MH17 might have been shot down from air — chief Dutch investigator

pmaitra

I said cultural border, you are third Rome we are Lutheran meritocracy. Like oil and water....
Finland is a meritocracy? :pound:

Any country that has an education policy of "equity over excellence" is anything but a meritocracy.

blue marlin

ok lets get one thing straight here. mh-17 was shot down but not by the rebels, but by the government. period

Akim

Professional
Country flag
ok lets get one thing straight here. mh-17 was shot down but not by the rebels, but by the government. period
Russian military aircraft have repeatedly invaded the territory of Ukraine to a depth of 20-30 km. They are probing our air defense system. Why the Ukrainian army suddenly decided to shoot down the plane, which is in all respects not fit even to the strategic bomber?

blue marlin

Russian military aircraft have repeatedly invaded the territory of Ukraine to a depth of 20-30 km. They are probing our air defense system. Why the Ukrainian army suddenly decided to shoot down the plane, which is in all respects not fit even to the strategic bomber?
let me put it to you like this if russia really wanted Ukraine it would have already had it a long time ago. besides why did the previous president go in the first place? if he did not go in the first place then all of this would not have happened. we all know who's pulling poroshenko's sugar coated strings.
:biggrin2:

Akim

Professional
Country flag
let me put it to you like this if russia really wanted Ukraine it would have already had it a long time ago. besides why did the previous president go in the first place? if he did not go in the first place then all of this would not have happened. we all know who's pulling poroshenko's sugar coated strings.
:biggrin2:
Can I go, I change my underwear:scared1:? Jackal too dangerous to man, but people live with him.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
MH17 families sue Russia and Putin for compensation

An Australian law firm has reportedly filed a compensation claim against Russia and its president, Vladimir Putin, in the European court of human rights on behalf of families of victims of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17.
The US aviation lawyer Jerry Skinner, who won compensation from Libya for victims of the 1988 Lockerbie disaster, is leading the 3500-page claim.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/22/mh17-families-sue-russian-and-putin-for-compensation

pmaitra

Crimea River!

With the NATO clowns defending the real culprits, keep peddling such malicious lawsuits. Nobody with a brain cares.

As far as I am concerned, the Kiev Regime shot it down, either deliberately to blame Russia, or to shoot down Putin's Ilyushin-96, which was flying over that region at that time.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
It's been over 9 years since this happened. Already spoke about this a few days back.

I have read atleast few pages of this thread, so what is the general opinion of the members of this forum? Who shot down the aircraft? Russian backed separatists or Ukrainian government who conducted a false flag operation to put the blame on Russia so that they could make an excuse for slapping sanctions on Russia and spread more Russophobia across the globe?

There are several theories:
1. The most commonly accepted theory on the downing of flight MH-17 is that it was shot down by a Buk missile operated by Russian backed separatists. This was said by a Dutch investigation into the matter.
2. That the aircraft was shot down by a Ukrainian aircraft, most likely an Su-25 using an air to air missile or Guns.
3. It was shot down by a Buk missile but by a Buk unit that was operating in Ukrainian territory, this was the conclusion by a Russian investigation into the matter. There is a copy paste of an article posted by a user on the Russia Ukraine war thread already on this Russian investigation.

I don't know of any other theory. Atleast from what I have read on this matter. Also was the US not supposed to release some satellite images of the crash? They still haven't released it have they? What is stopping them from doing so, what is there to hide?

@Blademaster @Tshering22 and everyone else.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Seems more like an extension of the Russian boogeyman narrative being continued since the days of the Euromaidan Coup in 2012-13.

The milking of such a serious tragedy is a blot on both sides given how insensitive they are to weaponize air travel to achieve their dirty goals. Given that all hell is being raised by one particular side, that side is suspected of dropping the plane out of the sky.

It's been over 9 years since this happened. Already spoke about this a few days back.

I have read at least a few pages of this thread, so what is the general opinion of the members of this forum? Who shot down the aircraft? Russian-backed separatists or the Ukrainian government who conducted a false flag operation to put the blame on Russia so that they could make an excuse for slapping sanctions on Russia and spreading more Russophobia across the globe?

There are several theories:
1. The most commonly accepted theory on the downing of flight MH-17 is that it was shot down by a Buk missile operated by Russian-backed separatists. This was said by a Dutch investigation into the matter.
2. That the aircraft was shot down by a Ukrainian aircraft, most likely a Su-25 using an air-to-air missile or Guns.
3. It was shot down by a Buk missile but by a Buk unit that was operating in Ukrainian territory, this was the conclusion of a Russian investigation into the matter. There is a copy-paste of an article posted by a user on the Russia-Ukraine war thread already on this Russian investigation.

I don't know of any other theory. At least from what I have read on this matter. Also was the US not supposed to release some satellite images of the crash? They still haven't released it, have they? What is stopping them from doing so, what is there to hide?

@Blademaster @Tshering22 and everyone else.
This is the commonly-established consensus that it was the Russians who did it. While the missile was of Russian origin, it is common knowledge that missiles can be accessed by dangerous elements from the black market. Buk missile is a ground-based system and it cannot be fired from mid-air unlike the Russian R-series and American AIM-series.

There was no evidence presented to the public that it was the Russians who did it and looking at how the Ukraine narrative has been steadily built up to create the impression that Russia is dangerous for the entire Western hemisphere, it is quite obvious that the truth is somewhere in between what is claimed by both NATO/EU and Russia.

Russia's relatively easy export controls make it easy for anyone to acquire the weapon and use it. Case and point is the Ukraine-Russia war, where the bulk of the weapons that Ukrainians are using against Moscow are of Soviet/Russian origin.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles