Military equipment displayed during 68th Indian army day 2016 Celebrations

Sylex21

Is it just me, or did it seem less was on display that usual? I get the feeling that over the years the parade is going further away from a military parade and becoming more of a cultural one, due to international publicity and perception reasons.

I don't remember seeing nuclear capable missiles this year such as the Agni, unless I missed them.

If true, I wonder if celebrating military might Soviet style just looks bad internationally these days, or if has become more of a problem as India's power has rapidly increased over the decades, causing it to seem far more threatening a display than before.

AbRaj

Country flag
Disgusting paintjob on T 90,new Green camo in recent exercise was much better.I think it was newer T 90M
Nothing disgusting
This is better suited to desert terrain of rajasthan than one you mentioned

Nuvneet Kundu

Nothing disgusting
This is better suited to desert terrain of rajasthan than one you mentioned
Is it the actual camo that they use during war? doesn't seem like it. Look like a ceremonial camo just for parades. During war they cover it with cloth, the whole tank looks like a ghillie suit.

Check this :

Last edited:

AbRaj

Country flag
Is it the actual camo that they use during war? doesn't seem like it. Look like a ceremonial camo just for parades. During war they cover it with cloth, the whole tank looks like a ghillie suit.

Check this :

Most probably...........................

Global Defence

New threads

Articles