Manipur actress allegedly molested, beaten up by Naga militant leader

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by cloud_9, Dec 20, 2012.

1. cloud_9

cloud_9 Regular Member

Chandel, Manipur: A Manipuri actress has been allegedly molested during a stage performance by a Naga militant leader, who kicked her when she raised a protest and fired at her co-actor for trying to stop him.

The assault during a fundraising concert in Manipur's Chandel town on Monday evening boiled over into a street protest in capital Imphal today. Hundreds marched to Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh's office, demanding action against the suspect, self-styled Lt Col. Livingstone Anal.

"He was touching me. I warned him. Then he pulled my hair and threw me on the ground and repeatedly kicked me. He also hit me in the left eye," said the actress, who is aghast that security personnel present in the gathering just stood and watched.

"The Manipur police, Assam Rifles and the Army were there but nobody helped me. They were watching as if it was cinema. When we asked the securitymen why they didn't help, they said they are on ceasefire. Does that mean a woman gets beaten in front of the police and they do nothing?" asked the actress.

Ceasefire rules prohibit armed militant groups from moving around with arms, but across the region they violate this with impunity.

The state Home Minister has promised action, but the militant leader is yet to be arrested.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shri militant leader not giving shit about our security forces :mad:

3. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

Re: Manipur actress allegedly molested, beaten up by Naga militant lea

I can understand situation in which security forces are still they had duty to protect honour of lady.

4. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

they said they are on ceasefire.:rofl:
    ~
    Then, i am thinking of become a militant.
    :bounce:

5. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Livingstone Anal...:lawl:

parijataka likes this.
  6. Tolaha

Tolaha Senior Member Senior Member

I just googled up "Livingstone Anal" to find out more about this person but all that I found was :doh:

Anshu Attri and LurkerBaba like this.