Michael jackson dies

S.A.T.A

The news came like brick storm,i was at a public place and somebody turns around says 'dude MJ is dead,heart attack'...........

MJ was born to entertain and sang and danced to entertain,perhaps the only thing he ever did with any conviction was to totally entertain,everything else in his life was a disaster.

Its going to hard to live down the fact that MJ is no more.But then we'll 'remember the time'

Long live king!

Flint

I feel like crying :( He should be made a saint solely for the number of people he made happy.

Flint

It was like his body itself was a musical instrument....seamlessly blending with the music...

Pintu

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Jackson 'hurt' over drug reports

Jackson 'hurt' over drug reports

Jermaine Jackson "would be hurt" if he found out that reports about his brother Michael's drug use were true, he has said in an interview.

Unconfirmed reports following the star's death last week have suggested he was taking the painkiller Demerol and that he abused prescription drugs.

Jermaine told US TV that Michael had been "against anything like that".

"But in this business, the pressure, and things that you go through - you never know what people might turn to."

"I'm not saying it's right, because it's not right," he added.

Toxicology tests

Following an autopsy on Friday, the Los Angeles County Coroner's office said there was no evidence of foul play, but gave no cause for Jackson's death.

It said the results of toxicology tests could take weeks to come back.

A spokesman said Jackson had taken "some prescription medication", without specifying which.

Jermaine, who confirmed his brother's death to journalists last Thursday, was interviewed for NBC's Today programme in the grounds of the sprawling Neverland ranch, 150 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Fighting back tears, the 54-year-old described how his mother, Katherine, had called him to break the news.

"She was crying, saying he was dead."

He added: "To hear my mother say, 'Michael is dead,' to feel and hear the tone in her voice to say her child is dead, is nothing that anyone can ever imagine."

When he arrived at the UCLA medical centre, he had seen his brother's body, he said.

"To see him there lifeless and breathless was very emotional for me.

"But I held myself together because I knew he's very much alive in his spirit, and that was just a shell.

"I kissed him on his forehead, and I hugged him, and I touched him and, I said, 'Michael, I'll never leave you - you'll never leave me'."

He said he was his younger brother's "backbone" and wished he could have died instead.

"I wanted to be there for him - I was there and he was sort of like Moses.

"Things he couldn't say, I would say them - during trials, during everything."

'No viewing'

Jermaine, who appeared on UK reality series Big Brother in 2007, asserted that Neverland should be his younger sibling's final resting place.

"He created this," he said. "Why wouldn't he be here? I feel his presence."

The Jackson family, who have ruled out a "public or private viewing" of Michael's body at the ranch, are due to announce a public memorial soon.

Meanwhile, Tommy Mottola, former chairman of Sony Music - which owns distribution rights to Jackson's music - has said new releases of unheard tracks "could go on for years and years".

"There are dozens and dozens of songs that did not end up on his albums," said Mottola, who was in charge of Sony from 1998 to 2003.

"People will be hearing a lot of that unreleased material for the first time ever. There's just some genius and brilliance in there."

The material includes unused tracks from sessions for some his classic albums as well as new songs recorded with singer and producer Akon and Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am.

Pintu

Jackson to be buried in LA on July 7 - International Stars - Entertainment - The Times of India

Jackson to be buried in LA on July 7

2 Jul 2009, 1933 hrs IST, IANS

The last rites of pop legend Michael Jackson, who died following cardiac arrest last week, would be conducted in Los Angeles next Tuesday, according to the sun.co.uk.

Michael Jackson (AFP Photo)

The funeral will be held at Los Angeles' Staples Center, which is owned by AEG Live, the event management company behind the singer's comeback tour at London's O2 arena.

Proceedings of Jackson's funeral will begin at 10 a.m.

According to sources, AEG will put up gigantic screens outside the facility for the thousands of fans
who will not be able to get inside to see the funeral proceedings.

Earlier reports suggested that Jackson's family was opting for traditional Islamic burial rituals for the late pop legend.

Pintu

Jermaine Jackson: I wish it was me who died | Entertainment | Reuters

Jermaine Jackson: "I wish it was me" who died

Thu Jul 2, 2009 9:22pm IST

Jermaine Jackson, brother of late pop star Michael Jackson, pauses as he speaks at a press conference at UCLA hospital in Los Angeles, California, June 25, 2009.

REUTERS/Gene Blevins/Files

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Jermaine Jackson on Thursday said that when he first saw his brother, pop star Michael Jackson, dead in a hospital room he kissed him on the forehead and wished that he had died instead.

"I don't know how people are going to take this, but I wish it was me," Jermaine said on the "Today" morning talk show on NBC television.

"I've always felt that I was his backbone; someone to -- someone to be there for him," said Jermaine, who with Michael and three other brothers formed the Motown band the Jackson 5 and who is four years older than Michael.

Michael Jackson, who later enjoyed massive success as a solo artist with hit albums like 1982's "Thriller," died a week ago after suffering cardiac arrest at his rented Los Angeles mansion.

Speculation has swirled in the media that the 50-year-old pop star was abusing prescription drugs and perhaps intravenous drugs ahead of comeback concerts this month in London.

An official autopsy has been performed but toxicology tests won't be ready for weeks. Results of a private autopsy by a Jackson family doctor have not been released.

Jermaine Jackson said reports of Michael Jackson's possible drug use hurt his family. "For people to come forth and say things that they don't have the facts to is very damaging to the family, to me, to us, because we don't know," he said.

"Michael has always been a person who was against anything like that. But I'm not saying it's right, because it's not right, but in this business the pressures and things that you go through, you never know what one turn(s) to," Jermaine said.

He noted that Michael Jackson underwent a physical exam before starting rehearsals and had been cleared by doctors.

In a will that surfaced on Wednesday, Michael Jackson nominated his 79-year-old mother, Katherine Jackson, to care for his three children in the event of his death, and Jermaine said the family matriarch was capable of handling the responsibility.

"I thought it was a great will because the children are fine, my mother's the perfect person to be there, and it's definitely him," Jermaine Jackson said.

He also said Jackson's Neverland Valley Ranch in central California would make the perfect, final resting place for his brother. "This is his home. He created this. Why wouldn't he be here?" Jackson said.

alz

Forget he was an accused child molester... went on national TV and said it's ok to sleep with little boys in the same bed as you.. FORGET that.. let's look at whats undeniable.

HE BECAME WHITE. This "role model" payed money to make himself white. Whats wrong with being dark coloured? This man should not be idolized or hated he should be forgotten in the pages of history. GOOD Riddance.

Sorry in advanced for being insensitive

Pintu

Jackson's refuge from reality - International Stars - Entertainment - The Times of India

Jackson's refuge from reality
2 Jul 2009, 1628 hrs IST, AGENCIES

It was the scene of many of his happiest moments but also the site of harrowing allegations of child molestation.

Rumours that Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch was to be the venue for a public viewing and private memorial sparked a frenzy among fans and media at the remote property in central California. Even though he is unlikely to ever be buried there due to local restrictions, Neverland Ranch will always symbolise the fantasy and failings that were at the centre of his turbulent life.

Jackson bought the 1,100-hectare spread for $30 million in 1987 from a golf course entrepreneur and immediately set about creating a fantasy refuge from the real world.

Almost 30 at the time, Jackson was still close to the peak of his popularity. But he seemed to yearn for the childhood he had missed out on as young star - lost years during which he claimed to have been psychologically and physically abused by his father.

Jackson named his new home Neverland, after the fantasy island in the classic children's book Peter Pan, about a boy who never grows up.

Hundreds of workers spent a year preparing the property for the King of Pop - and by the time the facility opened in 1988 it contained a zoo filled with lions, elephants and dozens of other exotic animals.

A few steps from the main house was Jackson's personal amusement park with two railroads, a train station and an amazing array of rides. There was a giant Ferris wheel, a classic carousel spinning beautifully crafted animals, and a huge red marquee housing a bumper-car attraction, not to mention other rides and slides and even a kiddie roller coaster.

Inside, the house was "a regular-looking Beverly Hills mansion", according to filmmaker Larry Nimmer, who made a video tour of the house for use during the 2005 molestation trial. The Tudor-style house was filled with outlandish antiques, mementoes and books.

The house also had numerous mannequins, and the gardens were filled with statues. According to Nimmer, Jackson told him that having all those figures around made him feel less lonely.

Jackson sought to ease his isolation by inviting groups of children to visit the fantasy retreat. One visitor was a young cancer patient named Gavin Arvizo, who later accused Jackson of molestation.

Police searched every inch of Neverland looking for evidence to use against Jackson.
Jackson was acquitted of all charges but left Neverland soon after the trial in 2005, saying that he felt it had been violated by the police searches. The property was closed in 2006, and most of the staff were dismissed.

Jackson staved off several foreclosure proceedings and eventually partnered with an investment company to redevelop the property, which has been valued as high as $120 million. By this time, much of the property appeared to be in disrepair. The zoo animals were long gone, the grounds were dishevelled, and the weather-beaten amusement park rides were removed.

A buzz of construction activities at the ranch in recent days appears to be aimed at rehabilitating the star's fantasy retreat.

But it's unlikely that Neverland will become Michael Jackson's Graceland, as the estate is situated in a remote farming area that is incapable of handling large numbers of fans. Even the influx of reporters and fans this week raised the ire of many locals.

"We have lived here a long time, and to see it suddenly invaded by people coming for the viewing seems very strange," one local told reporters.

Pintu

Michael Jacksons Family | Public Viewing | Neverland Ranch | Publicist Ken Sunshine - Oneindia Entertainment

Jacko's family rules out public viewing at Neverland
Thursday, July 2, 2009, 12:38 [IST]

London (ANI): Late King of Pop Michael Jackson's family has declared that they will not be having a public viewing of the superstar's body at the Neverland Ranch. The family's publicist Ken Sunshine announced that there would be a public memorial for the fallen King of Pop, but it would not be held at his famed Ranch.

"Contrary to previous news reports, the Jackson family is officially stating that there will be no public or private viewing at Neverland," British tabloid The Sun quoted the statement as saying. It added: "Plans are underway regarding a public memorial for Michael Jackson, and we will announce those plans shortly."

The announcement ended days of furious speculation over whether Jackson's fans would get to bid farewell to the pop legend at his sprawling fantasy ranch in Santa Barbara. But online reports by Hollywood Reporter have suggested that a pubic viewing may be held next week at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

AEG Live, owner of the sports arena, posted on their Showbiz 411 blog that they would allow the facilities to be used for the service on July 7th. The L.A. Times also cited sources saying that plans were underway for a massive law enforcement deployment for the same day. But the Jackson family has not uttered a single word regarding this plan.

Jackson did not make provisions for his funeral and burial in his will, which was filed in court on Wednesday. There were reports that Jackson would be driven by motorcade from Los Angeles to a public viewing at Neverland.

Besides, there was also talk that he would actually be buried at the ranch, but the L.A. Times reported that idea was abandoned because state rules bar interment outside a cemetery.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Forget he was an accused child molester... went on national TV and said it's ok to sleep with little boys in the same bed as you.. FORGET that.. let's look at whats undeniable.

HE BECAME WHITE. This "role model" payed money to make himself white. Whats wrong with being dark coloured? This man should not be idolized or hated he should be forgotten in the pages of history. GOOD Riddance.

Sorry in advanced for being insensitive
He is liked for being a great artist and entertaining people. He might be a bad person but great entertainer. I think most people here like the entertainer in him not the child molester.

alz

He is liked for being a great artist and entertaining people. He might be a bad person but great entertainer. I think most people here like the entertainer in him not the child molester.
Of course, his music touched a generations. BUT all the more reason for him to be a role model and be proud of the way he was born.

Not mentioning the child molestation because he was found innocent. Only talking about his skin colour.

Pintu

Jackson's death: Drug agency joins investigation - The Financial Express

Jackson's death: Drug agency joins investigation

Agencies
Posted: 2009-07-02 13:33:27+05:30 IST
Updated: Jul 02, 2009 at 1333 hrs IST

Investigators are also interviewing doctors who
treated Jackson.

Los Angeles: With investigation into Michael Jackson's death focusing on the role of prescribed substances, the Drug Enforcement Administration is now assisting the coroner's office and Los Angeles Police Department in the probe.

The authorities removed prescription medications and two bags of "medical evidence" from Jackson's rented Holmby Hills home where the pop star died last Thursday, the Los Angeles Times reported quoting sources.

Investigators are also interviewing doctors who treated Jackson and prescribed him medication, the newspaper said quoting Law unnamed law enforcement sources.

The role of prescription medicines in Jackson's sudden death remains unclear and his cause of death could only be determined by toxicology tests, which may take four to six weeks.

The preliminary autopsy reports have ruled out foul play in Jackson's death.

Jackson's dependency on prescription drugs has been confirmed by many of his former aides including his children's nanny, nurse and former manager.

A former nurse of the pop star, Cherilyn Lee, has claimed that the star begged her for powerful sedative, Diprivan, as he struggled with insomnia.

Pintu

AFP: Jackson funeral takes shape as drug probe widens

Jackson funeral takes shape as drug probe widens

2 hours ago

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Funeral plans for Michael Jackson were slowly taking shape Thursday one week after the pop icon's death as federal drug investigators joined the probe into the superstar's sudden demise.

After several days of swirling speculation over the likely final resting place for the King of Pop, reports citing unidentifed sources said a memorial service for Jackson would be held Tuesday at Los Angeles's Staples Center.

Jackson would then be buried at the picturesque Forest Lawn cemetery nestled in the Hollywood Hills above Los Angeles, reports said.

A spokesperson for the Jackson family would not comment on the reports early Thursday. On Wednesday the Jacksons had issued a statement ruling out the possibility of a poignant final farewell at the singer's Neverland Ranch.

"Contrary to previous news reports, the Jackson family is officially stating that there will be no public or private viewing at Neverland," it said.

The announcement disappointed fans who had flocked to Neverland after reports indicated the family was planning services at the estate for Jackson, who died after suffering an apparent cardiac arrest on June 25.

However Jackson's elder brother Jermaine told NBC television in an interview broadcast Thursday that he wanted to see the estate become his younger sibling's final resting place.

"This is his home, he created this. Why wouldn't he be here?" Jackson said in an interview recorded at the estate. "I feel his presence. He built this place with love and you can see it and feel it."

The uncertainty over Jackson's funeral arrangements came as more light was shed on the star's multi-million dollar estate with the emergence of a 2002 will filed at Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday.

In yet another surprising twist to the aftermath of Jackson's death, it was revealed that soul legend Diana Ross had been named as a back-up guardian to the singer's children in the event of his mother Katherine's death.

The five-page document also revealed the singer's assets were to be left in the Michael Jackson Family Trust but the terms of the trust were not disclosed.

Documents filed in addition to the will valued Jackson's estate at more than 500 million dollars, although it was not clear how that figure had been reached. Jackson was believed to be heavily in debt at the time of his death.

A hearing to address the will and the guardianship of Jackson's children has been scheduled for July 4.

A final cause of death for Jackson has not yet been determined pending the results of toxicology tests.

However there has been renewed speculation linking the singer to powerful prescription drugs after reports that the sedative Propofol -- often used as an anesthetic in hospitals -- was found at his home.

Police detectives are reportedly seeking to identify and interview "multiple doctors" who treated Jackson in the years before his death.

Later Wednesday, the federal Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) declined to confirm reports it had joined the probe as investigators sought help in pinning down the source of prescription medications.

"We routinely offer assistance to any agency regarding the Federal Controlled Substance Act, however, at this time we have nothing further to comment about the death of Michael Jackson," a DEA statement said.

Pintu

Some images of the Jackson's Neverland ranch and Fan's presence there and child holding Michel Jackson's CD are being posted herewith , images courtesy : AFP and available at : AFP: Jackson funeral takes shape as drug probe widens

Rays of light from inside Neverland Ranch shine in the early morning darkness

Fans camp along the country road outside of Neverland Ranch

A young girl holds a Michael Jackson CD in Krindjabo, Ivory Coast

Regards

Pintu

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Jackson's ex-wife in custody vow

Jackson's ex-wife in custody vow

Debbie Rowe, the ex-wife of Michael Jackson, says she will fight for custody of the two children she had with the late pop icon.

"I want my children," Ms Rowe said in an interview on Thursday with the NBC TV network in Los Angeles.

Ms Rowe is the mother of Prince Michael, 12, and Paris Michael Katherine, 11. A third child, Prince Michael II, 7, has a surrogate mother.

Jackson's mother has been given temporary custody of the children.

The star, who was 50, died after suffering heart failure at his Los Angeles home last Thursday.

In a 90-minute telephone interview, Ms Rowe said she was prepared to undergo DNA testing to prove she was the children's biological mother.

She said she would also seek a restraining order to keep Jackson's father, Joe, away from them, the channel's website reported.

"I am stepping up, I have to," she said.

Ms Rowe was left out of Jackson's will, which was drawn up in 2002 and details of which were made public this week.

"I have intentionally omitted to provide for my former wife, Deborah Jean Rowe Jackson," the document states.

Ms Rowe surrendered her parental rights in her divorce settlement with Jackson, but an appeals court later ruled this was done in error, NBCLA's website reported.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Michael Jackson faked his death: report

Michael Jackson faked his death: report

Just days after Michael Jackson died, rumours are flooding the internet that he faked his own death.

Thousands of fans have been logging onto websites to join wacky conspiracy theories that the singer is still alive and is just getting ready to make a spectacular comeback.

One website released a photo three days after the singer's death claiming that he is alive.

Another says the singer has been planning this for a year-and-a-half and is now in hiding in eastern Europe. However, there is no proof to back these claims, reports the Sun.

Another site has released a photo it claims is of Jackson, insisting that the man who died on Thursday was the singer’s body double with a terminal illness whose family will be looked after in return.

MJ's family considering Muslim burial: report
“Over the past few days there have been many Michael sightings. People have emailed with pictures and amazing stories," a message reads.

“Michael is alive and well. The plot was 10 years in the making but it had to be done.

“We know he is alive because we have seen pictures. Clear pictures taken on June 26, 2009 of Michael Jackson lounging poolside with friends.

“Those close to Michael known about the plot for years, t was a very expensive and intricate venture.

“The man who died had a terminal illness and his death was long overdue. He was given facial surgery to resemble Michael exactly. No doubt his family will be taken care of.

“Soon, Michael’s new music will be out. Under a different name and with a drastically altered face... though a harmoniser has been used to disguise his voice”, the website claimed.

Pintu

BBC NEWS | Americas | Jackson custody case: the legal issues

Jackson custody case: the legal issues

Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe is reportedly considering whether to fight for custody of the couple's two children.

The BBC News website asked Professor Scott Altman, an expert in family law from the University of Southern California, to explain the legal issues surrounding the custody battle.

Who will win custody of Michael Jackson's three children? Many variables seem like they could affect the outcome.

Jackson's will names his mother as guardian (or in her absence, Diana Ross).

His ex-wife Debbie Rowe tried to disclaim her status as a legal parent, and then returned to court and had the termination of her rights overturned.

And Jackson's youngest child seems to have no legal mother, having been born to an as-yet-unknown surrogate.

Genetic test?

Bizarre and complex as these facts seem, most of the legal issues raised have been long settled in California (where admittedly bizarre and complex family disputes are more common than elsewhere).

In California, children born to a married couple are strongly presumed to be the spouses' legal children.

In this case, no one will be able to dispute Jackson's or Ms Rowe's status as parent to the older children.

Nor will Ms Rowe's early effort to terminate her parental right be final, because parents cannot terminate their own rights without a judicial investigation.

Likewise, Jackson's will should not affect child custody.

Although parents regularly indicate in a will who should be named guardian in case of their death, these designations typically become effective only upon the death of both parents.

One parent's will cannot unilaterally deprive the other parent of custody.

So how will the court decide?

California law presumes that minor children belong in the custody of a legal parent - in this case Ms Rowe.

The law also allows judges to override this presumption if parental custody would be detrimental to the children.

So a court will need to see evidence.

If, as has been widely speculated, Ms Rowe has rarely visited her children over many years and has almost no relationship with them, a court could easily deny her custody.

But if the children know her as a mother and have seen her frequently, she will almost certainly win.

This leaves the question of the youngest child. Ms Rowe has no claim to be his legal mother.

She did not give birth to him, and was not married to Jackson when the child was born. Certainly a court might award Ms Rowe custody of all three children - most courts favour keeping siblings together.

Pintu

AFP: Global fans won't beat it from Jackson thriller

Global fans won't beat it from Jackson thriller

By Shaun Tandon – 1 hour ago

LOS ANGELES (AFP) — Tokyo resident Chi Sato loved Michael Jackson so much that when she heard his memorial service would take place at a Los Angeles arena, she flew with two fellow fans across the Pacific.

After waiting for a day outside the venue for news, organizers urged fans to stay home and watch Tuesday's service on television -- and restricted a free ticket raffle to residents of the United States.

"Oh no, you mean it's useless to wait here?" Sato, who speaks limited English, said with dismay on learning of the developments. "I really, really love Michael Jackson."

Fearing a stampede for the pop superstar's final sendoff, organizers said they would distribute 11,000 tickets to fans randomly selected through a website. Los Angeles authorities vowed to prevent others from entering.

The site received a jaw-dropping 500 million hits -- nearly twice the population of the United States -- in only an hour and a half.

AEG, the concert promoters which own the Staples Center venue, also barred residents of the US states of Florida, New York and Rhode Island from applying from tickets due to legal restrictions on raffles.

Asked whether fans who flocked from abroad would be accommodated, AEG spokesman Michael Roth said: "I'm not sure it's prudent to invest in a flight until you know tickets are available."

But many were not heeding the advice.

Thierry Marceau, a performance artist, flew from Montreal to Los Angeles where he dressed up like the King of Pop in a slender black suit, dark sunglasses and a black scarf concealing his face.

"I had tickets to go see him in London so I decided to come here," said Marceau, referring to a 50-date set in the British capital which Jackson had planned starting this month.

"Things are getting a little crazy here, so I thought this was the time to come."

Police held back dozens of fans chanting, "Michael! Michael!" across the street from the outdoor news conference to announce the memorial service.

Araceli Benitez Arzate, a Mexican librarian, drove across the border overnight to be part of the excitement, without knowing if she would get a ticket.

"I'm not really a huge Michael Jackson fan but I had nothing else to do, so I came up here," she said.

For others, attending the Michael Jackson memorial was much more personal.

Solange Rodrigues, 26, said she had been up all night following news about Michael Jackson's death, so decided instead to fly from Boston to Los Angeles with her fiance.

"It's definitely worth it," she said. "I loved Michael Jackson growing up and I never had the opportunity to see him in public."

Kimberly Vega, 18, who grew up watching her family's old VHS video of a Michael Jackson concert, first went with her mother to Neverland, the King of Pop's fantasy estate north of Los Angeles, and now to the Staples Center.

The Jackson family has quashed plans for a public service at Neverland, which could have seen thousands of people descending on an isolated stretch of tony Santa Barbara wine country.

"It may be more structured having it here, but I think Michael would have wanted it at Neverland. That was his home," Vega said.

"It's very discouraging. He was such an amazing person, and a very giving person," she said. "All we want to do is to tell him, Michael, wherever you are, thank you."

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Only talking about his skin colour.
He had a degenerative skin disease due to which his skin fell off in clumps. That's why he was always dressed in all black, black sunglasses and with black umbrellas when he ventured outside in the sun. I thought this was well known.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles