Mere brother ki dulhan

ashdoc

Country flag
When George Bernard Shaw was angrily asked by a playwright as to why he had slept throughout his play when he had invited Shaw to tell his opinion about it , Shaw replied , '' My dear fellow , sleep is an opinion '' :pound:

My opinion about this film is a little different.....

It is--I should have gone to sleep.....

In short--Why did I take that mugfull of piping hot coffee that I drank before the start of the movie..... :confused:

That cuppa coffee that kept me awake to endure 2 and a half hours of audiovisual torture that they called a film :frusty:

So what about the film.....??

As the title says ,its a usual yash raj film about shaadi , baarat ,baraati , mohobbat and the rest......

15 years after DDLJ , they make the same kind of films.....

And women still flock to the theaters to see mushy romance.....

......bringing with them their longsuffering menfolk......

Yours truely being one of them......:sad:

Difference is--the quality has gone down since DDLJ.....

And the chemistry between Imran Khan and Katrina does not even begin to match the one between Rukh-rukh-ke-bolne-wala-khan ( remember his ka ka ka kiran from another yash raj film ? )and Kajol.....

Yeah--Kats is the brother-ki-dulhan....

Now why does the brother send the hero to India to select a girl for him ??

Obviously , younger brother ( Imraan )selects a girl of his liking , and she being of his liking , ends up falling in love with her.....

Kats is the bold one , giving Imraan sleeping pills and kidnapping a reluctant and sleepy Imraan in order to elope with her.....

Like the film , this idea too fails....

Imraan is the smarter one , he invents a plot to make his brother fall out of love of his dulhan....

So whats the plot ??

Go and watch the movie for that.....

On the other hand , no harm in telling it--who's gonna watch the movie after this review ?? :lol:

So Imraan brings out his brother's ex-girlfriend from London , who arrives at the shaadi-venue to create problems....

......And then the brother is the one who elopes with her.....

Leaving the door clear for the consummation of Imraan-Katrina's third-rate romance....

....Also mercifully leaving the door clear for our exit from the theater.....

Back to home sweet home and beauty sleep.....

Oh no !! The coffee's gonna keep me awake until I complete this review !!

Now dont say you went to sleep while reading this review for the writing of which I sat in front of the desktop burning the midnight oil....

After all ,sleep is an opinion , according to George Bernard Shaw.....:laugh:

Last edited:

Oracle

Great review again. Raja Sen must be feeling ashamed, or is he dead?

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: very funny review. Will keep away from downloading it.

Hud

Yash Raj is the worst production house, There 4-5 yrs back read a story in business world, calling aditya chopra brillant and media shy son of Yash chopra, Just because their movies were doing good bussiness. Now if we were to ask those gandus who wrote that story about Aditya chopra what is reason for debacle and poor performance of Yash raj pictures.
DDLJ people say directed by Papa Yash but aditya got the credit. 2nd movie Aditya directed was Mohabetin, which firmly firmed my conviction that he was no good.
Clowns like adiya, bro sis duo of Farah and sajid and no to forget Karan Cokra should be totally debared from making movies. There many more though, in fact 99% directors in Bollywood should be given kaal Panni. Baring Anurag Kshyap and his gang there are hardly any talent worth mentioning.
These days it looks like even Hollywood is getting inspired by Bollywood or may out doing them. Cowboys and Aliens another crap by a director who gave you Iron Man 1 and this guys wrote fabolous movies like Swingers. The obseesion of movie executive to keep movies PG13 is another reason why Hollywood movies are lossing their appeal.

A.V.

HUD aditya did a lot of things which is not apparent , they made yash raj films form being a production house to a correct day production studio , their aim is to keep the money flow up , even crappy films they never loose money , the ones losing money is the distributers and even small vendors

these cheap movies sell for huge TV rights , music rights and even more covering the running cost , do you know how yash raj singns artists , for getting a chance in YASH chopra directed movie KK would have done this film at half or nominal fee , the production costs are minimised and they get the mullah rolling

its business par excellence

johnee

HUD aditya did a lot of things which is not apparent , they made yash raj films form being a production house to a correct day production studio , their aim is to keep the money flow up , even crappy films they never loose money , the ones losing money is the distributers and even small vendors

these cheap movies sell for huge TV rights , music rights and even more covering the running cost , do you know how yash raj singns artists , for getting a chance in YASH chopra directed movie KK would have done this film at half or nominal fee , the production costs are minimised and they get the mullah rolling

All that may seem business par excellence in short term, but in long term it will ruin the entire film industry...

Hud

This business model is followed in west and Adiya just followed it, and the same business model was being followed by other new production houses, so there is nothing new that Aditya did. YSF is no longer as profitable as it in its heydays, they had at that time rejected reliance Big film offer for stake sale. What amazes me is that this production house still command respect after making such average stuff.

A.V.

The idea is YRF has built its name and now they are milking it , i am sure once a year they will make a good profitable movie and rest all year these tid bits to keep their staff engaged with work and rake in some cash.

Poseidon

Country flag
Katrina Kaif is not as good in acting compared to other co-actresses.

prahladh

Respected Member
"I'm not a bad driver, you are a bad sitter" was that supposed to be a joke or what.

Blackwater

This is wat i call kismat "Destiany". What father yash chopra has earned in last 50 yrs i.e name and fame. His son will put that name in mud or in vain..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles