Military dead against permanent commission for women across the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmaitra

This is my honest opinion and I sincerely I hope I am not branded sexist.

I think a soldier in any army should be an asset, not a liability.

Woman can do good flying transport aircraft, running military hospitals, peacekeeping, patrolling (with some exceptions) but I would never have women in, say, something like fighter pilot, tank crew, VDV or paratroopers regiment who are inserted deep inside enemy territory and it is acceptable to have them decimated fighting and distracting the enemy while the main force moves in.

pankaj nema

Country flag
I read an article why army does not want permanent commission for women

In army there is something called " comfort postings " which male officers look forward
to for a couple of years as a part of their long careers maybe for family reasons or health reasons

And when women come in big numbers they will DEMAND these comfort postings AS a matter of right

So when a male officer has done all tough postings and if he wants A FEW years of peace
such jobs WILL just not be available

pmaitra

Congrats- Hubble is no longer know as a TELESCOPE but an microscope... and thank you for magnifying it. Maybe you had it on " more older and experienced" writer

-- I had it( with)- on the garbage it spoke within ...
No, you do not use a telescope to see tiny things that are two feet away from your eyes; you use a microscope. You can use a telescope to see something that is a million times the size of your head (or should I say jarhead?), for example the planet Saturn, and far away.

I wonder who the high-school dropout is.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
How like you the young German?

Jay,

Is it bone chillingly cold in Georgia that you were forced to gulp down a peg too much and post vitriolic comments here in DFI?

You are like the Duke of Saxony's nephew (ref: Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare).
Now that is funny.

Portia
Very vilely in the morning, when he is sober; and most
vilely in the afternoon, when he is drunk: when he is best,
he is a little worse than a man; and when he is worst, he is
little better than a beast: and the worst fall that ever fell, I
hope I shall make shift to go without him.

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Be that as it may, I noticed something when I went back to the original article cited at the beginning of this thread. It starts off by saying that Indian Forces are lax in a particular area - number of females serving, and the roles they occupy - in comparison to the United States. Much of what I have seen in 2 months here rejects the idea that India should be aping other countries, especially the United States. I believe that may be the reason the discussion has become so heated.

It begs the question, why should Indian Forces mimic US Forces if Indians object so strenuously to the policies and past relations of the US with India?

Can you address that in a focussed way? No entreaties to Indian godesses of war, please.
I don't think it has anything to do with aping the United States (or not).

It is all about two things:

a) Should women be given the same roles as men, in an Army? Can that even be done? This is a general question, and no matter which country's people you ask this, a debate is sure to follow.
b) Even if some other nation is giving those roles to women, is it suited to India's conditions, given the constraints and issues that are specific to India?

The discussion has become heated because of the condescending attitude of a particular poster, "you guys are backward, typical 3rd world, so you should shut up follow us, be forward thinking like us". All this without knowledge or insight into the problems and constraints that India has.

JayATL

No, you do not use a telescope to see tiny things that are two feet away from your eyes; you use a microscope. You can use a telescope to see something that is a million times the size of your head (or should I say jarhead?), for example the planet Saturn, and far away.

I wonder who the high-school dropout is.
the one who learnt in high school " satire" ....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There are many administrative problems,. apart from other problems, with women in the army.

If the husband is also an army officer, one has to organise the postings in such a way, that both are together in every station.

As it is, it is difficult to organise the postings to ensure that there is a fair share in the hard, soft and home station postings.

Imagine if instead of one, it will be juggle two for such posting!

JayATL

Deleted

Have you read my Notice?

If you have read it and understood it, then you should desist from personal remarks.

There are other ways too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JayATL you missed the Infraction since the last post made was before I posted the caution of an Infraction!

However, be warned!

Others, please report and not get into a ridiculous situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles