Mao considered me as his son: Dalai

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Mao considered me as his son: Dalai - The Times of India

LONDON: Recalling his "very good" relations with Chairman Mao Zedong, the Dalai Lama on Sunday said that he considered him "as a father" and that the late Chinese leader considered him "as a son" .

The Dalai Lama, who is on a public visit to the UK told the Andrew Marr Show on BBC, "He (Mao) appears to me as a father and he himself considered me as a son. (We had) very good relations. The only problem was that on many occasions, when official dinners were held, Chairman Mao always used to bring me to his side" .

He added, "So then as per Chinese tradition, Chairman Mao himself would use his chopsticks to put some food in my plate. So in a way it was a great honour, but in a way I feel little fear... he used to cough too much, a chain smoker, so I might get some germs."

The Dalai Lama, who fled to India in 1959, said that older Tibetans wanted him to return "as soon as possible before their death" , but other politically sensible people believed that under the present circumstances, he should remain outside in a free country.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Mao considered all as his sons.

That is why he liked to lesson them by either getting them killed with revolutions like the Cultural Revolution or hounding them out of their homes as he did to the Dalai Lama and the Tibetans.

He meant no harm. He was merely lesson his sons as any good father in China would!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles