Miscarriage of Justice to Col. Purohit

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by jackprince, Mar 27, 2015.

1. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Lt. Col. Purohit's letter to PM Modi

Malegaon blast accused Lt Col Shrikant Purohit writes to Narendra Modi; seeks justice - timesofindia-economictimes

What's NDA doing? Why there's no investigation against the high ranking officers who have been systematically trying to cull dedicated officers like Col. Purohit and those officers in the Intelligence group set up by Gen. V.K. Singh?

Even after a direct leter to Modi, Col. Purohit has been forgoten? Even the goons in khaki that tortured Sadhvi Pragya haven't been brought to justice till date?

Show some spine, we have elected you to show the spine from the early on - not wait till the kingdom come.

raja696 and maomao like this.
  3. archie

archie Regular Member

Its a political mine field... if they release him publicly they will not win amny states.. Right now Modi Govt needs majority in rajyashaba till then no radical moves that will rock the boat too much.

I Expect him to start massive changes once Rajyasabha softens

Political mine field i mean:
    Interferance in Investigation and that crap
    Congi will pounce if something happens

maomao and sydsnyper like this.
  4. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

Totally Agree !!!

5. jackprince

Rajyasabha majority? Please explain how can it affect Rajyasabha majority or win or loss in Bihar or Assam election for the matter? The CBI have FAILED to form a chargesheet in 6 years and 5 of them during UPA which translates being lack of evidence. Govt. should at least expediate submission of chargesheet if they have anything against him. All the BJP as a party has to do is publicise it and explain it in broad details how the then Govt. framed Col. Purohit to paint hindus as terrorists and you woill win the two elections more easily. But the you might have a point, as the current spokespersons of BJP are incompetents to say the least. Sambit Patra when confronted acts like a deer in the headlight!!!!

Anyway, if for some political secular mileage this Govt. is dithering to do justice to the loyal sons of India, it is even worse than UPA, as it promised change. Can you even imagine what goes through these bravehearts' minds and what goes through the minds of the people who might step up to meet the challenges? How can you expect more officers to risk their lives when your own govt. wouldn't stand by them - even NDA govt.?

6. archie

archie Regular Member

Bihar / UP elections are very close and are crucial for getting MLA's who will elect Rajyashaba MP's which will pave way for majority when Existing MP's resign . The Vote share of these states in many districts is majortiy "minority community" or will vote Enn mass what the local mosqe/ mufti says .. The so called Hindu secularist "modern" are so afraid they will be called "hardline" that if such a issue comes up will side the other way..

You saw the current budget session .. Congi stopping everything for no reason "Police constable asking a form by Buddu(Raul)" .

Its better to be careful to what name will be called rather than fire fighing some rumors that opposiotion will start.. Once Majority is reached .. Im sure Even italian lady will go to jail..courtsy national herald case

7. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

Well then why dont you give a guarantee that it will not be misconstrued in the national and international media by our super seculars, that it will not be used as a ruse to fire up youths to take up jihad or the NGOs and teestas of the world will not go about using it as an example of how muslims are trampled in India.....

Running a nation, is different from bravado in an internet forum...... like someone said, if you have six hours to chop down a tree, spend four sharpening the axe... in this case creating enough public opinion before raking up the matter.

8. jackprince

Oh, realpolitik? Good one. Sacrifice innocent and loyal sons of India on the altar of realpolitik, and then say we bring change. And frankly, who am I to give such guarantee, particularly since I have enough wit to understand that the super seculars, as you call them, would take up this issue or another anyway to the obviously hostile international media and put negative pictures and spread propaganda. And the youth you are so concerned about turning into Jihadis, will turn into jihadis anyway. If this simple fact you have not understood by now, I am helpless.

I just wonder if you would be saying the same thing if your brother were in the cage right now without a charge-sheet in last 6 years? Or may be yourself?

The people who doesn't understand the pain of others and plays realpolitik, are the worst of the kind and would fit into congoons club pretty nicely. I hope BJP would be different, else guess what, at least I won't support it. I guess one single vote doesn't matter to 10 crore party, but it would make me feel good at least.

raja696 and Vishwarupa like this.
  9. jackprince

hmmm... guess what is the name that BJP has been getting called for last 2-3 decades - communal Hindu nationalist party. Do you think those muslim majority districts would vote for BJP for any reason at all? If you do, you are delusional. They will always hang a carrot of show of supporting BJP, when they will press the button that will not show a lotus. But, appease away. Those who already support BJP, will not go away because a innocent man - a Colonel no less and who have been vouched by the Army brass themselves to be working undercover - is released. Only BJP has to put forth the truth and stick to it when every one tries to spin it. But I guess it is beyond the ability of BJP spokies to even stand fast by the truth too?

raja696 and Vishwarupa like this.
  10. dastan

dastan Regular Member

It's really unfortunate the col has been denied justice all this time. But one has to remember how the blame of recent acquittals by court even those granted bail were squarely put on BJP by both liberals and media.

11. Spindrift

Spindrift Regular Member

Not necessarily, what they (BJP) can do is finance his legal defense. They can hire a couple of good lawyers and get his release on bail and once he is released wait for some time and then work in the background and get the case against him quashed.

raja696 likes this.
  12. archie

archie Regular Member

Its not about the hiring.. Im sure the best laywers are avalable to Him.. Congi will be waiting to jump if they get to see him get Bail.. in any case to Get bail or not is upto the judiciary and not the Govt But Congi will rase hue and Cry saying Govt is interfearing..

The fight is not for the minority votes.. its for the so called Secularist who love trasing their own culture to be seen secular.... Its the fight of stigma that a normal majority voter will not want to be associated with.
    Its not about applesment .. Its avoiding giving any oppurtunity for Congi or any opposition to brand them with some lies..

13. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

Supreme Court opens door for Pragnya, Purohit bail in Malegaon blast case

The Supreme Court on Wednesday expressed prima facie doubts about charging Malegaon blasts accused Sadhvi Pragnya Singh Thakur, Lt. Col S. Purohit under the draconian MCOCA and opened the doors for the Special Court to consider their bail.

A bench of Justices Ibrahim Kalifulla and Shiva Kirti Singh said there is no "reliable material" to prima facie show that the duo along with four other accused were criminally liable under provisions of MCOCA.

"Their applications for bail can be considered for bail by the Special Judge... there is considerable doubt about their involvement," the court observed in the judgment.

The trial court has been asked to consider their bail applications within a span of a month.

However, the judgment found prima facie material against Rakesh Dawde, another accused in the blast case, justifying his involvement in offences under MCOCA. IT aaid prima facie material on record showed evidence of his "unlawful activity" linking him to Malegaon, Parbhani, Jalna blasts.

The judgment said material show prima facie his "direct involvement".

It said allegations against Mr. Dhawde included "nexus with organised crimes", "direct involvement in the Malegaon blasts". Since the charges against him under MCOCA cannot be revoked at this stage, there is no scope for bail for him, the court observed.The judgment was on the bail applications made by seven accused in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case.

The court ordered the trial court to complete the trial expeditiously.

The High Court had ordered that Pragnya and ten other accused in the Malegaon bomb blast case will face trial under MCOCA (Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act) and had quashed the decision of the Special Court which had dropped the charges under the special law.

The trial of the case will take place at a special MCOCA court. The accused are currently lodged in Nasik Central Prison.

Seven people were killed in a bomb blast on September 29, 2008, at Malegaon, a communally—sensitive textile town in Nasik district of North Maharashtra.

The probe into the blast has brought into focus some right-wing Hindu groups.

A Special MCOCA court on July 31 last year had ruled that Anti Terrorist Squad had wrongly applied MCOCA in the case against Pragnya, Purohit and nine others.

The 4,000-page chargesheet had alleged that Malegaon was selected as the blast target because Muslims form sizeable part of its population.

It named Pragnya Thakur, Purohit and another accused Swami Dayanand Pandey as the key conspirators.

The chargesheet had further alleged it was Pandey who had instructed Purohit to arrange for RDX while Pragnya owned the motorcycle used in the blast.

Ajay Rahirkar, another accused, allegedly organised funds for the terror act while conspiracy meetings were held at Bhonsala Military School in Nasik.

Rakesh Dhawde, Ramesh Upadhyay, Shyamlal Sahu, Shivnarain Kalsangra, Sudhakar Chaturvedi, Jagdish Mhatre and Sameer Kulkarni were the other seven accused.

Supreme Court opens door for Pragnya, Purohit bail in Malegaon blast case - The Hindu

jackprince likes this.
  14. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

Malegaon blast case: No evidence against Lt Col Purohit and 10 others, rules SC

In a big relief for Lt Col Prasad Shrikant Purohit, Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur and others in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, the Supreme Court on Wednesday said that there was no evidence to charge them under MCOCA at this stage and their bail could hence be examined on merit by a trial court.
    The order to consider their bail expeditiously came six and half years after the military intelligence officer and others were arrested and jailed in connection with the blast case
    A bench of Justices FMI Kalifulla and Abhay Manohar Sapre said there was no concrete evidence to show their involvement in any other criminal case and the trial court should decide their bail plea on merit, preferably within one month.
    It said that there was “considerable doubt” about the involvement of six accused, including Purohit and Pragya, in Malegaon blasts and that the trial court ought to hear their bail plea afresh.
    It said MCOCA was applicable only against one of the accused, Rakesh Dhawde, who was chargehseeted in two other cases as well.
    The bench was hearing an appeal by the accused against invocation of the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) in the case.
    MCOCA was restored in the case by the Bombay High Court in 2010 after a sessions court had revoked it. The prosecution has claimed that Pragya, Purohit and nine others were part of an organised crime syndicate and their involvement in at least two more cases prompted invocation of MCOCA.
    The accused have however denied any involvement in the blast at Maharashtra’s Malegaon in September 2008 that killed six persons and injured several others.
    They have also refuted being co-conspirators in any organised crime syndicate.
    Purohit has already got bail in two cases under the Arms Act, but was denied interim bail in this case by the top court in 2012.
    In his bail plea, Purohit claimed that he was a military intelligence officer who had succeeded in infiltrating several militant Muslim organisations such as the Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), which is proscribed, and that he was “falsely implicated” in the case by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) for “political reasons”.
    He sought bail on the ground that no chargesheet had been filed yet by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and hence, any trial would take several years. “He is a well-decorated officer in the Indian army.
    However, NIA disputes this version and has previously opposed bail for him. NIA, which has taken over the probe from ATS, is yet to complete it because of a top court stay on interrogating Purohit under the MCOCA.
    The agency claimed he did not keep his superiors in the loop about his activities related to the Abhinav Bharat Trust.
    The NIA contended that Purohit floated the trust with the objective of seeking revenge against Muslims in retaliation against terrorist attacks by banned Islamist outfits and eventually setting up a Hindu Rashtra by the name of Aryawart in India.

Malegaon blast case: No evidence against Lt Col Purohit and 10 others, rules SC | The Indian Express | Page 2

At last Sathyameva Jayathe but after lot of damage.

jackprince, Abhijat and vikas_g like this.
  15. Ancient Indian

Ancient Indian Unplugged Version Senior Member

Sorry sir, you have only one vote.

If I go by your words, I may not even retain deposit.

The hindhu people of this country don't have the steel in them to take bold decisions. Majority of them won't vote for BJP if it goes on full throttle.

That matters in the end.

16. jackprince

Oh, BJP is not going to retain deposit in most of the constituencies in WB anyway. It had got an opening, but have squandered away by now. left and right taking in opportunists who have joined them seeing a greener pasture, not being able to find a face for probable CM candidate or what not. It just doesn't have anything of value to offer - and yes, not even hindutva. at this time turning on the heat on muslim appeasement by the current regime would have done good, but for that the centre would not permit them. So, what kind of alternative BJP would present? People who oppose TMC, would vote for Lefts now - at least that team as more faces people know and can rely on.

17. Ancient Indian

Lets blame each other because no one making any progress.

How many of your bengalis joined RSS recently?

With out that, there won't be any progress in you state.

18. jackprince

Well, lets think it this way. How many of Bengalis could RSS convince to join them, despite having its origin in Bengal? What could be the fundamental flaw?

I say, media shyness in today's time and lack of effort to propagate in earlier times - is THE FLAW of RSS. Everyone vilified it, and it kept quiet. Why? In the world of politics (yes, politics, you may deny it but you have to play it), keeping quiet is akin to committing suicide. You cannot just wish people to understand your innate qualities.

Heck, in my younger days I haven't heard of RSS but for Babri demolition case. I still don't know if there is any sakha in my vicinity. Even when grown up I first read that RSS has a bengali as its founder, I was dumb-founded. For long long time, I had a picture of communal villainous picture of RSS in my mind. What has RSS done, actively, to belie that belief in common bengalis' mind? I have read and I have learnt, 'coz I had interest. How many common folk do have that inclination?

Vishwarupa likes this.
  19. Ancient Indian

It is not possible to reply to this kind of post.

PM me your current location, if you are in Andhra. I will meet you offline.

20. archie

archie Regular Member

Silent waters Run Deep . Modi was silent when there was mudslinging all over for a full decade. His silence and resilence payed off.. if you Expect An press meet for every small allegation people lose intrest and there is no meaning for your press meet .. Rumors will die a natural death when left alone... Power of action rather than press meets is the diffrence and any political party is afraid of it. I have heard quite a lot of it from friends who attended

21. Ancient Indian

Atlast I reached some kind of nuetral ground.

What I am trying to say is that if you want good BJP in your state, you have to join RSS.

RSS don't go into whole political things even if it looks like some kind of master body of the whole set up.

Trust me my friend, sangh won't do politics. I never met any politician during our regular activities or any other thing. The BJP people some times comes as guests to watch our programms.
    But these politicians listen to our elders not because of the sangh's power. It is like the old times where the villege elder had some kind of power over the people in the villiage.

Don't think about the immidiate results. Now join Sangh and make it expand all over your state. Then you will have much more powerful CM than Modiji for your state.

I don't know why I am not able to give good reply. Some how it is becoming kind of very hard for me to tell things about sangh.