Medicos may have used mobiles to cheat: Cops

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Mad Indian, May 16, 2012.

1. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Medicos may have used mobiles to cheat: Cops - The Times of India

CHENNAI: The cyber crime wing of Chennai police suspect there could have been malpractice in the final year MBBS examination held in February at the Stanley Medical College. The police have told the medical university they found that unusually long calls were made to mobile numbers the candidates suspected to have used during the exam to cheat.

The Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University had withheld results of nine students and lodged a complaint with cyber crime in March after they received complaints from two final year students that nine of their classmates cheated during the exam:rock:. The students gave their names and roll numbers. A faculty member also supported the letter. "Police have given us an interim report that suggests there could have been malpractice. We are now waiting for the final report," said university vice-chancellor Dr Mayil Vahanan Natarajan.

During the preliminary inquiry, the university found that one of the students wrote all questions on a paper and threw it out of the toilet window. A house surgeon waiting by the window dictated the answers through a friend's mobile to the nine students who used wireless headsets, the inquiry found. :bounce:

Cyber crime said the professor had given three mobile numbers to the police. Police told the university that during the exam there were calls lasting up to two hours from these phones. "This leads to suspicion if the call was made to the student writing the exam by someone outside the exam hall," the report said. The investigations into the cases will be completed in the two weeks, officials said.

Controller of examinations K Siva Sangeetha said they had appointed a committee to verify the nine papers. He said there were reasons to believe they cheated. First, the difference in scores in theory and practical exams for these students was huge. Second, the committee found that the students had used exact words and syntax from the text. In some other cases, words that sound phonetically similar, but had a different meaning or spelling were used - obesity instead of opacity, coma instead of trauma, bubella instead of rubella, calf instead of cough:rotflmao:

Last week, the Madras high court rejected a petition from one of the students seeking declaration of his results. In his petition, S Arif Mohammed said he was surprised to see that his result had been withheld.

3. Mad Indian

^^^ These are the same people who are going to treat you lot tomo----- Well Good luck with that :taunt1::bounce::rock:

4. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Why are you shooting yourself in the foot MI? Didnt you say you cheated as well!! :lol:

5. Mad Indian

Dude one or two marks every one cheats.

I am talking about people who dont know what is the difference between Calf Muscles(muscles of legs) and Cough here!!!! I mean seriously? What are they going to treat anyway with a knowledge like that?????:noidea:

6. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

:lol: bubella instead of rubella....
In my college,chronic students bribe the moniters of the university exams and moniters let them do anything.Once such chronics ordered a hi-fi tiny wireless instrument from germany to pass the exam.
And setting in university in reassessment is traditional thing here, it's done by students who have been failed for 5-10 marks only, you just need to pay 1 lac/subject to pass the theory.It's everywhere not here only, just the tactics are different.

7. Mad Indian

Bubella- Rubella- :rotflmao:

And it is there in my college too. I know some of my classmates who do that but they dont get caught

But the point is, what is the fate of the patients who go to these "doctors":tsk:

8. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

thats even better bro.one of my senior a chronic referred said said foramen magnum as oral cavity to external in anatomy...
    external laughed like hell

9. VIP

To some extent, it's OK.Like failing in 1 sub only after having so much efforts.But it's not at all good when you don't even know what's cough and calf.That's the story of most of chronic students.And almost 99% of those chronics are ST candidates.They're not gonna do anything except malpractice.

10. panduranghari

panduranghari Senior Member Senior Member

I know a dude who in the viva of 1st year MBBS said that foetus comes out of foramen magnum.

Another one in the 3rd year MBBS short case demonstrated shifting dullness of Ascites by tapping the abdomen of one patient and asking him to move to the empty bed next to his and doing the same thing again.

Another dude also held the skull in his left hand instead of both his hands and when asked is this the skull of left side? HE said yes and there is no skull on the demo tray of the right however he had one in his hostel room and he could fetch it if they so wish.

Those were the days.:drunk:

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  11. VIP

:roflmao:
I can remember such incidences,too. Seriously,These people don't deserve medical branch.One of ST candidate in my clg who's 4 years senior than me, had passed his 1st year along my batch's minor batch.I passed whole M.B.B.S, he's still stuck in 2nd year.One senior had to leave the course after giving 3 trials because of the rule in past, but govt. discarded that rule than he came back and still not completed the 3rd year.1 senior is stuck there since 1998.

God save India...:sad:

12. VIP

:roflmao:
I can remember such incidences,too. Seriously,These people don't deserve medical branch.One of ST candidate in my clg who's 4 years senior than me, had passed his 1st year along my batch's minor batch.I passed whole M.B.B.S, he's still stuck in 2nd year.One senior had to leave the course after giving 3 trials because of the rule in past, but govt. discarded that rule than he came back and still not completed the 3rd year.1 senior is stuck there since 1998.

God save India...:sad:

13. Mad Indian

Take this shit to some where else. This has nothing to do with the SC/ST students:mad:

May be one of the candidates might have been a moron, but you are brushing the entire community as morons:mad:

If thats the case, I know a private college OC student who took nine years to finish his course, so that makes all the OCs morons?:frusty:

14. VIP

Why are you diverting the topic to caste ?? Isn't it fact that most of chronic students are S.T. candidates ?? It's not about 1 candidate.It's really about all.In my batch, most of the S.T. candidates still couldn't pass the final year.And nobody could pass it through out without failing.Minimum 2 back is rule for them.Whatever you argue but it won't change the fact.Ask any medico here.

Who are those Chronics in your Colleges People ??

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  15. Mad Indian

No most of the chronics in my college does not become chronics because they are fools, but they become chronics after they have some family issues personal issues, or they turn rogue.

It has nothing to do with their castes. Or may be because your college is an exception for that and it deliberately fails the ST students. hence the Need for reservation, as the discrimination they face are true and real even now.

And i dont go looking for who is what and all in my college. I only know the community of very few members in my college, which i happened to stumble upon accidentally, when speaking with them. And all of them(who are in BC,MBC,SC) are really very good performers, FYI.

I dint divert the topic, its you who brought the ST/Sc here in the first place. Read post #11 of yours.

SO STOP this non sense that ST/SCs have no brain because they enter the reservation quota

16. VIP

There you go. I knew it, you would take everything to caste.

No.I'm not saying every SC/ST in this country doesn't have brain.They do.Even I saw many SC candidates in commerce field getting job in hi-fi companies because of their ability.
What I'm saying here is, ST/SC candidates are getting admission in medical at very low merit here. And that's why they can't pursue this lengthy,tough course.Even OC candidates become tired of this course.

So, don't think I'm discriminating here.

If Instead of SC/ST, OC candidates are getting admission with such low merit and SC/ST are getting admission with high merit, than obviously OC candidates can't pass the course.

It's not at all about the caste.

And btw, my college is not an exception, your college must be.Just see All India examinations result.Howmany SC/ST have got ranks in 1st 5000 ??

17. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

From 1:25 onwards....:rotflmao:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  18. Mad Indian

Non sense. In our state, the cut off mark for SCs is 185/200, which is 92.5% for medicine in govt colleges. But in the Private colleges, people who dont get even 80% marks , ie, 160/200, or even 70% 140/200(and believe me, most often they ten to be non SC), get admission and clear the MBBS course all too easy. So dont give me that crap that reservation causes failures.

And what the hell, you say that most of the failures are STs and you claim that i was the one who brought the caste here. Dont twist the words and posts to suit your agenda.

19. VIP

What nonsense ?

In my state OC cut off is 214/228 and ST cut off 136/228 in govt colleges.
It's hardly above 55%.And in private medical colleges, it's around 200/228.

And what you're saying is totally nonsense.
Let's ask other states' medicos here.What's the situation there.I know the situation in Maha.It's same like here in Gujarat.

You really need to visit any med college of Gujarat.I think you must have heard about B.J.M.C. A'bad. If anybody from your friend circle is doing P.G. there, ask him the situation.

And btw, find me howmany ST students have got ranked in 1st 1000 in All India exam.It's only 2-3.So your theory of STs pass the exam gets no backup here.
And I didn't say ST people don't have brains.As I told before it's due to the low merit so they can't pass the exam.If any oc student gets admission at very low merit,he won't pass it,too.It was never about any caste.It's about ST candidates getting admission with low merit.

20. VIP

@Madindian 
I think you're from TN.And according to you, the cut off there for SCs is 185/200 and OC is 197/200.
If such very less margin is there between 2 categories than why there's so much reservation in your state ?? There's no need of it as SCs/STs are good enough forward now.So the so called purpose is served.There should be open merit for all.

21. Mad Indian

The reason is that the reservation was not introduced to make the SCs Birghter but to remove the social discrimination against them. Hence so long as the social discrimination continues, there is no point in removing reservation, no way:denied: