1. Modi joins netizens to protest curbs on social media | NDTV Gadgets

[​IMG]

Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today joined a protest against the Centre's move to block certain 'hate' pages and Twitter accounts by turning on his display picture to 'black', while terming the action as a "crackdown on freedom of speech".
    "As a common man, I join the protest against crackdown on freedom of speech! Changed my DP. 'Sabko Samnati De Bhagwan' (May God give wisdom to all)," he posted on #GOIBlocks.

Twitter account holders in the country have started a movement against the Centre's reported move to block 300 web pages, including some Twitter handles, in the wake of Assam violence.

As a mark of their protest many netizens have joined '#GOIBlocks' which is trending (bulletin board where everybody can express their opinion on the subject) on Twitter.

Instead of Modi's image, the picture display section on his Twitter account today showed a blank space, along with the message denouncing the Centre's move to "muzzle" social media.

As per rough estimates, there are around 40 million Facebook and 16 million Twitter users in India.

The Union government has decided to block 300 web pages saying they posed a threat to national security.

According to reports, certain Twitter accounts being blocked by the Centre belonged to some RSS affiliates and leaders.

What prompted the Centre to step in is the 'provocative' mobile phone text messages being in circulation and doctored website images about Assam and Myanmar violence going viral, resulting in exodus of northeast people from some states fearing attacks on them by Muslims

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    parijataka likes this.
  3. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Midi must more focus on Gujarat campaign.Iam hearing the congress is doing quite a good campaign there

4. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Yup, congress is just giving false promises and giving away forms for "Ghar nu ghar" promise.Till now 35 lacs forms have been given away in whole Gujarat as per their claim.Media celebrates it like a festival and if somethimg comes out from BJP than it lashes out as BJP is doing false promises to public.It's usual here.
Newspapers claim that 35 lacs is very big number but I think it's not. People who bought this form(20rs per form and media didn't even mention it, it's an open loot from congress but media shamelessly celebrates it, you can just imagine the reaction if this would have done by BJP) are traditional votebank of congress.

But till now no firm words from BJP. My friend told me that Modi's gonna bring something big on 3rd September.

Raj30 likes this.
  5. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Milind Deoria, union IT minister's twitter account has been suspend. He too would join the chorus. Or will he applaud GOI policy?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  6. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

lol, congress do have enough money now, can't they give free forms to people?

And at the end of the day if they give so-called free home to few people, there is any guarantee that they won't ask for money, mere as a party fund.

Raj30 and parijataka like this.
  7. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

It is not free anymore.. Initially when they declare the scheme it was 10 lac free home. Now it has been changed to Homes at cheap price. wait for sometime and it will also change..

8. Zebra

Not free anymore!

lol, Elections are not finished yet and they already changed it!

btw, Homes at cheap price, is very old natak of these people. (At-least, once they did it in between 85-90. If I am not wrong)

They will take cheap land from every where in the name of election promise (for homes for cheap price).

Will get government's all NOCs .

Their builder lobby will make it.

Few insider big ticket leaders will book nearly all the houses in their relatives' name OR some fake name.

Later on sell them in open market.

Announce it as the party had fulfilled it's election promise.

9. aragorn

This is the point here. I guess builder lobby is behind this. They might be pissed at guj govt's drive against illegal buildings and new jantri rates.

10. Iamanidiot

@vip 20 lakhs is a very big number add to that their husbands and also if possible their adult children .That means around 50 lakhs voters.The Congress made them fill the forms so they get voter details which can be used at polling time.The congress is pulling all stops in this election and Iam also finding Modi vulnerable in this election.

11. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Another Adarsh scam in the making it seems. This mafia party has no other idea than crooked schemes and divide and rule/identity politics. Some vigilant anti-corruption activists should keep track of this scheme in case Congress do come to power in Gujarat.

12. Iamanidiot

If Modi does not wake up he will get booted out in december

13. aragorn

People are waiting for him to react. Dhongressi and Keshubhai are blabbering with the help of local media. Everyone knows his perfect timing. and waiting for him to speak or bring something which will overshadow these idiots

14. Zebra

lam, feel free to believe, whatever you like.

In past we saw elections like, one educated person can not find it's name on election list at all.

Each and every area must have it's own slum in it.

The idea was, educated people should not vote and people from slums must vote for congress only.

So at the end as we all know, where we ended.

Now, all these (OR any other) tricks won't work in Gujarat, I think. At-least not in favor of congress.

15. Zebra

I can't say anything about the new Jantri rates and it's effect on the building industry.

bcz, I do not any thing about it. Sorry for that.

16. Iamanidiot

The congress seems determined not to give an opening to modi at the state midi.Keahubhai seems to be working silently to chip the Patel vote.Then these guys are giviing free sops to employs who do not like modi .This election campaign seems to remind me of 2004 AP elections.The INC is announcing too many free sops

17. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Till Modi's action/work as Gujarat CM speaks for itself, he doesn't have to revert to the blabber.
    That despite of all this, everyone is spewing venom against him, does pretty much fall in his favor.
    It actually polarizes the common man's vote even more in Modi's favor.
    The more you rise up, more will be your criticism.

18. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

I think they are making an all out effort to defeat Modi this time around in Gujarat. Gujarat actually saw its last Congress CM in 1995 so they are desperate to make a come back. Let us see whether Gujaratis fall to Congress gimmicks or reward Narendra Modi for good governance.

19. Iamanidiot

This long lines for free housing is distrubing me.Modi has to work hard in this election I hope he understands this

20. Iamanidiot

After large periods of free governance people generally go for SOPs seen this in AP