Modi's First Litmus Test - Sushma Swaraj

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by skumar7777, Jun 16, 2015.

1. skumar7777

skumar7777 Regular Member

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/n...lalit-modi-amounts-to-corruption-2296126.html

Sushma Swaraj has provided the first litmus test to the Modi government. Unmistakably a matter of impropriety and more, Swaraj should go.

Agree largely with the author of the article above except for some examples given on bad decisions of the government e.g. sacking of Amartya Sen from Nalanda University was good.

Supporting SS would the most stupid decision that the GoI and BJP has made so far.

3. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

You might call me shallow for this but holy shit, that woman is hideous.

:puke:

4. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

God I wish I could unsee that face.

Btw Modi should ask her to step down on account of her nepotism and corruption.

5. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

It's the decision of RSS not ask her for resignation, she was ready to resign. This is a week old news , blown out of propotion by Arnab Goswami and even UK is not pursuing anything against MP who's the only person could be under fire for his actions. Whatever Lalit Modi had done, Sushma Swaraj has acted for his wife who's suffering from cancer and everyone should allow a patient to have his/her loving person by side during such difficult time. What she did was a right thing & she merely asked British authorities to work as per their country's laws. On such medical ground, one should not raise any conflict of interest issues, too.

6. skumar7777

1. Minister's daughter was accused's counsel.
    2. Minister's husband had dealings with accused.
    3. Minister' relatives were benefited by accused.
    4. In light of above, Minister should have stayed away from accused' case like a hot potato.
    5. The accused / loving person in question was cavorting all over the world and posting pics on Instagram.
    6. The excuse given by SS that accused was required to sign consent papers was proven to be false. Portrays a bad image of either an ill-informed minister or someone who was taken for a ride. In both cases, not good.
    7. Ext Affairs Ministry should have acted on accused' extradition earlier; it was going slow on it just like the UPA government.
    8. Either MP Vaz is lying or he is not. If he is lying and Minister did indeed reassure him that relations between the two countries would not be affected, it is wrong and Minister should call out the lie.
    9. Minister did not keep her senior-most bureaucrats involved.
    10. Makes India look like a banana republic where an accused chased by Interpol and Indian agencies can tell in advance how Indian government would react in his case.

7. VIP

1,2,3 conflict of interest. I don't think it's related here.
    4. It was about genuine illness, nobody should show inhumanity in such case.
    5. Not at that moment. He was with her whole time during treatment and he tweeted about it,too.
    6. Many hospitals require written consent despite country's law permits about verbal consent. The reason given might not look genuine but illness is and I hope you understand such patients actually need someone by side especially spouse.
    7 Not a single court has demanded his presence over here, infact Delhi HC has revoked his passport. UPA was acting against him because of cricket politics, he was alone targeted by UPA and replaced by Congi Rajeev Shukla.
    8. UK has confirmed that no violation of law in procedure.
    9. Proof ??
    10. His lawyer claim no warrant has been issued against him in Interpol.

It's a media created issue, he's back in UK, didn't run away anywhere, he will be punished according to law if found guilty but until you can't call him guilty and can't denied request in such medical situation. He's not a terrorist or a gangster, please don't drag Swaraj in this because her relatives have professional & personal relationship with him.

aliyah, topgear, parijataka and 2 others like this.
  8. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

I thought delhi elections were his "litmus test"

9. prohumanity

prohumanity Regular Member

Ms. Swaraj is a strong, very patriotic woman who should be blamed for the humanitarian decision she took. Allowing a man to meet his wife who is very sick is an act of compassion ...a woman only dares to act this way...It shows Ms.Swaraj is not only a strong woman but also a woman with kind heart.

10. Hari Sud

Hari Sud Senior Member Senior Member

Not really, but this issue is a major distraction for Modi.

If Congress forces the issue then open up the citizenship file of Sonia Gandhi and see how many people were asked for favours or check Rahul Gandhi files that how many favours from US government were requested to keep him in US and then again failing at every low level university which he attended.

parijataka and Prakash_Dr like this.
  11. skumar7777

This case is all about conflict of interest.

Why did he get a 2-year validity then?

Why then is this not offered so far as a defense.

Why did he get a 2-year validity then?

Would this argument be applied if the FBI or HM's government was after someone without a court case?

No violation of their law. Why then did they have to ask India?

Horse's mouth. :biggrin2:

No blue corner notice??

SS has handed this issue on a platter to the media and dragged GoI / Modi with it, due to her stupidity.

Anyone having tax issues of 1700 cr is a financial terrorist.

12. VIP

Yup, but there's humanitarian issue which is subjective if you want to put it ahead or behind propriety.

That was UK's decision, not India's.

It is not needed, you can't seriously tell a cancer patient that her husband wouldn't be available during her treatment far away from him.

That was UK's decision, not India's.

ED, not a court of law. ED is still probing, he's not even a fugitive.

Because of previous government's stand against this issue, UPA said bilateral relations would affect if UK would grant something like this & I don't have to remind you the tussle between LaMo & Congress.

His lawyer claims that and Sushma didn't violate any law, if you want to think morally, sushma is way beyond innocent than other politicians related to cricketing boards.

SS ??
    He's not alone, many others are involved, he'll be punished if found guilty but that doesn't mean his wife should not have him by her side during critical time.

I don't defend LaMo, I know he's a criminal and along with him many big heads are involved in fixing scandal & Tax + money laundering. I'm defending Sushma Swaraj because she acted properly on humanitarian ground & she doesn't have relations with cricketing boards & celebrities like other politicians have. She's being made a scapegoat that Congress can taint her & NDA government's image on a nonissue. She's been so far done fantastic job in her capacity to help many NRIs directly by communicating on social media which is great imo. Let her continue her job, we can't loose her because of some stupid cricket politics.

13. VIP

I think something else is cooking, target might not be sushma swaraj but if she resigns, original target won't be affected. May be Jaitley will get the burns....

14. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

I am very sure that the Modi et al are on top of this. They cannot touch the Foreign Minister or even Rajasthan CM, legally in the house or courts, that is why the high Signal-To-Noise-Ratio in the MSM.

And whatever the status of Lalit Mody, this guy is one slippery fish. Such people can be a big liability if you are not attentive. Unfortunately for us Vasundhara Raje has a somewhat lower attention span and Sushma has only in the last one year turned the corner, otherwise she too was not unlike Vasundhara Raje.

Just wait. Abhi to sirf cheetiyan beech mein dali gayi hain. Ab jo koodega, matlab usne chaddi nahi dali.

My point of starting the narrative - The 15/16 ED Notices are against BCCI and Lalit Mody is there only because he was one of the large number of members. Also NM guys have been injected into the BCCI for sometime now.

Sports-betting-racketeering, are all too near each other. I just hope it works out as I wish for them.

15. VIP

I think Jaitley is the target, he & Anurag Thakur are attached too much with BCCI. Amit Shah & Modi are attached with only GCC & before them, narhari amin is big head there an excongi man.

16. Khagesh

Khagesh Regular Member

Off course Jaitley is the target or rather in a manner all the petulant congoons are now crying to catch his attention. He is the malik of both Income Tax dept. and of ED that is issuing all the notices to these people. People who are sitting among ants without their kacchi on. Didn't you see the confident smile on Jaitley and Raj Nath Singh during the presser when they were defending the Foreign Minister. But the smile suggests he has the neck of these people in his hands now.

Jaitley is a trail lawyer for gods sake. He knows what evidence is merely procedural and what is damaging substantive.

I think Jaitley too failed to inform Sushma in a timely manner and sufficiently strongly ie. by way of formal requirement regarding passport. That is why the confidence of Sushma in offering to resign. And that is why also Jaitley is expressly though belatedly supporting Sushma.

Bottomline is Lalit Mody cannot go to Congress etc. after what he did to the Kochi team investments. He can remain outside India but only so long as the big fish are stuck in India with their amassed black monies in real estates. During which time whoever is the Malik of ED, would require Lalit Mody to cooperate, all the while ensuring that Lalit is outside the reach of these people.

But have you seen the hyper-fast manner of talking of this man Lalit and also of Yuvraaj. Both always in a hurry. Too afraid for their own good.

Narhari Amin is not the issue here. Anybody who has sunk costs aka investments in India is now stuck with this country. He cannot escape and so he must compromise.

Raje too is not the issue. MSM is targeting her close relationships with Lalit only because of their chatpatahat.

Added later - Wow Madhu madam has gone hyper on Jaitley in last fifteen minutes on tweet-her.
    Also this : http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/ran-...o-return-and-face-the-law-sharad-pawar-772511
    Everybody wants Lalit Modi back in India..........heh heh.

:rofl:
    As if on cue, even huff post ki sulag gayi.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  17. Simple_Guy

Simple_Guy Regular Member

18. OneGrimPilgrim

OneGrimPilgrim Senior Member Senior Member

whr invaders hv been eulogised, heroes binned!!
    [​IMG]

19. anupamsurey

anupamsurey Regular Member

All this ruckus on Lalitgate is a big air filled balloon, no much of substantial ground to convict anybody or even to demand resignation from anyone, you know how desperate congress is, they are trying cling to the moment. by the way the Lalitgate ballon is already loosing air, congress have found new life in Advanis's emergency fears. all of Sushma forgotten in few days..

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.
  20. OneGrimPilgrim

as usual:

[​IMG]

also, an article by RJ:

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/w...pposition-sees-reference-to-modi-2302818.html

21. OneGrimPilgrim

Congress alleges deep nexus between Narendra Modi and Lalit Modi

what way can these basturds made to eat their words?! GoI has been pathetic in being aggressive towards these scum! don't want ABV-style tackling anymore.

P.S. - on a side-note and regaining my better sense, counter-attack is already on, with HP CM, Chhagan Bhujbal and SS Waghela being under active investigation. i think the govt. would hit hard at an appropriate time soon! no mercy to be shown whatsoever at any quarters is just what i expect/request from them to show!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015