Military of Finland

Voldemort

Country flag

Yeah terrified. But that was 75 years ago.
We too had incidents where 100 of our men beat the crap out out of several thousand Pakis with tanks but we dont tell that to people everyday.

jouni

Yeah terrified. But that was 75 years ago.
We too had incidents where 100 of our men beat the crap out out of several thousand Pakis with tanks but we dont tell that to people everyday.
Yes, that is good. You are righteous people who do not want to humiliate your old enemy. Gandhi maybe still guides your actions with his wisdom and noble spirit.

jouni

New FiAF doctrine: fighters are totally independent from fixed bases. They use common roads instead. First in the world I guess. India can only dream of this. @pmaitra

apple

New FiAF doctrine: fighters are totally independent from fixed bases. They use common roads instead. First in the world I guess. India can only dream of this. @pmaitra
Is the location of those bases "a secret". Think I've been driving down that runway. Is Vieremä in Etelä-Pohjanmaa? Guess there's more than one emergency runway...

jouni

Is the location of those bases "a secret". Think I've been driving down that runway. Is Vieremä in Etelä-Pohjanmaa? Guess there's more than one emergency runway...
In practises they use dedicated emergency landing road strips. In real thing they use just normal roads and constantly move. They even have arresting cables like in air craft carriers, so the roads they use can be with short straights. Pretty ingenious system....in peace time Hornets are stored in bed rock caves.

Last edited:

Gabriel92

Country flag
Just like Netherlands made one of their last tank battalion part of german army...that is the whole idea of EU...@gadeshi, @Akim, @pmaitra
We also have a brigade with the Germans. The most useless brigade of our army,but well,it is there,that's a good step to have a greater cooperation with other european countries.
As for Netherlands,they are so stupid,they had something like +400 of modern versions of the Leopard2,sold most of them and now they only have 15 of them ! They thought it was a bad idea,but too late.....
At least it did benefit Finland ! 100 Leo 2A6 for a good price..

jouni

We also have a brigade with the Germans. The most useless brigade of our army,but well,it is there,that's a good step to have a greater cooperation with other european countries.
As for Netherlands,they are so stupid,they had something like +400 of modern versions of the Leopard2,sold most of them and now they only have 15 of them ! They thought it was a bad idea,but too late.....
At least it did benefit Finland ! 100 Leo 2A6 for a good price..
We love it we have 250 Leo 2A4 &A6....compare that to '44 when we had 20 trophy T34s and 40 Pzkw IIIs and IVs....

jouni

Do you plan to modernize or replace the 2A4s ?
I dont know, propably not. What we have is enough to any current Russian threat. We just bought 2000 new NLAWs. We have enough. Enough to keep them out and look for softer targets...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles