Medical student set ablaze in Kolar: A victim Of Andhra politics?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by bhramos, Nov 14, 2013.

1. bhramos

bhramos Elite Member Elite Member

Mystery shrouds the incident where Kameshwar Sai Prasad, a 22-year-old MBBS student studying in Kolar, was set ablaze by miscreants on Tuesday night.

A native of Hyderabad, he was staying at a rented house near Tamaka in Kolar. He is a final year MBBS student at Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College.

While police in Kolar said Kameshwar was set ablaze by men who tried to rob him of a gold chain, his family members in Hyderabad said he was a victim of the infighting among two rival groups of students, belonging to Seemandra and Telangana regions.

The incident occurred when Kameshwar went to a nearby temple and was walking back home. At around 10.15 pm when he was 300 meters away from home, a group of three or four miscreants who were having liquor on the roadside intercepted Kameshwar. Police said they tried to snatch his chain, and when he tried to run away, caught hold of him, poured liquor on him and set him ablaze.

Kameshwar ran for a few meters and collapsed on the road.

He was rushed to St John's hospital in the city where he is undergoing treatment for more than 60 per cent burns.

"Kameshwar told us that he was set fire after the miscreants snatched his gold chain. We are probing why they set him ablaze after snatching the chain," said deputy superintendent of police, Kolar, K Ashok Kumar.

Meanwhile, his family members in Hyderabad said students from Seemandhra and Telangana regions had a mild altercation late Tuesday night over the developments with regard to the bifurcation process being carried out by the Group of Ministers in Delhi.

They said Kameshwar had been complaining of discrimination by some students from Anantapur district in Seemandhra region. A couple of months ago, he moved from the hostel to a rented house. He complained to his parents that the students from Andhra Pradesh were divided on regional grounds and he was facing harassment from fellow students' from Seemandhra region.

Kamesh is also said to be an active supporter of a separate Telangana, participating in agitations and raising "Jai Telangana" slogans.

Medical student set ablaze in Kolar: A victim Of Andhra politics? - Bangalore Mirror

3. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

AP medical student set afire in Kolar - The New Indian Express

A student of the Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College has been admitted to the St John’s Hospital, Bangalore, in a critical condition after he was allegedly set ablaze by miscreants who snatched his chain.

According to Kolar SP Ram Niwas Sepat, the victim Kamalesh, a ninth semester student, a native of Hyderabad was staying in a rented house at Tamaka.

According to a complaint lodged by his friend, Kamalesh was returning to the house around 10.30 pm on Tuesday when two miscreants waylaid him and snatched his chain. When he resisted, the miscreants poured inflammable oil on him and set him afire, the police said. On information, the college principal and staff rushed to the hospital.

When contacted, Devaraj Urs Medical College principal Dr Sanikop said Kamalesh was to take the final examination in another two months.

Sepat said a case has been registered.

4. drkrn

KOLAR/Mahbubnagar: A final-year medical student from Andhra Pradesh was set ablaze by two unidentified people at Kolar in Karnataka late on Tuesday night.

Kameshwar Sai Prasad, a native of Kalwakurthy town in Mahbubnagar district, is a student of Sri Devaraj Urs Medical College in Kolar. The student was returning to his room after offering prayers at the local Hanuman temple when he was held by two people, who threw some inflammable substance on him before setting him ablaze. The condition of the student who sustained 60-70% burns is said to be critical. Kameshwar is undergoing treatment at St John's Medical College in Bangalore.

Kolar district police superintendent Dr Ram Niwas Sepat told TOI that the police are verifying the identity of the attackers. "Two people stopped him late on Tuesday night and tried to snatch his gold chain. They threw some inflammable substance on him and later set him on fire. We have registered a case under Section 397 of the IPC. No arrests have been made so far," he said.

AP medico set ablaze in Karnataka critical - The Times of India

5. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

Campus politics could be very nasty if not supervised properly.

6. drkrn

as far as the investigations are going police have already ruled out regional angles in the case,but are looking for the killers.

no official info regarding college politics/disputes are on news

7. bhramos

[​IMG]

Kamesh - Victim of Seemandhrites of Kollar Medical College Parents in deep grief. Also seen his college. మెడికల్ విద్యార్థి కామేశ్వర్ మృతి కర్నాటక : తోటి విద్యార్థుల చేతితో హత్యయత్నానికి గురైన కోలార్ మెడికల్ విద్యార్థి కామేశ్వర్ చికిత్సపొందుతూ కాసేపటి క్రితం మృతి చెందాడు. మహబూబ్-నగర్ జిల్లా కల్వకుర్తికి చెందిన కామేశ్వర్ కోలార్ మెడికల్ కళాశాలలో ఎంబీబీఎస్ రెండో సంవత్సరం చదువుతున్నాడు. జై తెలంగాణ అన్నందుకు అనంతపురం జిల్లాకు చెందిన తోటి విద్యార్థులు పెట్రోల్ పోసి తగులబెట్టారని మృతుని కుటుంబసభ్యులు ఆరోపిస్తున్నారు.

source: FB

8. Dharmateja

Dharmateja Regular Member

Such a tragedy, i feel his parents sorrow, losing their young child. I hope it does not turn out that regionalism was the real reason for this grave incident.

9. drkrn

even parents have ruled out regional angle in news .so does college principal
    he is 9th semester. @brahmos the news you have posted says he is 2nd MBBS,but in other news they mention him being a final year student about to complete his exams.source itself is dubious

pls stop posting nonsensical ,fake news

i would eagerly like to see their parents or friends or police response on this in video if your claim is true
    @brahmos @Dharmateja

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  10. dhananjay1

dhananjay1 Regular Member

I was talking in general, not this particular case.

11. drkrn

whatever you feel for the attacked,

the news itself seems to be wrong.

not good to create sensationalism over someones death

12. bhramos

why are trusting news channels!!!
    what ever news i post you claim rubbish paid news... i am surprised how you trust andhra news channels...

13. drkrn

atleast ,if had you tried to find out what year the student is studying you would have found yourself in an intellectual dumpyard

14. Dharmateja

Dharmateja Regular Member

Mate, no need to get agitated. Even if the regionalism angle was true, which i believe looks unlikely, there is not much you or i can do about it. People who can kill on an argument or squabble are not worth defending or even worth your good thoughts.

And i believe everybody is capable enough to differentiate between genuine and fake news. If not, may the spirits of nature have mercy on their souls.

15. drkrn

posting wrong/unconfirmed news is un acceptable

16. bhramos

17. pkp8n

pkp8n Regular Member

@bhramos,
    Why are posting news that has question marks next to it. Nothing has been confirmed so far, so posting same biased news over and over doesnot make it real

18. bhramos

either noting has been denied yet... even i either never claimed it... i am just giving source of the news.. please dont extragarigate thread in possible foul way of denying the news source of an unconfirmed and un-interrogated issue.. please i kindly request you to leave the topic here.. you are a small kid with a little experience and go and do your education first..

19. pkp8n

pkp8n Regular Member

Bud no need to get personal . If i call you an idiot with a pen in hand would you like it . Iam calling a spade a spade . FYI Iam more educated than you will ever be

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  20. happy

happy Senior Member Senior Member

Pls, if you have something to be said it could have been said more amicably.

Just because you have joined this forum in 2009 does not make you nor anyone else, including myself, authenticate, if we dont back our statements with proof for the simple reason that we do not know each other personally.
    @pkp8n has a valid point and you could have replied gracefully.

I fear we are degrading to the level of our politicians who fight in Parliament from the professionals that we ought to be. :facepalm:

pkp8n likes this.
  21. bhramos

pardon sir, may i please know whats your qualification sir currently, well i beg your pardon again sir, sir i am from an undeveloped district called Khammam sir, due to undeveloped place, have seen PWG and Maoists activity in place very well sir... i have no enemity with other regions sir, i just hope if the politicians of the state would have developed all regions equally well their wouldnt be a call for separate state sir,...... i have seen similar situations in other part of Telangana as same here sir.. my point of view abut Telangana is this sir.

JaiHind sir

Dharmateja and happy like this.