Massive explosion in China's Tianjin

badguy2000

Respected Member
Media blackout is the best thing Chinese could have done and something that India constantly refuses to learn.

CCP will try to put a spin on the entire thing including the causes and casualties, which is probably not the best thing to do but makes sense.

@badguy2000 , what are the govt. sources saying?
local news channels keeps broadcasting the news about the blast....over 50+ died and over 700 has received medical-care in hospitals.

well, the blast seems not so "dangerous" as it looks .

I just read another Weibo. its writter also lives in the department only 1KM away from the blast center.
He said on Weibo that all doors/windows were blown but his family and he are ok..

Compersion

Country flag
Instant news with a fast current exposure ...

Problem with that is rumors can spread fast ...

Hence I suppose the precautions like martial law

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Damn the 2nd explosion was badass....sent trees flying and fireballs too :/
RIP.

no smoking

Country flag
Even then, it's extremely stupid to store/ship such large amounts of explosives so close to a city as big as Tianjin.
Tianjin is one of major ports in northern China, there are huge amount of dangerous chemical materials shipping in and out of this city each year.

To make it even worse, every Chinese city has seen its quick expansion due to urbanization. Those dangerous factories/warehouse/Lab now become a part of city. Gov can move others to remote area, but you really can't move a port warehouse.

nimo_cn

Country flag
As expected, there's a media blackout, and foreign media is being kept away from the affected area, hospitals, etc.

A CNN crew was mishandled and arrested for reporting from outside a hospital. Official casualties are 17 killed and 250+ injured, with property-damage up to 3 km radius of the blast.
that is certainly not true, the CNN reporter was attacked by angry relatives of the victims, not arrested. apparently people will not allow foreign reporters capitalize on the tragedy and turn it into a news feast.

it's true that Chinese authority doesnt not welcome western media like CNN, it's also true that western media of CNN kind have lost their popularity among Chinese people in recent years, their blatant lies about China are disgusting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...latives-as-he-covered-explosion-in-China.html

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L07 上的 Tapatalk

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Tianjin is one of major ports in northern China, there are huge amount of dangerous chemical materials shipping in and out of this city each year.

To make it even worse, every Chinese city has seen its quick expansion due to urbanization. Those dangerous factories/warehouse/Lab now become a part of city. Gov can move others to remote area, but you really can't move a port warehouse.
But you can control what you can store in that warehouse, and what you can't. That's all I'm saying.

I'm sure this incident will create new laws.

badguy2000

Respected Member
But you can control what you can store in that warehouse, and what you can't. That's all I'm saying.

the warehouse had been finished before the resident colonies nearby were built.

the urbanization is so rapid that resident conolies now cccupys neary.

Illusive

Country flag

I read that the warehouse didn't adhere properly to safety standards. This incident irrespective of the cause is a wake up call for safety standards in populous region, which came at a deadly cost.

Illusive

Country flag
Damn the 2nd explosion was badass....sent trees flying and fireballs too :/
RIP.
Imagine the scale of firefight operation required, its good job by the authorities to quell the fire.

no smoking

Country flag

I read that the warehouse didn't adhere properly to safety standards. This incident irrespective of the cause is a wake up call for safety standards in populous region, which came at a deadly cost.
The law and safety standard have been existing for quite long time. The problem is the people working didn't understand why they have to follow these rules until something happens.....

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
RIP.......
Their is always this one lame a&& lazy douchebag behind these kind of incidents.

badguy2000

Respected Member
PLA's special unit arrived at the blast spot and had an investigation
777.jpg
222.jpg
333.jpg
444.jpg
666.jpg

badguy2000

Respected Member
one fireman left his last message to one of his friends, before he rushed to blast spot.
the message moved the people all over CHina.

"If I do not come back this time, take care of my father as yours"
" Remember to place some candles in front of my mother's tomb on behalf of me!"

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
one fireman left his last message to one of his friends, before he rushed to blast spot.
the message moved the people all over CHina.

"If I do not come back this time, take care of my father as yours"
" Remember to place some candles in front of my mother's tomb on behalf of me!"
:sad: :sad: :sad:
I can't imagine the world without these brave and selfless people.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
No surprises here:

[TWEET]632611847150157824[/TWEET]

Official death-toll is 110. Rise is due to critically-injured dying in hospitals.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Maybe admins will get it if I write this on a white topi: "Mujhe Chahiye Edit Button"

Illusive

Country flag
Maybe admins will get it if I write this on a white topi: "Mujhe Chahiye Edit Button"

Seriously bad decision, i can understand them doing so in an event of war or riots but this will only frustrate citizens and boil more anger underneath.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Sodium Cynaide has been Confirmed .... extremely poisonous and decomposes to Hydrogen Cyanide gas that is very very toxic.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles