Military of Finland

jouni

What's the new govt planning ? I heard they would increase defence spending...
They bought NLAWs for fifty million and denied speaker of DUMA access to Finland for starters...

Hari Sud

Country flag
When did the Finish Army fire their so called guns in anger at any of their enemies.

Do they have enemies, medieval period aside, after the German occupation in WW2.

I believe they simply surrendered when the Germans came and later when Soviets breathed down their neck.

So what is their in Finish Army to learn about?

Explain that first and then try to sell your brand of equipment in Indian market.

jouni

When did the Finish Army fire their so called guns in anger at any of their enemies.

Do they have enemies, medieval period aside, after the German occupation in WW2.

I believe they simply surrendered when the Germans came and later when Soviets breathed down their neck.

Explain that first and then try to sell your brand of equipment in Indian market.
LOL...I guess the ones sourcing for Indian Army got a little bit better knowledge of military history than you. No offense.

Hari Sud

Country flag
I asked you a direct question, you failed to answer.

What has the people sourcing for Indian Army got to do with me asking you to let the this forum know - what makes Finish military hardware any better. Has it been used by Finland for any purpose other than display and or for printing glossy brochures for sales pitch.

LOL...I guess the ones sourcing for Indian Army got a little bit better knowledge of military history than you. No offense.

jouni

What has the people sourcing for Indian Army got to do with me asking you to let the this forum know - what makes Finish military hardware any better. Has it been used by Finland for any purpose other than display and or for printing glossy brochures for sales pitch.
If we are talking about high tech ( not vehicles etc ), We mainly export key parts to missiles etc through deals with Israel. Whenever there explodes Israeli missile our parts are in there.

Contrary to the heavily-hyped image according to which the policy output of Finland is even-handed and neutral in the Israel/Palestine conflict, Finland is actually a major arms trading partner with Israel. Recent reports by the Committee of 100 in Finland, Amnesty International, as well as an article in Finland’s biggest newspaper, Helsingin Sanomat, all revealed Finland’s deeply troubling attitude towards the actions of the State of Israel.

Since 2002 the value of trade between Finland and Israel in anti-tank guided missiles has been more than 4 million euros. After numerous queries Finland’s Ministry of Defense admitted that Finnish corporation Insta DefSec Inc. had subcontracted this material to Rafael Advanced Defence Systems, a major Israeli weapons manufacturer with ties to Israel’s nuclear programs. Insta has exported more than 200 thermographic cameras and 3,000 parts for the missile’s seeker head, both crucial components of the Spike anti-tank missile (Jarmo Pykälä, “Panssarintorjuntaohjusten osia ydinaseyhtiölle,” Kansan uutiset, 9 April 2009).

These dealings made Finland the second largest provider of missile technology to Israel, playing second fiddle only to the United States. Finland is also Israel’s ninth most important supplier of arms and ammunitions, according to Amnesty International. Besides these exports, Finland purchased medium-range missiles from Rafael in 2000 and 2001 for a value of more than 37 million euros. Amnesty International also reports that Patria, a Finnish military contractor, has done service work and tests with Elbit Systems, one of Israel’s biggest military manufacturers. Finnish Defence Forces has also purchased electronics from Israel for at least $21 million since the year 2000 (“Missä soditaan suomalaisilla aseilla,” Suomen Sadankomitea ry, 2009 [PDF]). While there is no direct evidence that Finnish military exports are used by the Israeli army itself, Finland is a major trading partner with companies such as Rafael Advanced Defence Systems and Elbit Systems. These military technology giants, for their part, are at the very core of the illegalities carried out by the Israeli political-military establishment.

https://electronicintifada.net/content/finnish-israeli-arms-trade-flouts-eu-regulations/8259[/PDF]

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
If we are talking about high tech ( not vehicles etc ), We mainly export key parts to missiles etc through deals with Israel. Whenever there explodes Israeli missile our parts are in there.

Contrary to the heavily-hyped image according to which the policy output of Finland is even-handed and neutral in the Israel/Palestine conflict, Finland is actually a major arms trading partner with Israel. Recent reports by the Committee of 100 in Finland, Amnesty International, as well as an article in Finland’s biggest newspaper, Helsingin Sanomat, all revealed Finland’s deeply troubling attitude towards the actions of the State of Israel.

Since 2002 the value of trade between Finland and Israel in anti-tank guided missiles has been more than 4 million euros. After numerous queries Finland’s Ministry of Defense admitted that Finnish corporation Insta DefSec Inc. had subcontracted this material to Rafael Advanced Defence Systems, a major Israeli weapons manufacturer with ties to Israel’s nuclear programs. Insta has exported more than 200 thermographic cameras and 3,000 parts for the missile’s seeker head, both crucial components of the Spike anti-tank missile (Jarmo Pykälä, “Panssarintorjuntaohjusten osia ydinaseyhtiölle,” Kansan uutiset, 9 April 2009).

These dealings made Finland the second largest provider of missile technology to Israel, playing second fiddle only to the United States. Finland is also Israel’s ninth most important supplier of arms and ammunitions, according to Amnesty International. Besides these exports, Finland purchased medium-range missiles from Rafael in 2000 and 2001 for a value of more than 37 million euros. Amnesty International also reports that Patria, a Finnish military contractor, has done service work and tests with Elbit Systems, one of Israel’s biggest military manufacturers. Finnish Defence Forces has also purchased electronics from Israel for at least $21 million since the year 2000 (“Missä soditaan suomalaisilla aseilla,” Suomen Sadankomitea ry, 2009 [PDF]). While there is no direct evidence that Finnish military exports are used by the Israeli army itself, Finland is a major trading partner with companies such as Rafael Advanced Defence Systems and Elbit Systems. These military technology giants, for their part, are at the very core of the illegalities carried out by the Israeli political-military establishment.

https://electronicintifada.net/content/finnish-israeli-arms-trade-flouts-eu-regulations/8259[/PDF]
The theory to develop a system , specially electronics( majority in Finland) is known to every one. The point is only about to have an industry to design and produce it. That purely depends on fundings

Just like theory to develop a nuclear bomb is possessed by Finland but they cannot produce because it requires a lot of fundings, billion dollars for one device, and your government is in not doing it rather investing it somewhere else. :)

I have seen your industries , they have nice tools and work force to develop systems.

jouni

We have a lot of knowhow but small military industry. I guess the reason is that during cold war it was not "fashionable" as we were neutral country.

apple

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So much dumb in the one post. You're my new favourite DFI member Hari Sud.

An Indian casting aspersions on the Finnish Army. And even better an Indian with no knowledge of history or the subject he's, attempting, to discuss. There are some special people on this site.

Good luck with your "sales pitch" Jouni :biggrin2: If you want to sell to India you'd have better luck sending over some Russian whores and filling some brown paper bags with cash than with trying to use facts and reason.

He just meant that most Indians, particularly those who have been chosen to represent your country in the army, couldn't be as stupid and angry as you are

Jouni didn't mention Patria. Apart from the co operation Patria Airspace does for the NH90s and AIrbus and all sorts of stuff, Patria Vehicles have manufactured and exported thousands of AFVs. Around half of the over 1,000 Pasi APCs FInland manufactured were exported and they were/ are very popular with UN missions. While the shaped charged IEDs people are using now would definitely do the job, at least as of a few years ago, no passenger of a Pasi has ever been killed by a mine or IED, despite them getting regularly blown up. The replacement of the Pasi, the Patria AMV has been an even more successful export. Almost 2,000 have been ordered and only about 100 of those went to the Finnish Army.

Oh... and there's also SAKO. I've schooled you about them before haven't I Hari Sud

Hari Sud

Country flag
jouni and apple

Finland can do this and can do that, you can school people asking you a question with a lot of sweet nothings.

Finland is a minor cold country with a lot of know how but no such thing as definite military equipment of any kind.

You have to sell which is proven well. Nothing you said tells me that anything is proven well.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So much dumb in the one post. You're my new favourite DFI member Hari Sud.

An Indian casting aspersions on the Finnish Army. And even better an Indian with no knowledge of history or the subject he's, attempting, to discuss. There are some special people on this site.

Good luck with your "sales pitch" Jouni :biggrin2: If you want to sell to India you'd have better luck sending over some Russian whores and filling some brown paper bags with cash than with trying to use facts and reason.

He just meant that most Indians, particularly those who have been chosen to represent your country in the army, couldn't be as stupid and angry as you are

Jouni didn't mention Patria. Apart from the co operation Patria Airspace does for the NH90s and AIrbus and all sorts of stuff, Patria Vehicles have manufactured and exported thousands of AFVs. Around half of the over 1,000 Pasi APCs FInland manufactured were exported and they were/ are very popular with UN missions. While the shaped charged IEDs people are using now would definitely do the job, at least as of a few years ago, no passenger of a Pasi has ever been killed by a mine or IED, despite them getting regularly blown up. The replacement of the Pasi, the Patria AMV has been an even more successful export. Almost 2,000 have been ordered and only about 100 of those went to the Finnish Army.

Oh... and there's also SAKO. I've schooled you about them before haven't I Hari Sud

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
We have a lot of knowhow but small military industry. I guess the reason is that during cold war it was not "fashionable" as we were neutral country.
Knowhow is every where but the point is who will finance. Money matters in every research and development. Without money and good economy. The balance is important.

No country in Europe remained neutral. Paris treaty named Soviet Union as the most favourable nation for the Finns.

Last edited:

jouni

jouni and apple

Finland can do this and can do that, you can school people asking you a question with a lot of sweet nothings.

Finland is a minor cold country with a lot of know how but no such thing as definite military equipment of any kind.

You have to sell which is proven well. Nothing you said tells me that anything is proven well.
Our military equipment has not been tested in real conditions for one reason only: they are so good that nobody dares to try move against them. What could be a better sales argument?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Our military equipment has not been tested in real conditions for one reason only: they are so good that nobody dares to try move against them. What could be a better sales argument?
The only proven metal is your electronics and in electronics basically chip designing and telecommunications. But then Sweden and Korea mastered and became more proven.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles