Miss Russia, Elmira Abdrazakova, target of racist abuse

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Well, Russians are generally islamophobic. I mean... Putim himself threatened a journalist to circumcise him in such a way that nothing will grow back.

She's beautiful. I don't understand how she can be "not Russian enough?" Crazy Russian nationalists... Russians should be embracing her as a model of how Muslim Russian women should act (and look like). She's obviously not too religious.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Well, Russians are generally islamophobic. I mean... Putim himself threatened a journalist to circumcise him in such a way that nothing will grow back.

Well Islamophobia is not really a realistic option because Islam is not going to just disappear from the face of the Earth. The trick is how to strengthen the moderate section of Muslims. By indiscriminately targeting Muslims you are also killing the solution to the problem (moderates) who will be alienated and will not have other options but to join in the radicals.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The article says she was targeted on "social media" which means the unkind comments came from other 18 year old Russian girls.:rolleyes:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
We have 400 years of living under the Tatar yoke. We have many Tatar blood.
i think one of your best president, mr brezhnev was at least 50% tartar ? infact i though he was turkmenian becos looked very similar to former turkmen prez Saparmurat Niyazov ... https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#...796,d.d2k&fp=5b92db81834097bb&biw=742&bih=491
and
Google Image Result for http://phobos.ramapo.edu/~theed/Cold_War/d_Brezhnev_Era/d_Nixon_71_72/media/BrezhnevquaBrezhnev/brezhnev_0.jpg

The article says she was targeted on "social media" which means the unkind comments came from other 18 year old Russian girls.:rolleyes:
hahahahahah

Only in the Russian language there are two different notions of «Russian»is a nationality. «Rossiyanin» - this citizenship. Putin and Medvedev have only specified their nationality.
brezhnev was mongolian-tatar and armenians claim that medvedev is one of theirs

shom

Miss Russia, Elmira Abdrazakova, becomes target of racist abuse over her ethnicity

Elmira Abdrazakova CREDIT: Miss World

Elmira Abdrazakova, Miss Russia, became a target of racial abuse for being a member of one of the country's ethnic minorities.

Elmira Abdrazakova, the winner of the Miss Russia pageant, has become a target of racist abuse as many social media users are accusing her of "not being Russian enough."

The Sun reports Abdrazakova, 18, was forced to shut down all her social media accounts after the young model began receiving numerous hateful posts criticizing her for being a member of one of the country's ethnic minorities.

Abdrazakova's father is Tartar, a Russian ethnic minority, and she was born in Kazakhstan.

Though the 18-year-old beauty queen is puzzled by the hatred she's been getting for her origins, she understands that the mean comments don't reflect badly on her, but on the people who write them.

In the end, Abdrazakova expects this experience will inspire other girls to grow, develop and work hard.

Abdrazakova will be representing Russia at the 2013 Miss World pageant which will take place on September 28 in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Read more: Miss Russia haters: Elmira Abdrazakova becomes target of racist abuse over her ethnicity - UPI.com

[HR][/HR]

She looks more Indian, to be honest. Many people from Southern Russia, especially the Caucasus and the -Stans, actually do.

Question: Will incidents like this alienate the minorities in the Russian Federation?

@Akim, @Lubov, @Lidsky M.D, @KuleshovOleg, @W.G.Ewald, @asianobserve
Grow up 1st world,,,, we follow you,,, but unfortunately we are better than you people I presume,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles