Manned Space Plan Shelved, ISRO Gears Up for Robotic Mission Instead

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
India to build its heaviest rocket to
carry 10-tonne satellites

You missed one awesome concept. :D
Anyway, what's status of Iranian and Japanese Manned programs. Anybody knows here? Will they do it before us?
GSLV MK3 will have a capability to put 4 ton and above satellite in orbit. Semi carcinogenic will add other 50 %. Making some light weight spares should make this rocket capable to carry 8 to 10 ton in space (Fuel pumps of light material, composite motors etc.

Gessler

Country flag
GSLV MK3 will have a capability to put 4 ton and above satellite in orbit. Semi carcinogenic will add other 50 %. Making some light weight spares should make this rocket capable to carry 8 to 10 ton in space (Fuel pumps of light material, composite motors etc.
He's talking about HLV concept.

Nuvneet Kundu

if modern robots can do then job the spending so much money on "power projection " is not a good idea ................

Iran is a small country & they have so much oil , so they can do this .................

we should spend money on projects like Delhi-mumbai industrial corridor , defense industries , railways , infrastructure , semi-conductor industries etc ..............

450 crores for " power projection " & technology demonstration was a fantastic idea......................but 40,000 crores is too much .

government's decision should be appreciated .
Well said. Especially about semiconductor industries. Plus I'd like to add one more, the rare metals industry, over which China has almost exclusive control. Even the US doesn't have these minerals and they have to import it from China. These are necessary to build quantum computers and things like that.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
My link is not about GSLV MkIII. Thats about the HLV concept capable of lifting 10-12 tonnes to GTO and 20-25 tonnes to LEO.
Simply,
LVM3-X (experimental rocket): 4 tonnes to GTO and 8 tonnes to LEO

GSLV MkIII: 6 tonnes to GTO and 12 tonnes to LEO

ULV Family: 1.5-6 tonnes to GTO and 4 to 15 tonnes to LEO

HLV: 10-12 tonnes to GTO and 20-25 tonnes to LEO
(Was in study from 2010 to 2015 and now under development for flying in next 10 years).

Harinath

Country flag
I hope you mean Semi cryogenic not carcinogenic...:tongue:

sorcerer

Country flag
“The larger question would be about the real need to put a man on the flight. Is it for prestige or is there a need? If the government and the political system are convinced about the need, then they will give us the money and we will do it,” said S Somanath, director of the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram.
Even when we look at space programs. like.the international space station etc....even with the human element..they are developing more and more sophisticated robotic tech to do jobs which the men in space station could have done.
With sensors of robots sensing more than humans could and relying it back to control centers for responsive actions...robotic missions seems more viable alternative.

Humans in space flights has a bigger advantage of power projection and showcasing of established and very well matured technology systems..

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Even when we look at space programs. like.the international space station etc....even with the human element..they are developing more and more sophisticated robotic tech to do jobs which the men in space station could have done.
With sensors of robots sensing more than humans could and relying it back to control centers for responsive actions...robotic missions seems more viable alternative.

Humans in space flights has a bigger advantage of power projection and showcasing of established and very well matured technology systems..
Actually, program isn't shelved. Our media messes up everything.
ISRO's date for 2021 human spaceflight was just for show and they wanted to launch humans in space by 2017-18. But government denied to allocate budget before schedule. Moreover, not said openly, ISRO considers CNSA as rival personally. There was mention of future Chandrayaan 3 and 4, for sample return mission etc. a 25 tonne capacity rocket development program for launching deep space mission and space station.Human spaceflight will be conducted in 2020-22 because by then, India will not be called poor.
I know, I've been in contact with a programmer at ISRO. Now, I can't tell his name further. :p

sorcerer

Country flag
Actually, program isn't shelved. Our media messes up everything.
ISRO's date for 2021 human spaceflight was just for show and they wanted to launch humans in space by 2017-18. But government denied to allocate budget before schedule. Moreover, not said openly, ISRO considers CNSA as rival personally. There was mention of future Chandrayaan 3 and 4, for sample return mission etc. a 25 tonne capacity rocket development program for launching deep space mission and space station.Human spaceflight will be conducted in 2020-22 because by then, India will not be called poor.
I know, I've been in contact with a programmer at ISRO. Now, I can't tell his name further. :p
Yes..I agree that its not shelved.. my pitch is that the priorities are reshuffled.

Akask kumar

at present india should stress on
1>rocket development(heavier class)-future use(space station,robotic missions).Isro should master and develop new propulsion system

2>Avatar - good for bringing down launching cost plus can be used for manned missions or launching lower class sats.plus can kick start space tourism

3>Robotics..

i think development of Gangan(GPS) will pave the way for Avatar as initially it will be unmanned..

keep manned mission at bay,but keep on developing tech

i was wondering what purpose crew model will serve once we have AVATAR(manned version) ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles