Modern India: A Compendium of Images of Urban India

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned
Disappointing for the most part. Mumbai can't hold a candle to New York. Delhi lacks a vibrant core despite being one of the most populated cities. And all the other cities are not even worth mentioning.
Yet, your toronto full of somalians & jamaicans is precious?

Akask kumar

Just a little problem of pollution, but I guess, it would be alright after a few years since India signed Paris agreement or accord whatever it means.
paris agreement just counts global warming effect due to carbon/co2 pollution.. it doesnt count in methane and nitrous oxide effect on global warming..

FYI..
If the GLOBAL WARMING POTENTIAL ( GWP ) is 1 for Carbon Dioxide, it is 302 for Nitrous oxide and 104 for Methane over a 20 year period.

methane is produced by fracking industry in the developed world, plus the cattle farm also contribute significatntly. the melting of antartic ice led underground methane to escape and is the biggest factor heating up the atmosphere.. nitrous oxide is used in chemical fertilizers

the paris agreement is totally silent on MORE POTENT greenhouse gases NITROUS OXIDE and METHANE – to save the western BEEF , FRACKING and GM CROP FERTILISER LOBBY.

plus i read somewhere that our oceans serves as a great sink for CO2..so its not a big worry.

co2 is mainly produced by developing countries.. that agreement will slow down developing countries growth..Plus the green technology is mainly owned by the developed western world and it cost heavily..plus the west will always will be in the control of the technology..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Mumbai

Credit: George Clark

The unfortunate thing is that, I didn't spot this thread before.:biggrin2:

BTW, @Akask kumar @republic_roi97 @IndianHawk This thread is about multimedia, not environmental discussion.

Instead, I will be glad if you guys also post some pictures of urbans and sub urbs around the country. Together, we can have this thread as a strong platform to tackle British Rumour Service.

Rage

DFI TEAM

The switch to all-AC rakes on the Mumbai suburban rail transit system is now well and truly underway.

The Central Line will get them first followed by the Harbor and Western lines.

Navnit Kundu

Pika Hu Akbarrr!!
[Cross Post]
Thane - the Satellite City of Mumbai

It looks nice in photos but trust, 'Thane' is not an euphemism for success in Mumbai, nowhere near that. Thane is where a person goes if he doesn't earn enough to be able to afford a flat in main Mumbai. Thane is what you say to people if you want them to respond "are bapre, itne duur se aate ho?".

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
L& T Infotech, Chennai

Infosys, Pune

I-Flex Solutions, Bangalore

Bharti Airtel, Delhi NCR

ERDC, Chennai

Lotus Temple, Delhi

Latest Replies

Global Defence