Maoists kill 2 Senior Congress Leaders in Chattisgarh

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
:smegusta: When the Monks become Terrorists

Really I have Lot of Confuse nowadays about Buddist Monks
They immolate themselves and these chinese dare calling them terrorists.

less number of hans have been killed by tibetans than a single day of 4 June 1989.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
As for the 24 victims of this terrorist attack, our hearts go out to them and their families. We deplore the use of violence and hope for a peaceful resolution of the social issues involved.
Thank you for this but not sure whether it is coming from heart or just diplomatic post a thing in which you specialize.

t_co

The same your country's hero gave to the wives of his opponents minus genital thing .

sometimes we can learn from chinese people also.
Which hero? And what treatment are you referring to?

t_co

The bigger question is how did the Naxalites - a bunch of poorly educated tribals - get real-time, actionable intel on the movements of a senior opposition political figure (Congress is the minority in Chattisgarh state) supposedly under the protection of "class Z+" security (the highest protection level the Indian Home Ministry affords VIPs?)

Smells like an inside job to me. The ghost of Aldo Moro is calling from the grave...

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
This isn't really an armed uprising just yet, as Naxalites still remain marginalized in Indian discourse. If they really want to create a positive change for their communities (up to declaring formal independence from India) they will require far more keyboards and megaphones and far fewer bullets. China should help them in that regard, much as India has assisted the Tibetan cause with similar support.
Chinese stupidity.

The Maoist killers in india are not praised in any of tribal communiies except a fringe group. there is no need to drag tibet everytime but it is a fact that maoist yesterday killed Mahendra Karma a tribal who is more popular among them than David beckham is in england.

I have never seen " tibetan terrorists" killing some tibetan who was elected by democratic procedure.

Have you? It is true that chinese support for maoists is yet not verified but their ideaology is same as yours so they are nothing but lackeys of china which uses these brutal elements to affect geopolitical changes in Bharatvarsha.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Which hero? And what treatment are you referring to?
The great Mao tse tung whose larger than life image is in china and rest is self understood.

If you do not know how he treated his opponents ' wives, you are no chinese .

I have already said minus private part thing.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
The bigger question is how did the Naxalites - a bunch of poorly educated tribals - get real-time, actionable intel on the movements of a senior opposition political figure (Congress is the minority in Chattisgarh state) supposedly under the protection of "class Z+" security (the highest protection level the Indian Home Ministry affords VIPs?)

Smells like an inside job to me. The ghost of Aldo Moro is calling from the grave...

Your doubt is not entirely unfounded as there are many pro china and pro maoist elements in indian government. Yes I am Joseph Macarthy.

t_co

The great Mao tse tung whose larger than life image is in china and rest is self understood.

If you do not know how he treated his opponents ' wives, you are no chinese .

I have already said minus private part thing.
I'd like a source, or else I will dismiss your claims.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
I'd like a source, or else I will dismiss your claims.
Just as CPC dismissed famine during GLF or many chinese dismiss Tianmen incident.

Right now i do not have book but in case you have slightest decency read what Mao did in Jiangxi after purging li wenlin.

t_co

Just as CPC dismissed famine during GLF or many chinese dismiss Tianmen incident.

Right now i do not have book but in case you have slightest decency read what Mao did in Jiangxi after purging li wenlin.
A source, please?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
News from The Associated Press

Indian officials reacted with outrage Sunday to an audacious attack by about 200 suspected Maoist rebels who killed 24 people by setting off a bomb and firing on a convoy carrying ruling party leaders and members in an insurgency-wracked state.

Saturday's ambush, which targeted Congress party politicians returning from a campaign event with the area's indigenous tribal community, appeared to be a warning to officials to stay away from the rebels' main base of support.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and party President Sonia Gandhi visited some of the 37 people who were injured in the attack in a hospital Sunday in the Chhattisgarh state capital and said the government would take firm action against the perpetrators.

"We are devastated," said Gandhi, who denounced what she called a "dastardly attack" on the country's democratic values.

Rajnath Singh, president of the opposition Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party, said the country should unite in its fight against the Maoist insurgency.

The convoy was attacked in a densely forested area about 345 kilometers (215 miles) south of Raipur, Chhattisgarh's capital, as the Congress members were returning from a party rally.

Four state party leaders and eight police officers were among the 24 people who were killed. Other victims were party supporters.

Police officer R.K. Vij said 11 of the 37 injured were in serious condition.

Police identified one of those dead as Mahendra Karma, a Congress party leader in Chhattisgarh who founded a local militia, the Salwa Judum, to combat the Maoist rebels. The anti-rebel militia had to be reined in after it was accused of atrocities against tribals - indigenous people at the bottom of India's rigid social ladder.

The dead also included state Congress party chief Nand Kumar Patel and his son. The injured included former federal minister Vidya Charan Shukla, 83, police said.

The Press Trust of India news agency said the attackers blocked the road by felling trees, forcing the convoy to halt. Vij said the suspected rebels triggered a land mine that blew up one of the cars. The attackers then fired at the Congress party leaders and their supporters before fleeing.

Congress is the main opposition party in the state. It has stepped up political activities, trying to win the support of tribals, ahead of state elections scheduled to be held by December.

K.P.S. Gill, a former police chief of Punjab state who has written widely on reform, said the attack was "a very horrifying incident."

However, Gill said the state government was incapable of devising a strategy to tackle the Maoist threat. "They don't have the political will and bureaucratic and police set-up to prevent such attacks," he said.

He said the state government had ignored the need for special forces to tackle the threat. "Most of the special forces in the state are being used for non-operational duties like guarding state politicians," he said.

Prime Minister Singh has called the rebels India's biggest internal security threat. They are now present in 20 of India's 28 states and have thousands of fighters, according to the Home Ministry.

The rebels, known as Naxalites, have been fighting the central government for more than four decades, demanding land and jobs for tenant farmers and the poor. They take their name from the West Bengal village of Naxalbari where the movement began in 1967.

The fighters were inspired by Chinese Communist revolutionary leader Mao Zedong and have drawn support from displaced tribal populations opposed to corporate exploitation and official corruption.

The government has offered to begin peace talks with the rebels, but without success. The Maoists demand that it first withdraw thousands of paramilitary soldiers deployed to fight the rebels.

Maoist rebels carried out two major attacks in Chhattisgarh in 2010. They ambushed a paramilitary patrol in April that year, killing 76 troops in their worst attack ever. A month later, they triggered a land mine under a bus carrying civilians and police, killing 31 people.

t_co

Some practical advice from a Chinese poster on another defense forum:

The best and only way to deal with organised guerrillas like these is to target their support base with aid and welfare to eliminate their local support. Much like what India has done of late, and this latest attack's boldness may be a signed of the rebel's desperation rather than a show of strength. The Maoists likely want to provoke a heavyhanded official response which will further alienate and marginalise locals and bolster their own support.

The other thing to do with guerrillas is to go after them where they live and root them out of their home turf. If the Indian military is to be deployed, it is special forces rather than attack helicopters that will make the most difference.

Rather than comb the area with poorly trained and equipped police or conscripts the rebels can see coming a mile off and who may become easy targets themselves, send in SF recon teams to find the camps, bases and weapons stashes of the rebels. These SF squads could then either destroy hidden weapons caches and pick off small groups of rebels, or call in reinforcements to take out larger formations.

You have to take the fight to the rebels rather than allow them to pick and choose when and where to fight.

I dare say many of these Maoist rebels may suddenly reconsider their career path if fighting actually means being in a real war, where they are taking heavy losses and don't feel safe anywhere rather than springing the odd ambush on hopelessly outnumbered and outmatched convoys and being able to retreat back to safe havens and not really have to worry about being attacked or ambushed in their own lares. And the government need the willpower to see the job through irrespective of how long it might take or how the occasional high peofile government loss.

Couple the higher military risks and losses with improvements in the local economy creating new jobs and opportunities and most of the rebel foot soldiers will simply melt away back into civilian life. The hard core and leaders left would be forced to negotiate, or find life getting progressively harder. If they try yo press gang unwilling villagers to help them, the co,bat efficiency of those men would be much lower, and they would be liable to turn tail at the first opportunity. On top of that, any such thuggish behaviour would set the locals against the rebels, and if they start informing, the days of the rebels would be numbered.

So, to sum up, you need an aggressive, offensive counter insurgency military operation coupled with big drives to boost the local economy and politically addressing any legitimate grievances the rebels might be campioning for local people.

Do all that and the rebels will either melt away or come to the negotiating table themselves.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Some practical advice from a Chinese poster on another defense
Thank you as this is really a good advice but if I act as advisor to government, I will eliminate naxalism and maoism within 6 months as in India our people are so great due to their ancient culture that it is not possible for maoists to enlist support among tribals.

The Naxals are some upper castes and non tribals educated in communist humanities and we know who they are and how can they be dealt with including their sympathiser in our government.

as you speculated that it is insider job, I know the duo responsible for this attack and once they are captured we can eliminate all these men along with their sympathisers in media and academia .

The only formidable problem in india might be kashmiri insurgents but these naxals are jokes with ruling party's support leading them to such spot.

t_co

Thank you as this is really a good advice but if I act as advisor to government, I will eliminate naxalism and maoism within 6 months as in India our people are so great due to their ancient culture that it is not possible for maoists to enlist support among tribals.
Don't be retarded. Ancient culture or not, no farmer or tribal is going to countenance his land stolen out from under his feet, his family violated, his dignity stripped from him. A large part of Naxalite support has its roots in dysfunctional policy execution at the state level over decades and decades.

The Naxals are some upper castes and non tribals educated in communist humanities and we know who they are and how can they be dealt with including their sympathiser in our government.
Really? How do you explain that a large part of the Naxalites that end up getting caught aren't from the upper castes then?

as you speculated that it is insider job, I know the duo responsible for this attack and once they are captured we can eliminate all these men along with their sympathisers in media and academia .
Mayura, you're a genius! @Ray @pmaitra, we need to petition to put this man into the Home Ministry ASAP!

The only formidable problem in india might be kashmiri insurgents but these naxals are jokes with ruling party's support leading them to such spot.
All I have to say is :lol:

The Naxalites receive less than 25% of the aid that the Kashmiri insurgents do, and yet they've caused far, far, far more social and political upheaval. I would say that they are the real deal for India, and Kashmir is simply a sideshow.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Don't be retarded. Ancient culture or not, no farmer or tribal is going to countenance his land stolen out from under his feet, his family violated, his dignity stripped from him. A large part of Naxalite support has its roots in dysfunctional policy execution at the state level over decades and decades.
What is meaning of farmer getting his land stolen? The cases of tribals being violated by policemen are no more than occasional and it can not take place in areas which were never having any contact with rest of world. It is funny that tribals who due to their ancient culture have picked up guns to protect western style morality being introduced by these maoists are being described as joining the naxal movement for stopping the same.
Naxal movement only has one basis that is a section of westernized intellectuals combining with christian traitors in india and then establishing their bases in remote and hilly areas.

Really? How do you explain that a large part of the Naxalites that end up getting caught aren't from the upper castes then?
How do you explain one million chinese fighting for Japanese even after japanese horrible massacres? Some criminals would always be there but the leadership is westernized english speaking folks from Andhra.

Mayura, you're a genius! @Ray @pmaitra, we need to petition to put this man into the Home Ministry ASAP!
I will act as Joseph MCarthy in eliminating communist traitors and some of the members in this forum may not like that but yes i can remove our enemies within six months.

The Naxalites receive less than 25% of the aid that the Kashmiri insurgents do, and yet they've caused far, far, far more social and political upheaval. I would say that they are the real deal for India, and Kashmir is simply a sideshow.

Just as USA was infested with communist agents in 1940-1953, my great country is infiltrated by communist and christian fanatics who are doing a spree of assasinations. It is because of them that naxals seem to be any problem or they can be eliminated in short time.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
You should know India has been sponsoring tibetan terrorists for quite a long time.

And this is no terror attack at all. Unlike tibetan terrorists who targetted innocent civilians, Hans or non-Hans, people got killed in this case were mainly working for indian goverment.

This is more like armed uprising.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

Tibetan Terrorists...That's totally new to me, never heard tibetans killing Chinese troops or chinese civilians.
And wait what ??? This isn't a terror attack?? Than what was it ?? Leftist idiots playing with each others with rifles and accidentally killed political leaders and other workers including bodyguards... Naxalists are our people wounded by govt's idiotic policies and local landlords' ruthless torture and corrupted by maoists across the border. What your government do whenever someone does such human less crime in China ??

Iamanidiot

@Ray sir If they remove the Patel-Patwari system in Chattisgarh naxalism will get slashed by half

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles