Metallica Confirm First-Ever Dates In India

Country flag
http://www.rttnews.com/Content/EntertainmentNews.aspx?Section=2&Id=1614722&SM=1

(RTTNews) - Metallica has laid plans for their first-ever tour in India. Thus far, the metal gods have booked two dates in the country, October 28 at F1 Rocks in the the Leisure Valley, Sector 29, Gurgaon, and October 30 at the Main Palace of the Bangalore Palace Ground.

Bassist Rob Trujillo broke the news in an interview late last month with the Inland Empire Weekly and says traveling to India is a dream come true for the band.

"We are going to play India in October," he said. "That should be interesting, playing a place we never thought in our wildest dreams we'd [go] to play. It's an honor for all of us that we get to be a part of that whole music scene as a metal band sharing our music with fans in India at this incredible concert!"

The band later confirmed Trujillo's comments on their official website saying: "At this stage in the game, there are very few places in the world that we have not dragged our gear and crew to, so that makes this show announcement extra special."

Tickets for the shows will go on sale May 4.

Illusive

Country flag
29th oct Metallica and 30th F1 inaugural Indian gp, i hope i visit both.

Sad they don't come to mumbai, my friend said entertainment tax is too high in mumbai.

warriorextreme

Country flag
29th oct Metallica and 30th F1 inaugural Indian gp, i hope i visit both.

Sad they don't come to mumbai, my friend said entertainment tax is too high in mumbai.
yes its very high...thats why balasaheb thakre had to make Michael Jackson concert tax free :)
Raj Thakre suggested him to do this :)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
My favourite band... you should go even if they are on their last legs.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
who else is going for metallica ? \m/

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
phuck metallica phuck dna..........

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
:rofl:. Delhi has got a very bad reputation when it comes to organizing concerts.

sob

Mod
Country flag
DD the problem on most of the times is that the organisers sell more tickets than the capacity. In this case as per reports the capacity was only 7000 while DNA had sold almost 20000 tickets. Problems had to happen. No point in blaming people from Delhi.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Absolute BS, I was there.

Problem was there were 20k people and there was arrangement for 20k people but there weren't enough security arrangements. Hardly a few dozen bouncers, and I could spot only 10 odd cops. Ironically this was in jat hinterland, where they would've been able to manage a 1k pehlwans at a moment's notice. People were very well behaved, lots of women around but the organizers were worried that the barricades might break down.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Singh, as per NDTV the organisers had sold more tickets than the capacity. Even the police have also charged the same.

If you remember similar thing had happened with Bryan Adams show which had to be cancelled.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Singh, as per NDTV the organisers had sold more tickets than the capacity. Even the police have also charged the same.

If you remember similar thing had happened with Bryan Adams show which had to be cancelled.
yaar its bs. i was there the thing could hold 25-30k easily, and people were actually sitting and chilling. they didn't get any security, and they were scared that people might break barricades.

sob

Mod
Country flag
yaar its bs. i was there the thing could hold 25-30k easily, and people were actually sitting and chilling. they didn't get any security, and they were scared that people might break barricades.
So it seems that the cops did not get kharcha paani and did not make the necessary arrangements.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
DD the problem on most of the times is that the organisers sell more tickets than the capacity. In this case as per reports the capacity was only 7000 while DNA had sold almost 20000 tickets. Problems had to happen. No point in blaming people from Delhi.
Well apparently they sold more like 25,000 tickets and the organiser and his conspirators are now in jail. Problems didn't have to happen as no one would have destroyed the stage if the concert was held as promised. It is corruption of India that makes it impossible to host events without drama.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles