Mkt panic: Pakistan rupee at record low

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Why are 10,20 rupee notes not counterfeited? Coz it's too expensive to do it and well above the actual printed value.
OK, from same logic, why are the 100Rs. notes, not counterfieted now? The reason is because, why waste resource on Rs.10,20 when you can use the same resource for printing Rs. 500/-

Don't worry, the way we are going, soon we will have Rs. 50 as the smallest denomination of paper currency, and expect to see Rs. 20 and Rs. 10 coins.
Err, we already have Rs. 10 coin for regular use and we have some Rs. 20 ,50 , 100 /- coins for honourable leaders

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Don't worry, the way we are going, soon we will have Rs. 50 as the smallest denomination of paper currency, and expect to see Rs. 20 and Rs. 10 coins.
I have seen Bengalis fight for 50 paise. Small denomination will not lose value for Bongs for sure.

pmaitra

I have seen Bengalis fight for 50 paise. Small denomination will not lose value for Bongs for sure.
Perhaps a British trait - a penny saved, is a penny earned.

I too fight for a penny, i.e. won't take one paisa extra, won't give one paisa extra. The idea is not to show off to other people and brag, "meh, I don't care about a few rupees," just for me as an individual, but to keep the account even down to the last penny.

It is called discipline. ;)

ashdoc

Country flag
AFPAK is not a hyphenation but to emphasis on fact that Afghanistan is pakistan's satellite and real hyphenation is indo-pak as always.
the very pathans you claim are your satellites are descending onto your country to spread mayham as taliban , just like their ancestors did to you punjabis under admad shah abdali and his hordes .:taunt:

Sunder singh

can some one tell why currency devaluates bcos even after devaluation i am giving same amount rs . does it not hav domestic impacts

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

I too fight for a penny, i.e. won't take one paisa extra, won't give one paisa extra. The idea is not to show off to other people and brag, "meh, I don't care about a few rupees," just for me as an individual, but to keep the account even down to the last penny.

In Bangalore, if the auto meter is 28, you can forget about getting Rs. 2 in return. People do not even bother to ask as its a given. but i know of those shuttle autos in kolkata where if the charge increases from 5.5 to 6, the babu will fight tooth and nail for it even if there is a genuine hike across the board. Just saying :D

ashdoc

Country flag
In Bangalore, if the auto meter is 28, you can forget about getting Rs. 2 in return. People do not even bother to ask as its a given. but i know of those shuttle autos in kolkata where if the charge increases from 5.5 to 6, the babu will fight tooth and nail for it even if there is a genuine hike across the board. Just saying :D
what meter ??

the minute they came to know i came from mumbai the bangalore autowallahs sent the meter packing ......

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
what meter ??

the minute they came to know i came from mumbai the bangalore autowallahs sent the meter packing ......
:facepalm: welcome to the rude world of auto walas. It depends on the time of the day you land in Bangalore. When i travel around, the bus station to my house is 2 kms. The bus usually arrives at about 6 in the morning and they demand Rs.80-100 though i am a local Bangalore resident.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

I never fight for a few rupees. I do it for a reason called Peace of Mind. :cool2:

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I never fight for a rupees. I do it for a reason called Peace of Mind. :cool2:
i am sure you dont use the auto and travel in your 7 series BMW all the time.

pmaitra

If you ever visit the US, try shopping using cash. You will get change down to the last penny. The nice thing about US is that you won't have to fight for it. You will get your change that you rightfully deserve.

Drops of water make the sea. If the auto-driver does not have change with him, and he does that 500 times a month, then Rs. 2 x 500 = Rs. 1000 is his extra profit.

My experience in Mumbai has been mixed. I have seen auto-drivers actually going to stores and getting change and giving me my change back without me even asking. In some cases, they'd just say they didn't have change and that either I give them change or just not expect anything in return.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If you ever visit the US, try shopping using cash. You will get change down to the last penny. The nice thing about US is that you won't have to fight for it. You will get your change that you rightfully deserve.

Drops of water make the sea. If the auto-driver does not have change with him, and he does that 500 times a month, then Rs. 2 x 500 = Rs. 1000 is his extra profit.

My experience in Mumbai has been mixed. I have seen auto-drivers actually going to stores and getting change and giving me my change back without me even asking. In some cases, they'd just say they didn't have change and that either I give them change or just not expect anything in return.
Actually there is a great shortage of change. 1s and 2s. I face it in my business too where i have to give change to the last rupee and in fact i pay people to get change. There are these guys who go to RBI and give change for a fee. Coins of 1s and 2s and notes of 10s, 20s, 50s.

pmaitra

I never fight for a few rupees. I do it for a reason called Peace of Mind. :cool2:
Yes, sometimes it is better to move on that get into arguments, but then, I would make it a point to carry enough change with me. Sometimes, you have to just settle the transaction and move on, especially when you are short on time, like, you have an appointment and don't want to be late.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Actually there is a great shortage of change. 1s and 2s. I face it in my business too where i have to give change to the last rupee and in fact i pay people to get change. There are these guys who go to RBI and give change for a fee. Coins of 1s and 2s and notes of 10s, 20s, 50s.
I am not sure if in the western countries one gets the small coins without any fee from the banks. Technically, the banks anywhere would charge a fee for demanding currency notes in specific denomination(If anyone has information about it please share). Probably the small Indian businesses do not want to count it as one of the cost factors and hence the problem.

pmaitra

I am not sure if in the western countries one gets the small coins without any fee from the banks. Technically, the banks anywhere would charge a fee for demanding currency notes in specific denomination(If anyone has information about it please share). Probably the small Indian businesses do not want to count it as one of the cost factors and hence the problem.
In the US:
  • At many stores, you can get cash back. When getting cash back, you can specify what kind of change you want. If they have, they will give you.
  • Stores generally bank with some banks, and get rolls of coins, without any extra fee, of course.
  • If you withdraw form ATM, usually you get $20 bills, so that can cause problems sometimes.
  • If you have too much change, you can have them converted. There are two ways to do it. Go to a change converting machine, and it will take in all your coins and give you a large bill, but charge you some money for it. In some stores, it is free, provided it is pat of a transaction where you are buying something.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is money in the small coins in India.

There are shops that take a premium to give you coins against paper money.

skumar7777

The de-hypenation was only with in indian minds.world always saw india-pak hyphenated..thats your curse you cantnot escape pakistan.And with indian economy going downhill indian will found themselves same at aposition in 1992 below pakistan in GDP growth.I know it will be painful for you indians but better you people get used to now.
Questions -

1. Name the country whose people go abroad and setup restaurants calling them Delhi Durbar so that they can be falsely thought to be Indian restaurants.

2. Name one Indian whose would name his restaurant as Karachi Durbar or Lahore Durbar.

I hope the above answers your confusion. It is only a Pakistani hope to remain hypenated with India or more broadly through "South Asia".

Our curse is that we cannot escape our geography. We are learning to live with it and thanking God for the partition.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles