Miitary Exercises, Airshows, & Naval Exercises

Triton

Founding Member
Worst marketing I have ever seen from a world class defense firm. At the same time can't complaint on Rafeal, this is what happens when the whole country's general public is so much focused on its cinema industry. Wondering, how come Rafeal missed out some cricket action in its marketing commercial? :drink:

vijaytripoli

yeh i had seen this on pakistanidefenceforum . i don,t want to tell u about there repleys ! lol
chau

Flint

It IS creepy. Something tells me that the guy who made this has a serious handicap in the sense of humour department.

But I have a plausible explanation - the video was made in-house by Rafael employees - everything including the song, the actors and the direction. That would definitely explain the low quality.

And the decor? It reminds me of this video (maybe they simply copied it but didn't get the context)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1_gRH9VhwU&feature=related

Flint

Guys, I think this thread is better off in the gossip section?

Rage

DFI TEAM
I guess the creepy commercial got more attention than it bargained for...

Israeli arms firm's ad raises eyebrows in India

30 Mar 2009, 0117 hrs IST, Rajat Pandit , TNN

NEW DELHI: Dancing around trees is out. Cavorting around missiles is in. Using matkas-jhatkas of a Bollywood item number, Israeli armament company Rafael has let loose an unusual advertising missile this time.

Unveiled for the first time during the Aero-India show at Bangalore in February, Rafael's advertising music video to woo the Indian defence establishment and the public at large is evoking incredulity and derision in equal measure, both in the web world as well as South Block.

"We are buying a whole host of missiles, ranging from SpyDer air defence systems to Python air-to-air ones, and other equipment from Rafael. Their products are good. But this advertisement is quite tacky... like a C-grade Hindi movie song," said a senior defence officer.

The over three-minute music video shows a man, presumably Rafael, wooing a woman, presumably India, by singing a song which goes something like this: "We have been together for long... trusting friends and partners... What more can I pledge to make our future strong?"

The woman, in turn, hums back: "I need to feel safe and sheltered... security and protection, commitment and perfection, defence and dedication."

And then, there is a chorus by the accompanying group of gyrating dancers, who look to be of Israeli-origin but are dressed in Indian costumes, which proclaims, "Together, forever... I will hold you in my heart... we will never be apart... Dinga-dinga, dinga-dinga, dinga-dee."

That's not all. The man "promises" to "defend and shield" the woman and "fulfil" all her expectations and meet all his "obligations", even as the entire group dances around missiles to the music beat.

For good measure, there are pictures of Goddess Durga and Hanuman strategically positioned in the background. Despite attempts, no one from Rafael could be contacted to shed light on what seems to be a marketing pitch gone completely awry.

Israeli officials are always reluctant to talk about the burgeoning military ties with India. New Delhi, too, tries to keep the relationship under wraps due to domestic political sensitivities.

Israel, on its part, has emerged as the second-largest defence supplier to India after the 1999 Kargil conflict, notching up sales worth around $1 billion a year.

The relationship is now further heading north. Just last month, for instance, the UPA government quietly inked a Rs 10,000 crore project with Israel to develop advanced medium-range surface-to-air missile systems, capable of detecting and destroying hostile aircraft and spy drones at a range of 120 km.

The joint DRDO-IAI (Israel Aerospace Industries) project, despite being in the pipeline for over two years, was on hold till now since CBI had named IAI and Rafael in the kickbacks case in the original Rs 1,160 crore Barak-I deal, sealed by the previous NDA regime in 2000.

The Left wants the deal to be cancelled immediately. But the government is pressing on regardless, holding that any move to "blacklist" Israeli firms like IAI and Rafael would be "counter-productive" due to the several crucial defence projects underway.

Post your comments to the Editor here.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ses-eyebrows-in-India/articleshow/4331272.cms

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Certainly not worse than some of the movies they make here.....but not very apt.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Miitary Exercises ! airshows ! & naval exercises!

F-16 Before Opening

F-18 Super Hornet Before Opening

Rafale Before Opening

Sukhoi Superjet

Rafale in Flight

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads