Meteorite Fragments Injure Hundreds in Central Russia

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Well, half-serious, yes. It is just around the corner. Just look at the state the world is at. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that a matchstick is all that is needed to ignite the world.
Have you ever heard of WW3 conspiracy in any case? Not all of it is hoax, there is a pattern, one would have to admit.
Come on. Israel prepares for war, meteorite falls=> World War 3?

There is no pattern. There are secrets not conspiracies.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Is this the mark for the end of the world?

Another meteor is going to come as close as some satellites which are around the earth today......

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Would you say this is a failure of the Russian antiaircraft system?
I would go a step further to say that it is God's way of punishing evil communist Russians. Also I would take this opportunity to add that Obama is the best president in the world.

P.S. I hear voices in my head. :)

ashicjose

@SajeevJino, what do you think? First Pope resigns, then an Asteroid is seen over the sky, all this in the backdrop of Israeli war preparation on Lebanon. Do you think it's really here? ww3?
Dude......don't scare me :scared1:

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The Russians can practice their ABM defenses on this occasional meteorites...

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Russian meteorite blast explained: Fireball explosion equal to 20 Hiroshimas

Russian scientists investigating the meteorite explosion in the Urals explained the nature of the event that caused havoc in the region. NASA meanwhile said that the shockwave from the blast was equivalent to a 300-kiloton explosion.

A Russian policeman works near an ice hole, said by the Interior Ministry department for Chelyabinsk region to be the point of impact of a meteor seen earlier in the Urals region, at lake Chebarkul some 80 kilometers (50 miles) west of Chelyabinsk February 15, 2013

The object was identified as a solitary 10-ton bolide by the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAN). Bolides, or bright fireballs, are large meteors that explode in the lower atmosphere, and unlike meteorite showers they can be dangerous, scientists explained.

The Chelyabinsk fireball entered the atmosphere moving at a speed of about 20 km/s. The object, which was several meters in diameter, then burst into pieces at a height of 30-50 km above the ground, RAN reported.

Three consecutive explosions shattered the meteorite further. Large fragments moving at a high speed caused a powerful flash and a strong shockwave, with most of its energy released at a height of 5 to 15 km above the earth, with the atmosphere absorbing most of that energy.

NASA has estimated the energy released is equivalent to a 300-kiloton explosion, according to Bill Cooke, head of the Meteoroid Environments Office at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center.

The impact and the sound of the blast reached the ground minutes after the explosion, causing havoc and panic in Chelyabinsk. While most of the object burned down during the fall, the remaining parts showered over the region, possibly adding to the damage and injuries.

The actual power of the blast is still being discussed, with some scientists estimating it as low as 0.1 kilotons and others saying it could be more than 300 kilotons, depending on the height the explosion was registered. Conflicting reports also centered on the trajectory of the falling body.

The combustion products won't stay in the atmosphere for long, and will soon come down with precipitation, Russian scientists said. The meteorite is believed to have caused no significant pollution, but the elements it emitted could only be identified after studying its fragments, they added. So far, RAN and Emergency services have denied the possibility of radioactive pollution.

Russian space agency Roscosmos earlier admitted they did not track the meteorite that fell near Chelyabinsk, although several other flybys were detected by Roshydromet overnight. "Our ground facilities and, as I understand, those abroad too did not monitor this celestial body," the agency spokesman said.

Astronomers around the globe didn't notice the object coming either, and rushed in search of its traces on satellite images after the news spread.

"Objects like that are nearly impossible to see until a day or two before impact," Timothy Spahr of the Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts told Nature Magazine.

Although the meteor was relatively small to detect, some argued its blast was comparable with the power of a nuclear bomb.

According to Canadian astronomer Margaret Campbell-Brown, the blast could be even more powerful than North Korea's recent nuclear test. Citing the data from two infrasound stations near the impact site, she estimated the object to be 15 meters in diameter with a mass of around 40 tons.

"That would make it the biggest object recorded to hit the Earth since Tunguska," Campbell-Brown told Nature Magazine.

Most scientists both in Russia and abroad do not believe the Chelyabinsk bolide had anything to do with the asteroid 2012 DA14, which is expected to fly by just hours later.

Russian meteorite blast explained: Fireball explosion equal to 20 Hiroshimas — RT

ashicjose

Russian meteorite blast explained: Fireball explosion equal to 20 Hiroshimas

Russian scientists investigating the meteorite explosion in the Urals explained the nature of the event that caused havoc in the region. NASA meanwhile said that the shockwave from the blast was equivalent to a 300-kiloton explosion.

The object was identified as a solitary 10-ton bolide by the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAN). Bolides, or bright fireballs, are large meteors that explode in the lower atmosphere, and unlike meteorite showers they can be dangerous, scientists explained.

Three consecutive explosions shattered the meteorite further. Large fragments moving at a high speed caused a powerful flash and a strong shockwave, with most of its energy released at a height of 5 to 15 km above the earth, with the atmosphere absorbing most of that energy.

"Objects like that are nearly impossible to see until a day or two before impact," Timothy Spahr of the Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts told Nature Magazine.
This is just a sample fireworks of what we are going to see...:wave:

from the book of revelation...

The Seals

6 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" 4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.

5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "Two pounds[a] of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds[c] of barley for a day's wages,[d] and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?" 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,[e] were killed just as they had been.

12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14 The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

15 Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 They called to the mountains and the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us[f] from the face of him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of their[g] wrath has come, and who can withstand it?"

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Vladimir Zhirinovsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vladimir Volfovich Zhirinovsky (Russian: Влади́мир Во́льфович Жирино́вский), born Vladimir Volfovich Eidelstein (Russian: Влади́мир Во́льфович Эйдельште́йн) on 25 April 1946, is a Russian politician and political activist. He is colonel of the Russian Army, founder and the leader of the Liberal Democratic Party of Russia (LDPR), Vice-Chairman of the State Duma, and a member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.[1][2][3][4]

Zhirinovsky is often viewed as "a showman of Russian politics, blending populist and nationalist rhetoric, anti-Western invective and a brash, confrontational style".[5]

Damian

Observing how many people reacts make me feel so good, it is like being in a zoo and watching monkeys.:pound::rolleyes:

ashicjose

Observing how many people reacts make me feel so good, it is like being in a zoo and watching monkeys.:pound::rolleyes:
Proverbs 26:4-12

4 When arguing with fools, don't answer their foolish arguments, or you will become as foolish as they are. 5 When arguing with fools, be sure to answer their foolish arguments, or they will become wise in their own estimation. 6 Trusting a fool to convey a message is as foolish as cutting off one's feet or drinking poison! 7 In the mouth of a fool, a proverb becomes as limp as a paralyzed leg. 8 Honoring a fool is as foolish as tying a stone to a slingshot. 9 A proverb in a fool's mouth is as dangerous as a thornbush brandished by a drunkard. 10 An employer who hires a fool or a bystander is like an archer who shoots recklessly. 11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly. 12 There is more hope for fools than for people who think they are wise

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@ashicjose Now wait and watch as the world we know crumbles down. Not in one sudden fell swoop, but by and by with deeply significant events.
If you are a believer in Nostradamus prophecies, I suggest you seek shelter immediately. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

ashicjose

These things I am going to say is my own views....

1. The first horse and the rider can be a country (much like America ) which is came already or going to come.
2. The second one going to divide the people and I think a major war going to erupt (this rider may be someone who going to challenge the first one).
3.The third one meaning the power who going to takeover after the war and we can expect the communist style rule.
4. The fourth one can be a religious ruler who going to prosecute the others.

from the book of revelation...

The Seals
6 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" 4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.
5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "Two pounds[a] of wheat for a day's wages, and six pounds[c] of barley for a day's wages,[d] and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
The Book of Revelation, often simply known as Revelation or by a number of variants expanding upon its authorship or subject matter, is the final book of the New Testament and occupies a central part in Christian eschatology. Written in Koine Greek, its title is derived from the first word of the text, apokalypsis, meaning "unveiling" or "revelation". The author of the work identifies himself in the text as "John" and says that he was on Patmos, an island in the Aegean, when he "heard a great voice" instructing him to write the book. This John is traditionally supposed to be John the Apostle, although recent scholarship has suggested other possibilities including a putative figure given the name John of Patmos....The obscure and extravagant[1] imagery has led to a wide variety of interpretations: historicist interpretations see in Revelation a broad view of history; preterist interpretations treat Revelation as mostly referring to the events of the apostolic era (1st century), or—at the latest—the fall of the Roman Empire; futurists believe that Revelation describes future events; and idealist or symbolic interpretations consider that Revelation does not refer to actual people or events, but is an allegory of the spiritual path and the ongoing struggle between good and evil.

The Book of Revelation is the only apocalyptic document in the New Testament canon, though there are short apocalyptic passages in various places in the Gospels and the Epistles.[2]
Book of Revelation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Criticism
Nineteenth-century agnostic Robert G. Ingersoll called Revelation "the insanest of all books."[84] Thomas Jefferson omitted it, along with most of the Biblical canon, from the Jefferson Bible, and wrote that at one time he considered it as "merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams."[85] Friedrich Engels claimed that the Book of Revelation was primarily a political and anti-Roman work.[86]

Martin Luther changed his perspective on Revelation over time. In the preface to the German translation of Revelation that he composed in 1522, he said that he did not consider the book prophetic or apostolic, since "Christ is neither taught nor known in it." But in the completely new preface that he composed in 1530, he reversed his position and concluded that Christ was central to the book. He concluded, "As we see here in this book, that through and beyond all plagues, beasts, and evil angels, Christ is nonetheless with the saints and wins the final victory."[87]

G. K. Chesterton commented, "And though St. John the Evangelist saw many strange monsters in his vision, he saw no creature so wild as one of his own commentators."[88]
G. K. Chesterton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

G. K. Chesterton

G.K.Chesterton was known to his friends as Godless Kaffir:scared1:

Last edited:

indian_sukhoi

AFAIK, There is no Interceptor Air-Defence in the world capable to intercept a meteorite travlleing at speed of 100,000 kms.

All you can do is, Keep Troops on standy and pray that our atmosphere protects us.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Did Russian early-warning system see the meteorite? - Blog - Russian strategic nuclear forces

The meteorite that exploded over Chelyabinsk on February 15, 2013, was a pretty big thing - NASA estimated that it was about 15-17 meters in size and weighed 7-10 thousand tonnes. Surely it should have been detected by someone. Quite a few commentators in Russia indeed asked why the country needs all these early-warning radars if they could not detect something that large and threatening - it's worth keeping in mind that the explosion that accompanied disintegration of the meteorite was equivalent to about 500 kt.

As far as I can tell, the early-warning radars never had a chance, but it wasn't their fault - the problem was that they were never supposed to detect objects that are coming from outer space. The picture above shows the estimated trajectory of the meteorite and fans of the Daryal radar in Pechora and Dnepr in Mishelevka. The fan of the Don-2N radar of the Moscow missile defense system can be seen as well (for other radars, see this post). It's better to see this in Goolge Earth - here is the kmz file.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
One-Kilo Meteorite Fragment Found

Scientists from Russia's Urals Federal University have discovered a meteorite fragment weighing more than one kilogram (2.2 lbs), the largest found so far from the meteorite strike that hit the Urals region on February 15, University expedition chief Viktor Grokhovsky said on Monday.

A total of more than 100 fragments have been found by the expedition along a 50 kilometer (30 mile) trail under the meteorite's flight path, he said.

Over 1,500 people were injured and thousands of buildings damaged when the massive meteorite streaked across the sky over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk.

US space agency NASA estimates the meteorite was roughly 15 meters (50 feet) in diameter when it struck Earth's atmosphere, travelling several times the speed of sound, and exploded into a fireball brighter than the morning sun.

Fragments of the meteorite have been found in an eight-meter (25 feet) wide crater in the region's Lake Chebarkul, scientists said earlier this week.

One-Kilo Meteorite Fragment Found | Science | RIA Novosti

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles