Military Pipe Bands

aboode

I understand that there are many Pipe Bands in the Indian Armed Forces, with most infantry regiments having a Pipe Band in each battalion. I am compiling a list of Pipe Majors of military Pipes & Drums worldwide and have at the moment details of around 1700 Pipe Majors. Unfortunately I have no information about Pipe Majors in India. Can anyone help me please? Thanks.
Aad Boode, Scotland

indian_sukhoi

aboode

See my post earlier today. Ideally what I would like to know for each Pipe Major is (if available):
- Last name and full first/middle names
- Year from-to as P/M (incl. regiment and battalion)
- Year and place of birth.
Thanks

Jeremy Murray

Hi,
Interestingly im in Edinburgh too, but was born in Lahore. Upon asking my father he told me that his grandfather (My GGF) was a drum major in the british indian army in Bengal in the 1890's i suppose. His name was Michael Murray..Do you have a record of the Drum Majors in that time period??
Regards

aboode

Hi Jeremy,
I do not have any information about Drum Majors, but will see what I can find about your great grandfather. Do you have any other information about him, such as regiment in which he served?
Aad

Samad

Dear Sir
We are army bagpipe and musical Co leading manufacturer since 1980 and now we have started supplying this items across all over india
If you have any queries about the bagpipes, marching drum, Major stick, begul and all item.
Then you can contact us on [email protected]
Or mobile no-8439860785

Samad

As I said earlier we are manufacturer of bagpipe so our products are tailore made products as per customer requirements so you can come to meerut and see our manufacturing units

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles