Meet Mulla Nasruddin

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Bank manager Jagdeep Singh (also called Mulla Nasruddin) likes to tuck his licensed pistol under his shirt on car trips over lonely roads, having used it successfully in the early 1990s to fight off several attackers.

"I have two good-looking daughters," he says, "another reason I keep a gun."

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
"Now that we are married," she said to Mulla Nasrudin, "perhaps I can point out a FEW
OF YOUR defects."
"Don't bother, dear," replied Nasrudin. "I KNOW ALL ABOUT THEM. IT'S THOSE
DEFECTS THAT KEPT ME FROM GETTING A BETTER WIFE THAN YOU."

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Mulla Nasrudin's family was upset because the girl he was planning to marry was an atheist. "We'll not have you marrying an atheist," his mother said. "What can I do? I love her," the young Nasrudin said. "Well," said his mother, "if she loves you, she will do anything you ask. You should talk religion to her. If you are persistent, you can win her over." Several weeks went by, then one morning at breakfast the young Mulla seemed absolutely brokenhearted. "What's the matter?" his mother asked. "I thought you were making such good progress in your talks about religion to your young girlfriend." "THAT'S THE TROUBLE," said Nasrudin. I OVER DID IT. LAST NIGHT SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS SO CONVINCED THAT SHE IS GOING TO STUDY TO BE A NUN.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Mulla Nasrudin had been calling on his girlfriend for over a year. One evening the girl's father stopped him as he was leaving and asked, "Look here, young man, you have been seeing my daughter for a year now, and I would like to know whether your intentions are honorable or dishonorable?" Nasrudin's face lit up. "DO YOU MEAN TO SAY, SIR," he said, "THAT I HAVE A CHOICE?"

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Mulla Nasrudin was testifying in Court. He noticed that everything he was being taken down by the court reporter. As he went along, he began talking faster and still faster. Finally, the reporter was frantic to keep up with him.
Suddenly, the Mulla said, "Good Gracious, Mister, don't write so fast, I can't keep up with you!"

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Mulla Nasrudin's mother, worrying about her son's safety, said to him: "Didn't I say you should not let that girl come over to your room last night? You know how things like that worry me." "But I didn't invite her to my room," said Nasrudin. "I went over to her room. NOW YOU CAN LET HER MOTHER DO THE WORRYING."

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Mulla Nasrudin was talking to a friend about his recently broken romance. "Do you mean," asked the friend, "that at her request, you gave up drinking, and smoking, and gambling, and dancing, and playing pool?" "Yes, just because she insisted," said the Mulla. "Then why didn't you marry her?" the fellow asked. "WELL, AFTER ALL THAT REFORMING," said Nasrudin, "I DECIDED I COULD DO BETTER."

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
One night, Mulla Nasrudin's father noticed a light in his barn. He went to see what it was all about and he found Nasrudin with a lantern, all dressed up. "What are you doing all dressed up and with that lantern?" asked his father. "I am going to call on my girlfriend, Dad," said Nasrudin. "I have got to go through the woods and it is dark." "When I was your age calling on my wife for the first time," said the father, "I went through the woods without a lantern." "I KNOW," said Nasrudin, "BUT LOOK WHAT YOU GOT, DAD!"

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Mulla Nasrudin's young wife, recently returned from her honeymoon, was complaining to her friend about her husband's drinking habits. "If you knew he drank, why did you marry him?" her friend asked. "I DID NOT KNOW HE DRANK," said Nasrudin's wife, "UNTIL ONE NIGHT HE CAME HOME SOBER."

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
"Are you sure that it was a marriage license you gave me last month?" asked Mulla
Nasrudin.
"Yes, Sir, What's the matter?"
"I THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE SOME MISTAKE, SEEING THAT I HAVE
LIVING A DOG'S LIFE EVER SINCE."

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Shortly after their return from their honeymoon the Nasrudins moved into their new
house, and the bride was anxious to put into practice the lessons she had taken in
cooking.
Returning home one evening, the Mulla found his wife in tears. Between sobs he
managed to learn from her that something terrible had happened.
"Darling," she said, "it was the first meat piece I ever baked for you, and the cat has eaten
it."
"That's all right my love," said Nasrudin, patting her on the shoulder, "I WILL GET YOU
ANOTHER CAT TOMORROW."

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Strolling through his country's supreme honeymoon resort, Mulla Nasrudin was a picture
of bliss.
"But, Mulla," asked the local barkeeper, "how is it you came here on your honeymoon
without the wife?"
"ARE YOU MAD, MAN?" said Nasrudin. "SURE IF SHE CAME, WHO'D LOOK
AFTER THE SHOP?"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles