Meet Pakistan's first female truck driver

Blackwater

Breaking stereotypes and driving through gender-based obstacles, Shamim Akhtar from Rawalpindi is Pakistan’s first female truck driver.

The 53-year-old single mother said “Nothing is too difficult if you have the will, however if women make themselves believe that they can’t do certain tasks then nothing works for them.”

Therefore, in order to support two children at home and to cover the cost of her three eldest daughters’ weddings, Akhtar set off to take driving lessons for heavy vehicles.

“My son tells me not to drive too far, it’s dangerous but I told him that we have to earn a living. We only eat when we earn,” Akhtar said as she prepared herself to transport a load of 7000 bricks from a factory in Rawalpindi to Azad Jammu and Kashmir, a gruelling 200 kilometres trip.

An inspiration for many, she was issued a public service vehicle license, a first for a Pakistani woman- allowing her to pull trailers, drive trucks and tractors.

“Whatever I am today, it is because of the Islamabad Traffic Police training course,” Akhtar said humbly.

Further, while most Pakistani male drivers lack formal driving lessons for heavy vehicles, Akhtar seems to have an edge over the men which she uses to teach a novice.

And among many of her colleagues, her student Usman Ali too, has a lot of respect for Akhtar.

“She behaves well, and treats us like her sons. We too treat her as a mother and that is how our relationship is,” one of Akhtar’s colleagues said for her.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/959657/pakistans-first-female-truck-driver/

Blackwater

i was more concerned at pakis capability They still use 1940s BEDFORD trucks and they made drones,tanks and JF-17 ,burrak,tipu,pipu,chipu,missile

why cant they made good trucks??? :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

please ring china papa at +86 000000000000000000:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

blue marlin

i was more concerned at pakis capability They still use 1940s BEDFORD trucks and they made drones,tanks and JF-17 ,burrak,tipu,pipu,chipu,missile

why cant they made good trucks??? :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

please ring china papa at +86 000000000000000000:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
hi,
well im not surprised they are not cheap.

does india have the american trucks.as shown below?
red-truck-moving-on-a-highway-4380639.jpg

or european trucks as shown below.
images-3.jpeg

or neither but a rigid truck
18808.jpg

Blackwater

pmaitra

goggle it mate (hindu kufur search engine)

come out of British madarsa computer center:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

u will see what sort of trucks running in indian roads
@blue marlin asked a question nicely. Just give him an answer nicely.

Anyway, @blue marlin, we have trucks like those you posted.

The truck that the Pakistani woman is driving is a Bedford. We have those in India too, although they are very rare these days.

Bedfords were assembled in India up to at least 1965.

sorcerer

Country flag
hi,
well im not surprised they are not cheap.

does india have the american trucks.as shown below?
They are not cheap...but India can afford it..

DIamler [Benz for you ] has own factory in India. :D

MAN trucks manufacture in india
http://www.mantrucksindia.com/company/production/

Volvo Truck manufacturing in India
http://www.volvotrucks.com/trucks/i...odyinstruc/Pages/bodybuilderinstructions.aspx

Eicher Motors

Heard of Hendrickson.. Its American..its in India

So yes..In India MNC's actually MAKE trucks..

Do google for more information.

Blackwater

@blue marlin asked a question nicely. Just give him an answer nicely.

Anyway, @blue marlin , we have trucks like those you posted.

The truck that the Pakistani woman is driving is a Bedford. We have those in India too, although they are very rare these days.

Bedfords were assembled in India up to at least 1965.

that is my point, these Bedford trucks are rare in india but not in pakistan. they are still back bone of pak transport industry.

my point was why still pak has developed good trucks despite they developed armed drones,tanks,missile,nasr et etc:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag

Nope! Those tanks, JFs and drones are all Chinese repainted with Pak colors!
Even their missiles are either North Korean or Chinese!

These guys don't have the capability of making even a safety pin.

Needless to say, what they are extremely good at is producing mercenary yahoos in their terror factories! :tongue: And exporting them is their USP!

Blackwater

BTW on topic.

we must congratulate this Pakistani lady who shed the teaching of islam or paki version of mullah islam .and started driving:biggrin2::biggrin2:

i was wondering where is benazir income support scheme gone ???o_Oo_O

brational

Country flag
i was wondering where is benazir income support scheme gone ???o_Oo_O
Maximum amount Chinese maal ke Paint Job mein nikal gaya. Jo bacha tha woh Sartaz Aziz saab Khaali Dossiers print karwne mein laga diya.

blue marlin

that is my point, these Bedford trucks are rare in india but not in pakistan. they are still back bone of pak transport industry.

my point was why still pak has developed good trucks despite they developed armed drones,tanks,missile,nasr et etc:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
what you say may be the case but, why take it out on me, your asking for a douce like response. good job @pmaitra put you straight.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles