Modi is a challenger for Congress, we can't ignore him: Chidambvaram

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Ray, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Narendra Modi is a challenger for Congress, we can't ignore him: Chidambaram

PANAJI: Union finance minister P Chidambaram on Sunday acknowledged that the Congress party considers BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi as a "challenger."

"As a political party, we acknowledge that he (Modi) is a challenger. We cannot ignore him. He is a candidate fielded by the principal opposition party. We have to take note of him," he said during an interaction at 'ThinkFest' event currently on in Goa.

The minister, however, said that as an individual he is concerned about his (Modi's) ideology, philosophy and the kind of language he has been using in public rallies.

"So far he (Modi) is extremely opaque. So far he has not spoken on any of the major issues. He has just made election promises," Chidambaram said.

He said the rank and file of Congress party feel that Rahul Gandhi should be leader of the party and leader of government, if it is voted to power in the forthcoming general polls.

"Rank and file seems to think that if party is voted to power, Rahul Gandhi should be the leader of the party and leader of the government," he stated.

"As far as my personal opinion is concerned, I feel that the time has come to hand over the torch to the younger generation," Chidambaram stressed.

"There are enough young men and women in the country who can take part in the government and provide good governance," he said.

The minister noted that Rahul Gandhi has been addressing various public rallies. "But if I was advising him (Rahul), I would have advised him to spell out his views on various major issues (in the rallies)," he said.

When questioned why Congress leaders including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh have not been commenting on major issues, the finance minister said, "PM does address audience and addresses press conferences, although it is not as much as I expect him to do."

"You can agree or disagree with what he speaks but certainly he speaks," Chidambaram said.

Narendra Modi is a challenger for Congress, we can't ignore him: Chidambaram - The Times of India

*****************************************************************************

Thus spake Swami Chidambaram

Indeed all are concerned about his (Modi's) ideology, philosophy and the kind of language he has been using in public rallies. It is obvious is one reads the tea leaves to realise that he may be deciding the future of the Nation shortly.

Is he opaque?

He has not made any election promises. Well, that is indeed a departure. Maybe Modi is wise since he knows that elections promises are never translated when one comes to power. Yet he has give a broad approach to what lies ahead.

On the other hand, we have only been subjected to woes of the First Family, their sacrifices and fairy tales of half and full chapatis being given as a favour after 67 years of false election promises to include the never fulfilled Garibi Hatao, Roti, Kapda aur Makan and Congress ke hath ap ke sath and other election promises which turned out to be utter tripe, bilge water, jetsam and floatsam!

Chindambaram is said to be a slick customer and so this daft statement - He said the rank and file of Congress party feel that Rahul Gandhi should be leader of the party and leader of government, if it is voted to power in the forthcoming general polls. comes as a real surprise. Senility setting in?

This statement indicates the Congress Party's despair - But if I was advising him (Rahul), I would have advised him to spell out his views on various major issues (in the rallies),". The agony in that statement is loud to be heard from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.

The , "PM does address audience and addresses press conferences, although it is not as much as I expect him to do."?

Since when?

To sin by silence makes cowards of men.

3. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Re: Modi is a challenger for Congress, we can't ignore him: Chidambvar

Yeah RaGa has been more explicit with "politics is in your shirt, pant BS".

Modi has given more insight on his foreign policy, economy policy than CONgress

4. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Re: Modi is a challenger for Congress, we can't ignore him: Chidambvar

"So far he (Modi) is extremely opaque. So far he has not spoken on any of the major issues. He has just made election promises,"

Bullshyt....What can I expect though.