Minister Smriti Irani's Fiery Speech in Parliament is Talk of the Town

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by vikas_g, Apr 28, 2015.

1. vikas_g

vikas_g Regular Member

Minister Smriti Irani's Fiery Speech in Parliament is Talk of the Town

3. vikas_g

vikas_g Regular Member

Re: Minister Smriti Irani's Fiery Speech in Parliament is Talk of the

@jackprince

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  4. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

5. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Man, she talks so much without any logic.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
  6. NSG_Blackcats

NSG_Blackcats Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009 Senior Member

What part of the reply to motion for grants for HRD looks illogical to you?

1. Scraping of 4 year degree programme
    2. Starting an international campus of IIT outside India violating the IIT act of parliament
    3. Reply to the claim of under utilization of funds during NDA govt in past 10 months
    4. Reply to allegation of Saffornisation of ICHR, where as many members of ICHR were appointed by UPA

etc...etc..

parijataka and jackprince like this.
  7. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

1 and 4. I could not go through the whole video.

8. Rowdy

Rowdy Co ja kurwa czytam! Senior Member

[​IMG]

jackprince likes this.
  9. NSG_Blackcats

If you feel that scraping the 4 year degree programme was wrong than I guess you have no idea about why it was done and why it was scraped.

Do you know who all are the members of ICHR? You have not gone through the video and gone to conclusion. I guess your conclusion might be drawn out of personal linking or disliking rather than on facts.

jackprince and maomao like this.
  10. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Whatever be the reason. I see constant meddling of government in education institutes. How does the reply that students with DU degree will walk around without being recognized make sense? I know the politics behind it.

She claimed all these guys were chosen by Congress regime at different points of time. I am all ears for saffronisation, but that is the worst defence. She needs to defend saffronisation more rigorously else it would go down the same useless path as under ABV regime.

11. rockey 71

rockey 71 Regular Member

This lady surely is explosive.

12. NSG_Blackcats

Whatever be the reason? You are providing 4 years degree program without the consent of President of India. So these 4 years degree program is illegal and the certificate provided will be of no use. So you believe student receive those fake degrees with a big smile??

The problem is you did not get what she was talking about that why it looks illogical to you. Fare enough.

jackprince likes this.
  13. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Wow one aggressive lady.

Countered punch for punch and then gave one more.

jackprince likes this.
  14. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

So you can just ask the President to give the consent. What is the big deal? I do not get this idea of President being the Chancellor of all universities in India. Even IIM does not give degree btw, so according to your logic all those guys with fake MBAs do not have any smile.

I fully understood it. She is trying to defend her position based on credentials of individuals and not on the basis of idea whose time has come.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  15. hit&run

Every time they did they lost, I found this approach better.

Defending the so called safforonization is not a one day or fives years task, the demage these hinduphobic Marxist historians have done is massive with narrow chances of recovery.

Coming out in open is a suicide mission and without being in power for long term no sustainable change could be brought about.

It is not a fight against powerful vested interests but against time and they need more time to hang on.

I am sorry to say your assertion is simplistic; ABV never had the strong mandate so his approach was justifiable and every time when there was some effort it cracked from many sides before floating on its own weight.

This time there is method in the madness.

parijataka and mikhail like this.
  16. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

I am not sure I see any method at least on the education front. The anti-Hindu clauses in the free spread of education is the first thing to check but I do not see anything on that front nor on discriminatory RTE.

ABV was a sucker when it came to changing historical narrative. They could have easily funded new chairs and purged the JNU mafia. But they tried to be secular and at the same time tried to pacify RSS. Sadly RSS do not have much intellectual power to change the narrative. All they can think about is flying planes in Vedic era. Too simplistic and difficult to defend.

And even now the government is too scared to open up the field of higher education to private institutions. Even if they go out of power, with new private funded institutions they can easily influence the future generations through their own money. Keeping higher education strictly under govt. control will leave no hope for future Hindu scholars and they would be persecuted by so called Marxists as soon as a favourable govt. comes at centre.

17. NSG_Blackcats

You wake up one morning and ask president to sign an illegal piece of paper? Does the four year program met the parameters set by HRD ministry?(which was passed by parliament of this country)

IIMs have build up their reputation in last 30 odd years. IIMs are not providing any degree because they are neither affiliated to any university or AICTE. All universities affiliated to UGC and affiliated to AICTE have to follow the rules.

Central universities are created under act of parliament and IITs and IIMs have different acts too. DU is a central university and have to follow the rule laid out by Indian Parliament.

Any institute or university can write on their prospectus that they are not affiliated to UGC, AICTE and they will not provide any certificate. Lets see how many students enroll in those courses.

I find her logic perfectly fine. But logic is a variable things , so you may be right in your own logic :namaste:

parijataka and jackprince like this.
  18. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

it is shameful that even a guy like you would say something in the same breath 'I could not go through all the video' and 'she is illogical'.

Either you have heard her through and then come to conclusion that she is illogical or you have not and you dont know whther she had been logical or not.

There is a whole thread dedicated to DU fiasco in this very forum which would enlighten you about so called greater benefits of the 4year course. A few highlights :
    1. Was not approved by president hence illegal.
    2. Additional course subjects include basic math, english etc. Which as held by the most of the stydents is illogical being a reason for an additional year of studies.
    3. The Govt is responsible for maintaining standard and period for courses throughout the country same. One university suddenly cannot wake up on a sunny day and decide to be otherwise. And more importantly one bunch of elitist educationists suddenly cannot or shouldnt be allowed to jeopardise thousands of stydents lives on dubious decision without consent from the president or the govt. - the people who can legalise or otherwise the very degree. And asking them postfacto is akin holding a gun of future of thousands - a blackmail no govt in their right minds would ever succumb.

Ms.Irani told a shloka in her speech Vidiyam Dadati Vinayam. It is a simple vinay or courtesy to hear someone out and learn all the facts before passing judgment. As a fellow member you are the one of the few I hold in high regard for their though process and level approach and therefore I urge you please do read up before coming to a conclusion.

19. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

She missed the important chance of debate in this country on how universities and accreditation system should work. Also, it completely killed the chance to grant autonomy to universities. If you cite current laws, then things can be classified legal/illegal but that completely hides the flaws of the system. Not allowing DU 4 degree program needs more explanatory reasons than citation of current exploitative laws wielded by UGC and other govt. agencies.

That is the reason I find her explanation too simple and hopeless. Most govt. inspectors cite the same laws to harass new institutions and perpetuate academic mediocrity.

20. hit&run

I think we all here at DFI talk in thin air when we show our concern on such Issues. I may look changing the goal post but it is the fundamental question before addressing any other or getting worked up with those Marxist morons who can be kicked out in no time.

Let assume there is a massive change in guard of these organizations as per our desires. But pray tell me where is the material your are going to carter to the students so that they can start learning the true history of India or unadultrate perspectives on philosophy, metaphysics, etc.

I always put myself in the situation of policy makers presently in power. I can see a method there and can see their constrains as well.

The so called Hindu narrative lack academic material, literary culture, research, good books, authentic references, scientific scrutiny, quantity and quality, more authors, more literary discussions, think tanks, more money, not so attractive, can't sustain itself because of less number of participation, no massive network, international presence, before it can really materialized to change the psych of our upcoming generation and they way we should look into as civilization continuity.

By lack of material I doesn't mean there is less material but it has to be better compiled consolidated and presentable.

Rest of the discussion is futile for me, period.

I think even in a capacity of small bloggers if we can help identify good academic work doing justice to this narrative, that will be better service than deliberating on partisan politics.

Trust me once we be able to establish this narrative as a faculty or a course studied in schools and collages the all other impediments will become ineffectual. The same Rahul Gandhi will be looking to re- hyphenate himself with the same.

I hope I am making sense with my below average vocabulary.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  21. NSG_Blackcats

That is why I told, you did not get what she was talking about. The discussion was about grants for HRD ministry. Anyway .. I cannot answer for your hopelessness!!