Ministry of Defence has approved the procurement of P-8I Training Solution

Hindustani78

Ministry of Defence
04 -January, 2018 05:42IST
Raksha Mantri clears Rs 1949.32 crore. worth contracts for Navy

The P-8I Training Solution, along with 10-year comprehensive maintenance service, will be brought from M/s Boeing for Rs 1949.32 crore. This training solution accurately simulates P-8I aircraft and mission systems. It will help Indian Navy train and realistically rehearse for sophisticated missions involving P-8I aircraft, at a fraction of the cost of live aircraft training.

The first P-8I aircraft was inducted in Indian Navy in 2013 and as of date, eight aircraft, based at INS Rajali, have been fully integrated into Indian Naval operations. In 2016, the MoD placed a follow-on order for four additional P-8I, the delivery of which will begin in 2020.

The P-8I aircraft is equipped for long range anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance in support of broad area, maritime and littoral operations. Its communication and sensor suite includes indigenous equipment developed by defence PSUs and private manufacturers. The aircraft is capable of thrusting a punitive response and maintaining a watch over India's immediate and extended areas of interest.

On the simulation-based training solution for the Navy's P8l anti-submarine warfare aircraft, the ministry said, "The training solution accurately simulates P-8I aircraft and mission systems."

It will help Indian Navy train and realistically rehearse for sophisticated missions involving P-8I aircraft, at a fraction of the cost of live aircraft training, the ministry said.

The first P-8I aircraft, manufactured by Boeing, was inducted in the Indian Navy in 2013 and and at present, eight P 8I aircraft have been fully integrated into Indian naval operations.

In 2016, the defence ministry had placed a follow-up order for four additional P-8I, the delivery of which will begin in 2020.

The P-8I aircraft are equipped with long range anti- submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare as well as surveillance and reconnaissance.

Officials said the aircraft is capable of thrusting a punitive response and maintaining a watch over India's immediate and extended areas of interest.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles