Meet Pakistan's first female truck driver

Vish1

Compared to India, the UK has absolutely bland trucks.

On the main highways, we actually see more European trucks more than anything. They have more, or less the same design though.

LalTopi

none, i dont think we allow american trucks on to our roads, but i could be wrong. i haven't seen any.

speaking of trucks i saw this on the road a while ago.

View attachment 6112
Well I think one of the wonders of India and the subcontinent is the colour, pride and love invested in the artwork in these trucks. Sadly with the move to more modern trucks, you don't see such splash of colour and so much religious devotion anymore. I know it's nostalgia and the world has to move on, but still we can appreciate what has taken place. even the few pics of Ms Shamim Aktars truck, you get glimpses of the artwork invested in her truck.

pmaitra

@pmaitra should we merge it with the Trucks and Prime Movers thread?
I think @Blackwater wants to focus on the point that a woman is driving a truck in Pakistan. There are some nice posts about trucks here. I have taken a copy of the posts into the "Lorries, Trucks and Prime Movers" thread, and have excluded posts with buses and other discussion. Thanks for pointing out.

Sameet2

most Indian trucks are of 8 wheels like this one
Indian-Technicolor-Trucks-Photography-6.jpg

In my undeveloped place of gujarat we have unheard truck manufacturer named AMW just have view of there products

I_PLAY_BAD

Don't shame India by comparing it with Pakistan.
Whatever Pakistan is doing today, India did it 20 years back.
And, India is itself 40 years backwards from the developed nation status.
So think, Pakistan is still in the medieval age.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles