Micromax becomes third largest phone company in Russia, just one year after debut

cannonfodder

Country flag
Going away from android is unfavorable and I don't think Micromax will do that. They will have to do what Microsoft cannot accomplish... (making SW developers make APPS for new OS... takes lot of marketing and user base).

All androids use linux kernel as base . Atmost you can customize some part of android and add new APPS (e.g. Samsung bloatware, HTC sense).

I guess they are making their own operating system. :)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Going away from android is unfavorable and I don't think Micromax will do that. They will have to do what Microsoft cannot accomplish... (making SW developers make APPS for new OS... takes lot of marketing and user base).

All androids use linux kernel as base . Atmost you can customize some part of android and add new APPS (e.g. Samsung bloatware, HTC sense).

According to them, their version is very akin to android.
In fact, it's a redesigned version of android.
Only difference is that here Micromax can decide itself about new features to be provided to users.

CrYsIs

Country flag
Like Chinese? o_O
If Our motto must be, "Do more, Talk less",
Chinese Motto must be, "Do More, copy and steal less". ;)
China is a successful country and we are not.So it would be better if we stop ridiculing them,rather learn their good practices.

AbRaj

Country flag
Manufacturing or assembling ?
Honestly even Chinese brands themselves are mere assembly of internationally available components nothing more
Take one plus one for example
Screen JDI Japan
Camera Sony Japan
Soc qualcomm USA/Taiwan
Memory chips Samsung South Korea
Operating system Google Inc USA

So what is so Chinese in it? Plastic body?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
China is a successful country and we are not.So it would be better if we stop ridiculing them,rather learn their good practices.
We too are successful yet not at Chinese level.
I know we must not criticize them but nor they deserve to do because me and you both know how they did. :hehe:

CrYsIs

Country flag
We too are successful yet not at Chinese level.
I know we must not criticize them but nor they deserve to do because me and you both know how they did. :hehe:
India is far from being a successful country.China is a country with high human development index where as India languishes at the bottom and placed just above least developed countries.

India's has very limited manufacturing capability and let alone machines we even import tools and spanners from foreign countries.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India is far from being a successful country.China is a country with high human development index where as India languishes at the bottom and placed just above least developed countries.

India's has very limited manufacturing capability and let alone machines we even import tools and spanners from foreign countries.
As far as I know, it comes in respectable league if not like China.
You said, "Far from being successful".
So, success means to be a strong industrial base and influence on other economies.
Is there any scale of success that country below that scale would be failed?

CrYsIs

Country flag
As far as I know, it comes in respectable league if not like China.
You said, "Far from being successful".
So, success means to be a strong industrial base and influence on other economies.
Is there any scale of success that country below that scale would be failed?
A successful country is one which can stand on it's legs without any external assistance.

India is heavily dependent on foreign countries as it has a very limited ability to meet it's requirements on it's own.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
A successful country is one which can stand on it's legs without any external assistance.
Cannot disagree with your definition of success.
However, definitely will disagree with your opinion of Bharatvarsh.
There are levels of success.
Success in food situation, law and order, natural resources, economy/liquidity and technology(heavy and light).
We have got three in order. Food, law and economy-liquidity.
Except for crude oil, we do not depend on any natural resources on foreign powers. We are severely lagging behind in heavy industries, and are making small strides in light technologies.
So I cannot agree with your assessment that
India is heavily dependent on foreign countries as it has a very limited ability to meet it's requirements on it's own.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag

Agree mostly.
Would like to add that consumers nowadays are looking for user experience. In my humble opinion, although the consumer of the day claims to be very tech-savvy, frankly the majority of them do not know their ROM from RAMs. Neither do they care deeply if their processor is an Intel CISC or ARM RISC. They are more crazy about the hype of 'octa core, nona core' etc. etc.
At the end of the day it all boils down to user experience. Which the android delivers at a low cost. Efficiency wise, android is the least efficient stack. Too many levels of it on a mobile device. That makes the system slow when not running on unrealistic resources like 1GB of RAM, and 800MHz of RISC instructions.
I like the now deprecated Symbian systems more. Simple, straight-forward, efficient(near to the metal). That it fails miserably on UI/UX is another matter.
:D

AbRaj

Country flag
Thanks.

What is the cost?.............
Depends on variant you are opting ie RAM 3/4 GB, Internal memory 32/64 GB
Kindly check out Amazon for current prices and offers

Btw Yuphoria is a very good device too if you are planning a budget smartphone with sub 8k price

Their beautiful and power packed hardware shines with lightweight yet highly powerful and customizable Cyanogen OS

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned
Have canvas 5 e481 decent phone but, slow charger, rebrand of French wiko fever & over priced by a bit.

It has stock android though plus no app drawer, so software side is excellent. Doesn't work on carrier in Canada (wind aws) so stuck on laggy Sony.

Only real minus is no Waterproof otherwise I like it.

Micromax is second behind samsung in India with Lava & Intex just behind.

I got micromax over lenovo k3 note just because of swadeshi. That's why rebrand disappointed me,

Yu Yuphoria line is excellent also. If Canada had decent GSM carriers I would use canvas or yuphoria.

Illusive

Country flag

Microsoft has another ace, Win 10 and its ever increasing app store you know why, because it connected with PC.

So even if phones don't see initial sales, the apps will keep coming since PC is still there and the familiarity with both phone and pc OS in terms of UI will encourage people to buy more win10 phones.

cannonfodder

Country flag
http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/2...sales-may-mean-the-death-of-windows-10-mobile

With all money Microsoft has been unsuccessful in making dent in mobile market. Even if it succeeds in future, it will be purely because it can keep going due to other profitable businesses.

Coming from telecom business, I hardly see any windows mobile device or excitement regarding win and things aren't getting any good in future either. Mobile is tough market to crack. Hope micromax makes it to high end devices market as well and becomes global player like Samsung, HTC.

Microsoft has another ace, Win 10 and its ever increasing app store you know why, because it connected with PC.

So even if phones don't see initial sales, the apps will keep coming since PC is still there and the familiarity with both phone and pc OS in terms of UI will encourage people to buy more win10 phones.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles