Memories of Incredible Kalam: Book and info on Indian Missiles

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/Memories_Incredible_Kalam.pdf

found this info in the pdf book

DR KALAM AND BALLISTIC MISSILE DEFENCE (BMD) He was a great visionary. Even when the IGMDP projects were underway he started nucleating the idea of Ballistic Missile Defence. By 1995, he strongly believed in India possessing a BMD capability and put in his best efforts to convince the then Government, Military leaders and Scientists, and ensured that the programme was sanctioned in 1998 despite lots of reservations in different quarters of Government. Today India has BMD capability. I was fortunate to have worked with him all through the BMD Mission right from inception. Programme was discussed with Shri Gujral as PM and later with Vajpayeeji as PM. Both the Prime Ministers were highly impressed by Dr Kalam and believed in his leadership qualities and capabilities to transform India into a technologically strong nation for National Security. I remember that one day Iand DrKalam went to PMO toget the BMD file signed. IwaitedoutsidetheOfficeofPMandDrKalamwentinto discuss the BMD case. He came out gleefully, happy with the signatures of PM onfile.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
By July 10, 1992, Dr Kalam moved to Delhi as SA to RM. We had prepared for the third and last flight test of Agni Technology Demonstrator on February 19, 1994, to assess MARV (Manoeuvring Re-entry Vehicle).

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
The development of Agni-3 had already begun, propulsion stages were being developed for higher payload and a lot of design and development work was done on the new technology of Multiple Independently Targetable Reentry Vehicles (MIRV). Meanwhile the need for Agni-1 as a strategic system took priority and we had to divert resources. I am sure that the MIRV would have been realised and made operational by now, if Dr Kalam had remained a part of the development organisation. The country has lost already 12 years in realising this essential technology of MIRV. Instead of concentrating on crucial systems and technologies, the effort, I feel rather sadly, had perhaps shifted to publicity and personal image building.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
“By giving the supersonic cruise missile, which is first of its kind in the world, BrahMos team (Russian and Indian) have successfully broken the Fifth Nation Syndrome”.

Dr. Kalam at the the induction of Brahmos in Indian Army.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Guys i have given the link from Drdo website, go through it and post info if you can dig out the same.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Imagine we tested MARV 22 years ago, still no public test of MIRV from A3 or above.............

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles