Military of Finland

salute

Indian telling us about stealthy special forces is like a Finn telling Indian how to make good curry.
only buying foreign or american equipment not gonna make finaland a special forces, :lol::lol::lol:

atleast curry is originally indian.

salute

Yesh, we got lot of stuff from them BUK, t-55, BM-3, artillery, rifles etc BUK is being replaced by NASAMS
finland challenging russia even when finland dependent on russian military hardware is like,

beggers paki challenging india even when...oh wait moreover,

its like beggers bangladeshi's challenging india even when atleast half of bangladesh illegally lives in india.

salute

finland challenging russia even when finland dependent on russian military hardware is like,

beggers paki challenging india even when...oh wait moreover,

its like beggers bangladeshi's challenging india even when atleast half of bangladesh illegally lives in india.
btw,bangladesh have bigger navy than finland.

jouni

Panzer jaegers training.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
80% of Finnish men do military service, 20% civil service. Also women can do voluntary service.
Isn't finland supposed to be a really developed nation? Then why the discrimination against women?

Last edited by a moderator:

jouni

Friends for ever. Two of the greatest armies of all time.

jouni

Fifteen years of development is over: new land warfare doctrine is ready and been rehearsed in 10000 men Wihuri 15 exercises.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Friends for ever. Two of the greatest armies of all time.
2?

Nah... Finland has the best military in the whole Universe.

German/Russian/Americans don't even come closer to 1000 kms near mighty Finnish military and they all pee in their pants at the moment they hear the Finnish Military boots marching.

jouni

2?

Nah... Finland has the best military in the whole Universe.

German/Russian/Americans don't even come closer to 1000 kms near mighty Finnish military and they all pee in their pants at the moment they hear the Finnish Military boots marching.
If you measure quality and power per Euro, we are clearly nro 1. Also quantitative speaking, we have the largest artillery and active reserve in EU. It is difficult to be humble when you are the best, but we try anyhow ;)

I have high respect for India too. I saw a video where police in Mumbai railway station took on the terrorists armed only with Lee Enfield vintage rifle and three bullets. Terrorists had AKs and Hand grenades...

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
If you measure quality and power per Euro, we are clearly nro 1. Also quantitative speaking, we have the largest artillery and active reserve in EU. It is difficult to be humble when you are the best, but we try anyhow ;)

I have high respect for India too. I saw a video where police in Mumbai railway station took on the terrorists armed only with Lee Enfield vintage rifle and three bullets. Terrorists had AKs and Hand grenades...
Actually one Police guy fought without a gun in a face to face combat with the Porki terrorist.he held his gun with the hand.

Illusive

Country flag
I don't get why Finland lags behind Sweden in regards to military hardware development. Sweden makes almost everything from aircraft to submarines and ships. Finland and Sweden could have co developed most of these and inducted in greater numbers.

Plus they make Ikea furniture, not to forget piratebay:biggrin2:, Saab and Scania, its like they are a mini USA:eek1:.

jouni

I don't get why Finland lags behind Sweden in regards to military hardware development. Sweden makes almost everything from aircraft to submarines and ships. Finland and Sweden could have co developed most of these and inducted in greater numbers.

Plus they make Ikea furniture, not to forget piratebay:biggrin2:, Saab and Scania, its like they are a mini USA:eek1:.
You are right on the money. They really are that good, their concepting and marketing skills are second to none.

Regarding military stuff, it helps that because of their history, they can think big. Also they have enjoyed peace for the last two hundred years. Selling arms to all parties and developing new stuff..

I am happy for them.

We build ships and arms, but clearly in much smaller scale. You ask good questions...

Last edited:

Illusive

Country flag
@jouni Scandinavian countries are the future growth cog of Europe and have a lot of role to play in the region, with the ice melting near poles it could mean a treasure trove which can only be asserted and protected with military strength as you can see in SCS. Russia already making a big claim in the pie.

Sweden looks better prepared than Finland. Ofcourse Finland ain't alone, but its better to protect your own turf rather than depend on others.

jouni

@jouni Scandinavian countries are the future growth cog of Europe and have a lot of role to play in the region, with the ice melting near poles it could mean a treasure trove which can only be asserted and protected with military strength as you can see in SCS. Russia already making a big claim in the pie.

Sweden looks better prepared than Finland. Ofcourse Finland ain't alone, but its better to protect your own turf rather than depend on others.
They have scaled down their land forces to almost zero. That is a real problem to them. Their Navy and Air Force are good. Sweden can always count on Norway and Finland do the fighting for them ;)

Norway has 700bn Euros in funds, they can count on NATO, we are currently depending on own strenght. Wise or not, time will tell. Arctic is on the rise, I agree. NEP especially.

Gabriel92

Country flag
They have scaled down their land forces to almost zero. That is a real problem to them. Their Navy and Air Force are good. Sweden can always count on Norway and Finland do the fighting for them ;)

Norway has 700bn Euros in funds, they can count on NATO, we are currently depending on own strenght. Wise or not, time will tell. Arctic is on the rise, I agree. NEP especially.
What's the new govt planning ? I heard they would increase defence spending...

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Why does finland have it's own thread :lol: It's not france or germany

Global Defence

New threads

Articles