MIM to contest outside Andhra Pradesh too: Akbaruddin Owaisi

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by trackwhack, Aug 18, 2013.

1. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

MIM to contest outside Andhra Pradesh too: Akbaruddin Owaisi

This will be great news for Modi and BJP. I really hope they do what they plan.

All the BJP needs to win in UP is a split of the Muslim votes that are now with Mulayam. Muslims are 17% of voters and even if MIM gets 3%, SP will get hammerred.

On the other hand, BJP does not get Muslim votes and has nothing to lose. The same theory can be extended to all states where Muslim votes are played by politicians. This apart a semi lunatic like Owaisi can only bring more fringe Hindu votes to BJP.

The stink in the Indian political shithole just got nastier.

3. Decklander

Decklander New Member

BJP gets a very large number of Shia votes who have been with Hindus after the third battle of Panipat. It is for this reason that Lucknow is a stronghold of BJP. Nearly 25-30% of Indian Muslims are Shias/Ahmadies/ barelvies/Khojas etc and rest are sunnis.

angeldude13 likes this.
  4. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Even if MIM contest outside Andhra Pradesh even in UP i donot think they would get much votes.there is aleadry one party in UP . i think it goes by name PDP. they contested recent assembly election but didn`t get too much.They had all talked all good but did nt get much votes.I think MIM was taking of Divided andhra pradesh.

On side i want to ask one question does people rewards those parties that make hard stand rousing /abusive as their poll startegy .eg MNS they had geting vote on this pattern only.while those parties who takes soft stand donot get too much

5. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

I would not concur. Atmost 25-30% of Indian Muslims are "non-Barelvi" Sunnis, rest are Barelvis, Shias, Sufis etc.

Khoja, Ismaili, Ahmedi etc. numbers are too miniscule.

Neil likes this.
  6. Decklander

Decklander New Member

You guys are forgetting one major reason as to why these regional parties go outside their area of influence. The party head takes bribes to give party tickets so its a huge money spinner for the biz of politics and whatever votes are polled on their symbol helps them take the status of a national party

7. Decklander

Decklander New Member

I did not get you? Do you mean to say that sunnis are just 25-30% and rest are non Sunni muslims?
    if that is what you mean, than I am sorry to say sir that It is actually the other way round.

8. Singh

Barelvis are considered Sunnis, and they are the most numerous of any muslim community in India. Deobandis/Wahabbis/Ahl-e-Hadees/Tablighi/Salafi etc Sunnis are lesser in numbers than Barelvi Sunnis.

9. Decklander

Decklander New Member

Since you are correct, I need to revise my post to say that Barelvis are excluded from pro Hindu Muslim sects.
    In third battle of Panipat, which became a muslim vs Hindu battle due to carefull planning by Abdali who brought in even The Rohilla Pathans to his side, The Shia Nawab of Awadh who was one of the richest man at that time in North India, decided to support Abdali. It was the finances and food grain support provided by him which changed the order of Battle and battlelines completely. he was a reluctant partner as he was advised by his own people to support Marathas to eliminate Sunnis from India forever and have only Shia muslims in India just like Iran.
    His decision to go with Abdali cost him dearly as the Sunni muslims after defeating Marathas went after Shias. It was only after 1771, when Marathas had regained North India, that Shia Nawab returned back to Hindus and accepted his mistake. since then, all non Sunnis have been with Hindus in India.

angeldude13, Singh and boris like this.
  10. pankaj nema

pankaj nema Senior Member Senior Member

This is just political posturing by the MIM

Congress will be routed in Andhra assembly elections

So they want to strike a deal with them in Andhra

In return they ie MIM will graciously
    agree to help the Congress in defeating the Communal forces

Decklander likes this.
  11. dealwithit

dealwithit Regular Member

How MIM won many seats in Hyderabad .. It is all because of YSR.. He reorganized all the constituencies that are good for congress and MIM..

Decklander likes this.
  12. Singh

MIM just sends one MP to the LS. Constituencies are reorganized periodically and that's the job of Election Commission afaik.

13. pankaj nema

This posturing is being done by MIM to get more ASSEMBLY seats for the MIM

MIM will be happy with its ONE Lok Sabha seat

They want more assembly seats so they are threatening to hurt Congress in Lok Sabha elections

Quid pro Quo

14. pankaj nema

After independence Lok Sabha constituencies have been reorganised ONLY once

It is done after a Constitutional Amendment

The Election Commission carries out the process which is known as Delimitation

The boundaries of the constituencies are redrawn according to the Changes in Population

15. kseeker

kseeker Retired

Hard to believe this story ! When it comes to Hindu - Muslim conflicts, Shia + Sunni = Muslims , they are united.

16. Shirman

Shirman Regular Member

After Reading this thread this MEMBER HAS REQUESTED THE @MODS AT DFI TO PERMINENTLY BAN THIS MEMBERS ACCOUNT HERE AT DFI.......AND HAVE WILLFULLY ASKED FOR SELF BAN