MERE WORDS WON'T SUFFICE

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Karthik Janakiram, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karthik Janakiram

Karthik Janakiram New Member

Occasionally, certain developments in your life force you to take a step back and introspect, whether the path which you have undertaken is necessarily the right one. Without any apprehension, I can say that the NDA has reached that stage.

Yesterday, the world witnessed how Shiv Sena stormed into the BCCI headquarters in Mumbai in a bid to cancel the Indo-Pak bilateral talks to resume cricketing ties between the two countries. Within a few hours later, independent MLA from J&K, Engineer Rashid now famous for his protest against the beef ban in J&K was inked by right wing fanatics. With each passing day, the situation is getting more and more dangerous. Engineer Rashid even went as far as to say that such a hate filled and polarised atmosphere will force the Muslims of India to concur with Jinnah’s two nation theory that Hindus and Muslims just cannot live together.

Finance Minister Arun Jaitley was assertive today when he spoke out against the intolerance brewing in our country. I agree with Jaitley when he says that such rampant elements are bringing shame to the party and is masking all the good work done by the government so far. Mr. Jaitley, you may not be fueling the communal fire directly, but I’m sure you realise that your lackadaisical approach in taking stringent action against these uncouth elements is only emboldening them.

But having said that, I also wholeheartedly support his reminder to the media that it should not give the fringe so much of ‘oxygen’. We in the media especially the TV breed are obsessed with exciting visuals. We end up pitting one fringe against the other and further polarise an already divided society. Now, we can't be like ostriches, oblivious to the happenings around us but at the same time, we also shouldn't let it dictate our agenda for the day.

For the rest of the article..visit my blog

https://politikwithkartik.wordpress.com/2015/10/20/on-growing-intolerance-need-more-than-just-words/

3. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

I am on border on this.

Too Long Hindus have been taken for granted by various govts.

Look at the coverage these incidents have received and compare it to the coverage a cow protectors murder in Karnataka.

Karthik, these incidents are not one way street. Regarding Rasheed, what was the need to hold beef party? Would he dare to hold pork party in Srinagar?
    Regarding BCCI, the less said the better. Although politically I support BJP, in this instance I support SS.
    Why must we entertain Pakistani aman ki asha crap? Especially when you consider what they are up and what's happening in India because of these pigs, why should we entertain them in our contry?

In fact I would say we should MFN to pakis and give it to Bangladesh.

4. Karthik Janakiram

Karthik Janakiram New Member

On Rashid, he was perfectly within his rights to hold a beef party. If muslims resort to violence in ordee to force people to stop consuming liquor and make women wear burqa...then will that be fine?

Every religion has its sensitive issues but we need to rise above petty things if we want to evolve as a society. Every religion must be respected and no one has any right to shove his or her beliefs up anyones throat

5. tarunraju

tarunraju Moderator Moderator

Congi Propagandu thread. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.