Mil Mi-26T2 Halo vs Boeing CH47F Chinook

Blackwater

i dont know why india is buying chinooks in the first place. apache gunships, ok i get that, but chinooks? why? the mil 26 are able to carry more payload. the chinook is more universal in terms of ability but the low numbers does not justfy it's purchase and works against the indian army/airforce. i would suggest having a combination of mil17's and mil 26's get rid of the chinook and get more apache's. and build them instead of the chinook.
View attachment 6339

i would suggest increase British AID to India we will consider:):):):biggrin2::biggrin2:

blue marlin

The 15 on order won't be the last of it.
Chinook is very well suited for our armed forces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if this is the case then it must be a block order, similar to that of the rafale. but india will need 300+ which i doubt they will get and they just ordered more mil 17's. i think they will be based in a specific area of india, most probably to the north west towards kashmir bordering china and pakistan.

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The mi-26 just proved important when it transported "dozers" in uttarakhand during flood operations.
Guys,I want to ask how can you replace this heavy weight with middleweight.Ch-47 cannot transfer those 10 ton dozers and their accessories to the point wherever needed.
So chinook cannot replace halo in construction work,it is too small for that.I think india must modernise mi-26 to the latest version also you don't know when you will need 82 troops/60 in medevac role and desi heavy howitzer in arunachal.
I am against halo replacement you cannot replace it with ch-47 even americans have ch-53 for heavy role and seeing the expansion phase of india army it is too much important

Bahamut

The mi-26 just proved important when it transported "dozers" in uttarakhand during flood operations.
Guys,I want to ask how can you replace this heavy weight with middleweight.Ch-47 cannot transfer those 10 ton dozers and their accessories to the point wherever needed.
So chinook cannot replace halo in construction work,it is too small for that.I think india must modernise mi-26 to the latest version also you don't know when you will need 82 troops/60 in medevac role and desi heavy howitzer in arunachal.
I am against halo replacement you cannot replace it with ch-47 even americans have ch-53 for heavy role and seeing the expansion phase of india army it is too much important
Mi 26 is a monster ,forget dozers it lifted CH 47 completely but maintaining it was becoming difficult ,if needed we can modernize it T2 standard.

aliyah

why get in competition mode.....we need all....heavy lift,super heavy lift , mid lift , light weight , ultra light weight..... all.....we dont carry dozers everyday :)

Sancho

Recap Ch47:
Tata Systems set to deliver CH-47F Chinook helicopters to Boeing
Jun 08 2017

Boeing and Tata Advanced Systems Ltd (TASL) on Wednesday announced the delivery of the first crown and tailcone assembly for the Indian configuration of the CH-47F Chinook helicopter. Manufactured by TASL in Hyderabad, the parts will be delivered to Boeing for final assembly of the 15 helicopters on delivery to the Indian Air Force, TASL said in statement...

...Defence ministry finalised an order with Boeing in 2015 for the production, training and support of 15 CH-47F Chinook heavy-lift helicopters to enhance the country’s capabilities across a range of military and humanitarian missions.

Deliveries will begin in 2019. TASL is already delivering crown and tailcones for CH-47 Chinook helicopters for the US Army and international customers...
http://www.livemint.com/Companies/y...-deliver-CH47F-Chinook-helicopters-to-Bo.html

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles