MoD calls for fresh Army gun bids

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
MoD calls for fresh Army gun bids

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/pune/mod-calls-for-fresh-army-gun-bids/articleshow/60997570.cms

Another round of drama from army. Issuing tender then cancelling it becomes favourite time pass for army. Its more than 15 years, the same drama continues
Dear they are not buying grocery for our house they are buying guns weapons that our soldiers on the border has to fight with so yes it will take its time
heck even the US army did the same with their bids

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/09/20/breaking-army-7-62mm-rifle-program-cancelled-icsr-no/

the forces area conservative bunch of people sir and they check and recheck bid and rebid on every system that they buy because at the end of the day they are ones deployed in Mizoram J&K and Assam not armchair people like you and me dam I miss @Ray sir here

@hammer head @Kunal Biswas @Bornubus

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
And dies the JVPC.

-------------------------------------------------------------

prateikf

Country flag
The biggest names - FN & H&K won't even bother to respond just like the last time. Not sure if Baretta would respond. That would leave only the IWI in the fray.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I have reason to see positive in this.

"A Request For Information (RFI), relating to CQB carbine guns of 5.56 calibre, with a minimum striking range of 200 metres, was issued a few days ago. It sought offers from global as well as Indian vendors," the official said.
From the same article which @SELVAM posted.

Now JVPC would be a contender in it. Previously we didn't have any indigenous product to bid for, but this time we do have. So we could say that although it would be facing a tough challenge, but it is getting a ground to proove itself in market.

SELVAM

Dear they are not buying grocery for our house they are buying guns weapons that our soldiers on the border has to fight with so yes it will take its time

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/09/20/breaking-army-7-62mm-rifle-program-cancelled-icsr-no/

the forces area conservative bunch of people sir and they check and recheck bid and rebid on every system that they buy because at the end of the day they are ones deployed in Mizoram J&K and Assam not armchair people like you and me dam I miss @Ray sir here

Yeah only army knows what they want. This is the reason they fill their armour corps with Russian junks even after their junks repeatedly breakdown.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Seems like another attempt to discard the JVPC which has passed trials with flying colors

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
i'd say good strategy...

Like i mentioned in some post before, current strategy seems to be get a weapon developed in house to avoid single vendor situation. Most of recent tenders failed because of single situation.

chances of JVPC getting picked increases with this tender or JVPC will be used as a bargaining chip to reduce price on foreign maal. win-win from a procurement point of view.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I was not able to ascertain the date this document was issued. Is this the latest one?

http://tenders.gov.in/viewtenddoc.asp?tid=del569878&wno=1&td=TD
Old one. It says procurement will be carried out as per DPP-2011.
temp.png

They say in the US that starting the acquisition process for a new standard issue firearm is like opening a can of worms.

pmaitra

Old one. It says procurement will be carried out as per DPP-2011.View attachment 20797

They say in the US that starting the acquisition process for a new standard issue firearm is like opening a can of worms.
Yes, I saw that. Could it be they are re-issued the same requirement identified in 2011?

Edited to add: Sorry, I don't know what DPP is.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Yes, I saw that. Could it be they are re-issued the same requirement identified in 2011?

Edited to add: Sorry, I don't know what DPP is.
Not very sure, but even if they did use the same requirements, if they are still inviting competition based on outdated DPP rules without changing any requirement, is that not defeating the entire purpose of reissuing?

Here is what I found:
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) FOR PROCUREMENT OF SUB MACHINE GUN (1800 nos.)
Dated: May 2017.
Meant for Garuds.

Edit: DPP = Defence Procurement Policy. So its unlikely that they'll issue a RFI with provisions of DPP-2011 when DPP-2016 has already been declared and is in effect.

pmaitra

Not very sure, but even if they did use the same requirements, if they are still inviting competition based on outdated DPP rules without changing any requirement, is that not defeating the entire purpose of reissuing?

Here is what I found:
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) FOR PROCUREMENT OF SUB MACHINE GUN (1800 nos.)
Dated: May 2017.
Meant for Garuds.

Edit: DPP = Defence Procurement Policy
Ok, I think I can make a reasonable guess here.

The Defence Procurement Policy was defined in the year 2011. This RFI might as well be new. It is just that the new RFI will follow the same Defence Procurement Policy defined in 2011.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles