our would view would not match because them laying the foundation of abrahamic thought. They are so inflexible that they would dig their own grave. But can the convenience of friendship help India in the short run- the answer is yes.

Typical case of illusion. Your way of thinking is same as sickular politicians who only think of short terms goals like creating vote-bank and winning votes. They too suffer from the illusion that after Muslims have been used, their overzealousness can be curbed while him in power.
No wonder you were going on ranting against me. You have shown yourself to be in the same book as the sickulars, only on a different page.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
And that ideology being a small margin of the future discourse will die a painful death and move into oblivion. And we can be happy that the 10% Hindus which RSS managed to convert using chaddi technique will die irrelevant , but die as converts nevertheless, because 10% is a meaningless number in politics when the other side has brainwashed the rest 90%.

DingDong

Country flag
And that ideology being a small margin of the future discourse will die a painful death and move into oblivion. And we can be happy that the 10% Hindus which RSS managed to convert using chaddi technique will die irrelevant , but die as converts nevertheless, because 10% is a meaningless number in politics when the other side has brainwashed the rest 90%.
In my view rise of RSS and BJP are just symptoms, real churning is happening away from the preying eyes of our intelligentsia and Media. Neither RSS nor BJP are indispensable in this context.

To spread an ideology, the flag bearers must have strong belief in that ideology. RW is no longer fringe, it has become Mainstream. Right Wing ideology is sustainable in India because of social-political realities and not because there exists a Sangh Parivar to defend it. Allow it to grow naturally and it will never fade away, just like Hinduism.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
In my view rise of RSS and BJP are just symptoms, real churning is happening away from the preying eyes of our intelligentsia and Media. Neither RSS nor BJP are indispensable in this context.

To spread an ideology, the flag bearers must have strong belief in that ideology. RW is no longer fringe, it has become Mainstream. Right Wing ideology is sustainable in India because of social-political realities and not because there exists a Sangh Parivar to defend it. Allow it to grow naturally and it will never fade away, just like Hinduism
Allowing it to grow natural growth or any such is only possible if the other side is doing the same. When the other side is using state patronage and propaganda from schools, you can win with just words an brainwashing on the ground. That's like fighting a gun fight with a sword.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Allowing it to grow natural growth or any such is only possible if the other side is doing the same. When the other side is using state patronage and propaganda from schools, you can win with just words an brainwashing on the ground. That's like fighting a gun fight with a sword.
I am assuming you mean't "you can't win".
To that I say, no, win is possible, provided the message is simple enough. Masses cannot digest complex and abstract ideas, but if the ideas are simple, and the messages consistent and clear, masses can always be affected. That, is the humble effort of all right wingers.

DingDong

Country flag
I am assuming you mean't "you can't win".
To that I say, no, win is possible, provided the message is simple enough. Masses cannot digest complex and abstract ideas, but if the ideas are simple, and the messages consistent and clear, masses can always be affected. That, is the humble effort of all right wingers.
Exactly, keeping it simple and direct, that is what BJP and RSS are doing, and the Intellectuals aren't liking those "cattle class" statements.

Award Wapsi etc suggest that do or die moment has arrived for the Fiberals.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Exactly, keeping it simple and direct, that is what BJP and RSS are doing, and the Intellectuals aren't liking those "cattle class" statements.

Award Wapsi etc suggest that do or die moment has arrived for the Fiberals.
True. And I believe for the first time in many decades, the right wing has found the right formula to counter these seditious intellectuals, (closet Congi Kulkarni included). A few people, will always keep trying to attack from the shadows under the garb of 'intellect', 'civility', 'secularism'. They, in my humble opinion, should be countered directly with methods such as public shaming and if necessary, physical intimidation. It, will be a language they understand and fear. They are harping on and on about intolerance, right? We should give them a chance to live through truly intolerant times, and give them a taste of their own intolerant medicine.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Typical case of illusion. Your way of thinking is same as sickular politicians who only think of short terms goals like creating vote-bank and winning votes. They too suffer from the illusion that after Muslims have been used, their overzealousness can be curbed while him in power.
No wonder you were going on ranting against me. You have shown yourself to be in the same book as the sickulars, only on a different page.
Ha-ha.

Getting and giving support to a foreign nation is same as supporting snakes in your country.

If you support Israel it will bring it's border next to India, then increase its population to 500 million, then get all the oil wells in middle East and then screw up India. Whatever happened to self confidence. Read a bit less of anti Zionist agenda and their super human powers, it will serve you well.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Ha-ha.

Getting and giving support to a foreign nation is same as supporting snakes in your country.

If you support Israel it will bring it's border next to India, then increase its population to 500 million, then get all the oil wells in middle East and then screw up India. Whatever happened to self confidence. Read a bit less of anti Zionist agenda and their super human powers, it will serve you well.

You are kissing the lips of a foreign snake Ustad. How is it any less dangerous that the homegrown snakes? Snakes are snakes. Their venoms kill, nonetheless. You are the sort of people who try to distinguish between a good terrorist and a bad terrorist. No wonder you have US flag in your profile picture and support the Zionist regime. Your great buddy Hizra-el is tacitly supporting IS in Syria by attacking Syrian Arab Army day in and out in Golan Heights and providing cover fire for IS infiltrators. You can, in no way, exude a holier-than-thou attitude. Because the nexus you speak in favour of, is one of the most unholy in the world.
Self-confidence? You don't even have the self-confidence to put up the flag of India in your avatar. So don't talk so presumptuously about self-confidence, cause you have none. Supporting Israel is self-confidence? And speaking out against Zionist mischief making is lack of confidence? No wonder you support Israel, you are utterly hypocritical, which are of course, one of the hallmarks of the Zionists.
You yourself have conceded that India's relation with Israel is one on convenience and not that of principle. So what problem do you have if India finds it convenient to vote against poor old Zionists in UN? Convenience, after all in your world view, trumps all!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
You are kissing the lips of a foreign snake Ustad. How is it any less dangerous that the homegrown snakes? Snakes are snakes. Their venoms kill, nonetheless. You are the sort of people who try to distinguish between a good terrorist and a bad terrorist. No wonder you have US flag in your profile picture and support the Zionist regime. Your great buddy Hizra-el is tacitly supporting IS in Syria by attacking Syrian Arab Army day in and out in Golan Heights and providing cover fire for IS infiltrators. You can, in no way, exude a holier-than-thou attitude. Because the nexus you speak in favour of, is one of the most unholy in the world.
Self-confidence? You don't even have the self-confidence to put up the flag of India in your avatar. So don't talk so presumptuously about self-confidence, cause you have none. Supporting Israel is self-confidence? And speaking out against Zionist mischief making is lack of confidence? No wonder you support Israel, you are utterly hypocritical, which are of course, one of the hallmarks of the Zionists.
You yourself have conceded that India's relation with Israel is one on convenience and not that of principle. So what problem do you have if India finds it convenient to vote against poor old Zionists in UN? Convenience, after all in your world view, trumps all!
How does it affect you if they protect their interests in middle East? Your hatred is astounding. Convenience is the first step towards meaningful cooperation. I do not see any long term harm from cooperating with Israel. Tell me how does it hurt India in the long run, of course after cutting down on your rhetoric and making meaningful posts.

And flags are automatic on dfi, only a moron like you would compare it to self confidence. I at least do not waste my time explaining the world events by blaming a small puny country.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
the other alternative would be. to abstain
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/abstainhttp://www.thesaurus.com/browse/abstain

Synonyms for abstain
verb hold back from doing

Global Defence

New threads

Articles