MiG-21 Bison crashes in Gujarat, no casualties

cloud_9

Country flag
MiG-21 Bison crashes in Gujarat, no casualties
A MiG-21 Bison aircraft of the IAF crashed during a routine sortie near the Naliya Airbase in Kutch on Saturday, with the pilot ejecting safely.

The fighter plane crash-landed 30 kilometres from the air base in a open forest area, IAF officials said. However, there were no
casualties in the mishap.

Though the pilot received minor injuries, he ejected safely and was admitted to the Bhuj Military Hospital, they said.

The IAF has ordered an inquiry into the crash, officials said.

According to eye witness and range forest officer Atul Dave, there was no fire in the plane when the Bison came down.

sasi

Good to know pilot is safe.
~
There is a news yesterday, there is some problem with su mki also.

p2prada

They are pushing the aircraft too much. The last aircraft was built in 1984.

The IAF has already pushed the Bison beyond the prescribed limit for the airframe.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
This is how the Air force is retiring the planes nowadays. :laugh:

mikhail

Country flag
guys today the Telegraph published the picture of the crashed Mig-21 bison.you'll be glad to know that the plane hadn't crashed but crash landed in a open grass area and it hasn't suffered any major damage(at least what i understood looking at the picture)!so i think we won't have to write off the aircraft and it'll soon be back to active service i guess!

Last edited:

vram

Country flag
Glad to know no one was injured. Must have taken real courage on the pilots behalf to remain calm rather than ejecting in PANIC immidiately. Incidently am curious to know if this kind of crash by any of the newer and heavier aircrafts would have maintained the airframe in this relatively good condition?? really suprising as the craft seems to have landed in the pic rather than crashing...

Last edited:

mikhail

Country flag
Kunal sir can you tell us whether this aircraft can be repaired or not?i mean looking at its condition i am guessing that it can be repaired as there is no visible massive damage to the airframe itself!thanks in advance.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It can be repaired and put back to action..

If not there are many equipment that can be recover..

cloud_9

Country flag
I think these kind of incidents happen with all the air forces but somehow our media is too vocal about every issue.

IAF spokesperson, Wing Commander R R Lall, said, "Technical snags are a common phenomenon, be it Sukhoi aircraft or other military craft. When the pilot learns about such an issue, he immediately switches off the engine and repositions the aircraft on the runway, from where it is taken back to the parking bay.

Which batch of Su30 MKI are stationed at Pune ???

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles