MH17: Would the Dutch be civilized enough to reciprocate?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Here's the story:

The wife of a Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 victim was stunned when she saw that her husband's credit cards were being used after the plane crashed in Ukraine last week, the Daily Mail reported.

Malaysia Insider
Cameron Dalziel's wife Reine has since cancelled her husband's credit cards upon noticing activity in his account, her brother told CNN.

Cameron was a South African travelling on a British passport, who had moved with his wife and two children to Malaysia recently.

The report said that the "heartless" rebels, who allegedly shot the plane down, had been using victims' credit cards, answering their phones and looting their belongings, including jewellery, from the crash site.

Reine's brother, Shane Hattingh, told CNN that, "People are abusing it in the Ukraine. They have no respect for each other, look what they're doing. It's no surprise that they were treating the remains of people like that. It made me angry beyond words".

This only added weight to reports that the pro-Russian rebels have looted the MH17 crash site to sabotage the investigation into the disaster and to cash in on it, the Daily Mail reported.

It was previously reported that relatives of victims of the crash had called their mobile phones only to have them picked up by people with "eastern European-sounding voices".

They then proceeded to instruct the mobile phone companies to shut down the accounts.

The report said that a picture of a rebel taking a ring from a body at the disaster site has also surfaced.

"After terrorists looters stole all the cash, jewellery, mobile phones and credit cards of passengers of ill-fated Boeing – they took up their favourite deal – gathering of scrap metal. Aluminium from which the plane is made is expensive," Ukrainian government adviser Anton Gerashchenko was quoted as saying.

Ukraine's National Security and Defence Council spokesman Andrei Lysenko, was also reported as saying previously that there were no limits to the "cynicism of these gangsters".

"According to our information, apart from picking up valuable personal belongings of the passengers, terrorists are using credit cards of the victims," he said.

UK intelligence officials claim there was new evidence which showed that the separatists had planned to sabotage the probe into the crash by contaminating the area with parts from other planes, the report said.

The rebels, they were reported as saying by Sky News, had discussed removing bodies from the crash site and sending the black box data recorders to Moscow.

The Daily Mail also reported that rebel commander Igor Strelkov had issued a decree, ordering the jewellery, watches and other valuables taken from the victims of the crash to be handed in to fund their insurgency.

However, the decree could not be verified, it was reported. But the order said that the loot must be brought in to the headquarters of the Donetsk People's Republic army for its "Defence Fund" by 8pm yesterday.
MH17 victim';s credit cards used after crash, says report - MSN Malaysia News

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Now I cannot "edit" and cannot even post "Like."
Same here. My avatar & signature disappeared, can't send or receive PM, see my own "Likes" or replies to quotes, several ongoing access problems. I can handle the handicapping :)

There seems to be a causal relationship of these phenomena to posting anything anti-Russian or critical of the God Putin or his acolyte.

Russia lovers here should read Solzhenitsyn, would be my suggestion.

The DFI powers-that-be say, "Nothing to see here; move along."

@Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

bose

Country flag
I can understand the pain and agony of the victims family...

Quotes:

The report said that the "heartless" rebels, who allegedly shot the plane down, had been using victims' credit cards, answering their phones and looting their belongings, including jewellery, from the crash site.

What I do not understand that how come one get to the conclusion that it was the rebels only who used those credit cards ?? It can be anyone... a thief or any anti social element ??

Un verified statement for propaganda means...

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
@W.G.Ewald @apple @asianobserve
Look no one has disabled your like buttons. When you are infracted you do lose some privileges like editing posts or sending PMs but no one can disable your like buttons or psoting ability till you are banned. I think the site has more users registered than it can handle. That is why it cannot handle such a large amount of traffic. Also it is not like other forums where you can just come and log in. I think DFI has a few trackers and cookies enabled for verifying the location. So that may cause some problems.

Also on topic of mods, I think pmaitra is a decent mod. Yes he is blatantly pro Russian and sometimes makes ill judgments time to time. However he is also secular and fair to people of all religions and castes. Most of the foreigners do not know how an average Indian thinks. They also do not know the general awareness of an Indian on the streets. Despite being a researcher pmaitra knows a lot on history and other things. He is also lenient on Muslims , Pakistani posters and other weirdos. The only problem that is there is his staunch belief that Russians and Putin are all saints and holier than thou. Save for this he is right in most cases.
@apple Also I did not say this because I am a Bengali and my title is maitra. FYI pmaitra even infracted me and told me that I was jealous of NRI`s. Later when someone opened a thread on this NRI`s he probably understood how Indians in general view them.

I would also ask all foreign members to visit the great and clean Pakistani Defense Forum. Since you complain about DFI you would get to see better people there along with the free ads that popup every 10 seconds .

W.G.Ewald

Professional
@Peter

You can have no idea of what goes on behind the scenes or the whimsicality of it. You can only describe your experience; hence I suggest you not be so naive.

@Ray

W.G.Ewald

Professional
I can understand the pain and agony of the victims family...

Quotes:

What I do not understand that how come one get to the conclusion that it was the rebels only who used those credit cards ?? It can be anyone... a thief or any anti social element ??

Un verified statement for propaganda means...
The defending of the indefensible which occurs here is truly remarkable.

@Ray

[I have started tagging The Chief just so we might analyze the pattern in deletion of my posts.]

apple

Now, now, you will be told by The Chief that you are not receiving any special attention from his protegee, who has apparently lulled him into a sense of seraphic peace.
Up till he started this thread, I thought our Tovarisch had calmed down.

But, should take advantage of having a working like button, and the ability to post photos while I still can.

Many of western media spreading this foto claming that the man steals a ring.

Western journalists probably got the first foto from ukranian sources. Do not believe ukranian media, they are laying all the way about rebel fighters.
The man on the foto isn't stealing. He is collecting things - watch it yourself:
Писюха кичится, что хапнула у жмурья тушь. По жизни давалка. Видимо, смачно раздвинула ноги и заработала презент, прошмандовка
Woman boasts that took away the dead mascara Apparently prostitute. Well served separatist and received it as a gift. This a fallen woman.

Mascara from Amsterdam, rather from the field, well guessed from he.

The passport in the blue pouch is Australian.The red one is Malaysian and burgundyish ones are presumably Dutch.

[video]https://news.vice.com/video/exclusive-footage-of-mh17-aftermath-russian-roulette-dispatch-60[/video]

Not going to watch the video. But apparently has footage of looting at 1:30.

apple

Look no one has disabled your like buttons. When you are infracted you do lose some privileges like editing posts or sending PMs but no one can disable your like buttons or psoting ability till you are banned. I think the site has more users registered than it can handle. That is why it cannot handle such a large amount of traffic.
I could sign in and post stuff, but couldn't "like" people's quotes for quite a while. Whether it was site issues, or the result of me getting suspended, I don't know.

Somewhat unfortunate co-incidence with your name. Could be worse. When I was a kid our neighbour was this old Italian guy whose name was Benito.

bose

Country flag
The defending of the indefensible which occurs here is truly remarkable.

@Ray

[I have started tagging The Chief just so we might analyze the pattern in deletion of my posts.]
Unverified and wild allegations also occurs here is truly remarkable .....

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Unverified and wild allegations also occurs here is truly remarkable .....
Consider the weight of evidence. I'm sorry India does not have a leader you can respect as much as Putin.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Do you recommend a leader like Putin for India ? or lack of it ? or my understanding is wrong...
What I observe is a yearning on DFI for the personality of Putin. I attribute that to an absence of such a leader within India. I imagine if the need arises, there may be such a leader for India. The worship of Putin on DFI now just seems something very bizarre to me, a loss of identity in his admirers which approaches the pathological. In my view, that worship is actually corrupting the forum. It is as unrealistic as attempting the resurrection of your namesake.

bose

Country flag
What I observe is a yearning on DFI for the personality of Putin. I attribute that to an absence of such a leader within India. I imagine if the need arises, there may be such a leader for India. The worship of Putin on DFI now just seems something very bizarre to me, a loss of identity in his admirers which approaches the pathological. In my view, that worship is actually corrupting the forum. It is as unrealistic as attempting the resurrection of your namesake.
As usual your observation is wrong... a Putin like leader will fail in India... India is too diverse to be ruled in an autocratic manner... India has instances of punishing autocratic leaders in the past... But Indian do like rebels... likes of Che Guevera, Castro... Indians do see a rebel in Putin... the same reason my namesake is as admired as Gandhi in India...

thethinker

Country flag
Westerners trying to figure out Indian psyche is hilarious and that too on DFI of all places. Must be hard for them to understand why US still is not the "bro" for India while Russia for all it's defects and shortcomings still is.

Good time wasting exercise to watch and observe and more importantly be amused. :p

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Up till he started this thread, I thought our Tovarisch had calmed down.

But, should take advantage of having a working like button, and the ability to post photos while I still can.

The passport in the blue pouch is Australian.The red one is Malaysian and burgundyish ones are presumably Dutch.

Not going to watch the video. But apparently has footage of looting at 1:30.
I'm can't judge all the people who live there, but on the territory controlled by the militants, really hard material. They do not pay pensions, salaries, enterprises do not work, shops rob. That is why people try to make money and survive. Downed An-26 three hours pulled down on the metal. However, this bitch, there is no forgiveness. And when our army, will liberate Thorez, condign punishment awaits her.

pmaitra

But, to me, this thread is massively distasteful. It's not a debate, nor a conversation.
If you find it distasteful, then know that no one forced you to comment here.

The fact that the European leaders were silent when the E. Ukrainians were dying like flies, but shedding a lot of tears now, is indeed distasteful. My job is to point that out. This thread, therefore, is about a distasteful attitude of the European leaders.

It's an extraordinary attempt to whitewash some despicable actions and unnecessarily insults a neutral third party who have suffered enough recent trauma.
The Dutch are very much part of EU, and EU is supporting the Kiev regime, and its slaughter of people in E. Ukraine. The Dutch are a lot of things, but neutral they are not.

Yes, anyone who refuses to mourn the dead in E. Ukraine, but makes a lot of noise about those dead elsewhere, deserve to be criticized.

I am still waiting for a civilized reciprocal mourning from the Dutch in the memory of the victims of the Kiev regime.

pmaitra

Rightly said. Well even I was once infracted by a mod for no reason. I was accused by a certain mod of being "jealous" towards people living in the USA. I was even asked to see a therapist. I later told my case to @Ray sir.Fortunately the post that I replied to was later deleted by Ray sir and I felt justice was done.

The fact is I am the the least jealous of NRI`s. If one goes to the ITBP thread and cares to read my post on whether NRI`s should be looked upon as Indians they will know my position. Yet I was misunderstood.
You were infracted for insulting another member (I can't remember who that was) citing where he lives and what he does. That was your second or third time. How is this related to this thread?

Look no one has disabled your like buttons. When you are infracted you do lose some privileges like editing posts or sending PMs but no one can disable your like buttons or psoting ability till you are banned. I think the site has more users registered than it can handle. That is why it cannot handle such a large amount of traffic. Also it is not like other forums where you can just come and log in. I think DFI has a few trackers and cookies enabled for verifying the location. So that may cause some problems.

Also on topic of mods, I think pmaitra is a decent mod. Yes he is blatantly pro Russian and sometimes makes ill judgments time to time. However he is also secular and fair to people of all religions and castes. Most of the foreigners do not know how an average Indian thinks. They also do not know the general awareness of an Indian on the streets. Despite being a researcher pmaitra knows a lot on history and other things. He is also lenient on Muslims , Pakistani posters and other weirdos. The only problem that is there is his staunch belief that Russians and Putin are all saints and holier than thou. Save for this he is right in most cases.
@apple Also I did not say this because I am a Bengali and my title is maitra. FYI pmaitra even infracted me and told me that I was jealous of NRI`s. Later when someone opened a thread on this NRI`s he probably understood how Indians in general view them.

I would also ask all foreign members to visit the great and clean Pakistani Defense Forum. Since you complain about DFI you would get to see better people there along with the free ads that popup every 10 seconds .
1. The 'like' button does not work for me at times. It has been well explained that there are some technical issues. If the message did not go through the first time, repeating it multiple times won't work. Some people just don't listen.

2. The people who receive the most leniency, tend to whine the most.

3. This thread is not about Putin. Some may see him in nightmares, when asleep, and awake, but this thread is about the duplicity of the Europeans, who were silent about the civilian deaths in E. Ukraine, and are making so much noise now. When 20/30 people were burnt alive in Odessa, Karl Bildt called the victims "thugs." Not a single European politicians condemned that. I think the world should know the true face of the European leaders. I am doing just that. To those that find it distasteful, I can say, "too bad, deal with it;" and are welcome to comment on some other thread. I would request everyone to stay to the topic, if at all they have to say anything on the topic.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Quick OT:
@W.G.Ewald @apple @asianobserve @Peter and others experiencing like button difficulties can try this:

Go here: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down, find "Miscellaneous Options" header, find "Forum Skin" header, click on drop down menu, choose "Use Forum Default" Option, click "Save Changes" at bottom of page.

My page was effed up and I didn't have the like functionality too, but it wasn't due to infractions. In my case it was due to some problems with the forum skin.
So if you currently don't have infractions, you could give the above a try.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles