Modi & Gujarat Development story-busting myths and Revealing the Facts

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sasi, Jan 13, 2014.

1. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

Why I, a Congress supporter in 2009, support Modi for PM in 2014
    An independent voter’s dilemma
    Unless you have been living under a rock, you probably know that the big question before India in 2014 will be – who to bring to power in the General Elections to be held in May.
    The options are fairly clear:
    The Congress-led UPA
    The leaderless Third Front
    The Modi-led NDA
    Neither am I a registered member of any party nor am I a “traditional voter” of any given party. I pride myself on being independent. For example, in 2009, I personally supported the Telugu Desam Party at the state level (I am from Hyderabad) and the Congress at the central level. The clinchers for me were Chandrababu Naidu’s pro-development agenda and Sonia Gandhi’s special emphasis on job-creation in rural India via the MGNREGS. In 2004, I supported the Telugu Desam Party at the state level and the NDA at the central level. The clinchers then were Naidu’s fantastic performance as the C.M of Andhra Pradesh and Vajpayee’s performance as the P.M of India.
    But, this time, the answer, as far as I am concerned, is very clear. I will not give the Congress led UPA another chance after the way it has (mis)managed the country and I don’t know a whole lot of people who will. In fact, I don’t see the UPA coming back to power this time; not a chance! The battle, as far as I am concerned, is between the NDA and the Third Front.
    The Third Front: A recipe for instability
    Third front in the making yet again?
    Third front in the making yet again?
    The Third Fourth/ /Fifth Front is a recipe for instability and stagnation. If you thought that governance in India has hit rock bottom under the UPA II government, you will get the shock of your life if the Third Front comes to power. Can you imagine a motley of regional parties coming together with nothing in common between them? I am no political pundit but perhaps some expert could enlighten me about what the Samajwadi Party and the Trinamool Congress have in common? What about the Biju Janata Dal and the Communist Party of India? Do they agree on issues pertaining to the economy, foreign policy and defense? Do they agree on anything at all?
    For example, the Samajwadi Party has openly taken a stand against English. Does the Doon School educated Navin Patnaik agree with that? The Trinamool Congress withdrew support to the UPA government on the issue of FDI in retail. Does J.Jayalalithaa agree with that? The S.P is against reservations in government job-promotions for SCs and STs. Will the BSP, which draws most of its support from SCs and STs agree to a reservation policy that excludes SCs and STs? How can a political formation whose constituents have no common agenda, let alone a shared vision for the country govern?
    Discussion, debate, dissertation, argument and eventually debilitating paralysis
    Is debate without action anything new?
    Is debate without action anything new?
    As Mayes once said, “Indecision is a virus that can run through an army and destroy its will to win or even survive.” If the Third Front comes to power, indecision will remain the norm in India. Our leaders will endlessly argue, discuss, debate and dissertate over commas, full-stops and semi-colons without taking any decisions or implementing any new policies. They will not be able to take a single decision mainly because they won’t be able to agree on anything. The Congress, without whose “outside support”, they won’t be able to remain in power, will, in all probability, end up withdrawing support to the third front every now and then just as they did with the United Front governments in the late 1990s.
    To give you an idea of the scale of chaos that we will see, let me ask you a simple question- who will be the Prime Minister of India if the third front comes to power? If your answer is, “no idea”, then let me ask you something that is theoretically much simpler to answer- “Which parties are going to be part of this third front?” You could possibly answer that with- “Burn me twice if I know”!
    Therefore, while I admire the squeaky clean Navin Patnaik, adore the decisive J.Jayalalithaa and respect the down-to-earth Mamata Banerjee, I cannot possibly vote for the Third Front.
    What about Modi?
    The last and in my opinion, the best option is the Narendra Modi led- NDA. Despite whatever critics say, he is the only leader in the fray who has a proven track record with respect to development and good governance. When he could script the Gujarat’s growth story, I can’t see why he cannot revive India’s faltering growth story.

Read full- http://www.theindianrepublic.com/tbp/support-narendra-modi-pm-2014-2-100013687.html#sthash.4bz8egBV.dpuf

parijataka and TrueSpirit1 like this.
  3. aditigir

aditigir Regular Member

Re: Modi & Gujarat Development story-busting myths and Revealing the F

The state encompasses major sites of the ancient Indus Valley Civilization, such as Lothal and Dholavira. Lothal is believed to be one of the world's first seaports.
    Modiforpm