Modernisation for Indian 105mm Light Field Guns.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That is a possibility that should be put in practice ..

What about using the thermobaric round to overcome the less explosive effect of 105 mm round.
=================

I am aware abt the new round being used from 33 caliber barrel and range is 24kms, But unaware of its technology used ..

The canister has to be loaded with powder bags or modular charge before putting into the breech, I believe its just shown in photo only ..

Looks like there are two types of shells one is like 5.56mm projectile goes away and canister remains.Range of this is about 17-20km

The other round is just like 155mm with projectile and charges are apart...

@Kunal Biswas May i know the difference between these rounds? and do these rounds are for same gun? or different?
=================

High velocity is the key word, Longer barrel gives more punch ..

Then how's this heavy bunkers are destroyed......................................................

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kalyani Upgrade Of 105MM IFG.

Commendable work done by genius of Kalyani, The Gun is almost brand new system after the upgrade, It not only lighten the whole system by a large margin but also added much needed electronic fire-control, Such improvement will make it more independent in providing fire-support as a platform itself and not part of a battery to do the same task ..

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I like this sort of innovation most. Now understand the flexibility gun provide if it is lighter by 3 times and more accurate. Comprehensive fire power of gun wold increase many more time. Our enemies will find it difficult to move there guns while we will do it more easily. Our enemy will find it difficult to target our position while we shall be able to do that easily. It is a win win for us. This innovations will increase our guns comprehensive fire power by many fold. We should not always think big. we should think small. We thought small in two wheelers sector and four wheeler automobiles. That is now leading us to be big.

I fore see a big potential of a huge sell of this guns. Kudos to baba kalyani. I am his fan.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Kalyani Upgrade Of 105MM IFG.

Commendable work done by genius of Kalyani, The Gun is almost brand new system after the upgrade, It not only lighten the whole system by a large margin but also added much needed electronic fire-control, Such improvement will make it more independent in providing fire-support as a platform itself and not part of a battery to do the same task ..
What is the status of digital fire control in our Howitzers??

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Video from Athmuqam Loc from late 90s demonstrating the superiority of Indian medium Artillery especially 105 mm Indian Field Gun. So when Lt Gen G D Bakshi said they Indian Army pulverized Nellam valley in 90s thus Pakis begged for a Ceasefire then he probably mean this ..........

1. Notice the Gunners virtually obliterated the Terrorist Building of JKLF in Athmuqam Town located in the valley and under observation from our Posts located over the Ridge

2. 4000 ~ Paki Population completely displaced. Indian Arty made their life a living hell

3. Proving the importance of Light and medium Arty in Mountain Areas/ Mountain Warfare

4. Pak Army capt specifically mentioned this Gun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/105_mm_Indian_Field_Gun

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
That surely did put the fear of god in them ..

105mm guns about to get new rounds which will extend their range by 24kms compare to 17kms now ..
:lol: Kunal Bhai have you notice the destroyed and abandoned Building of JKLF with only it's flag remains. That Paki officer was trying to sell the snake oil to that foreigner that the building was owned by Kashmiri Political "activists" gather there and Indian justified the shelling of the town because of the presence of terrorist in the town. That reporter too didn't convinced with the Paki officer.

The Pak Army commander was himself hiding in the Bunker :lol: while 300 ~ Shells pounded the Athmuqam and only had the courage to visit the town when Shelling stop. Paki civilian leaving the town in total chaos lol

Looks like a typical Launch Pad/ lodging station for terrorist that Indian Artillery destroyed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jammu_Kashmir_Liberation_Front

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

=============================================================================

I love this gun. No 155 mm can take this Place.

IFG.JPG

sbm

Country flag
Kunal, has India made any progress in ER ammo for 105mm? I know you say we're getting 24km range rounds. Any DRDO report on development on that?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think i have posted some link in past few pages, They were taking them to field trails ..

Kunal, has India made any progress in ER ammo for 105mm? I know you say we're getting 24km range rounds. Any DRDO report on development on that?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles