Manga/Anime Thread

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I died laughing. The way this guy gets sidetracked: Epic.

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
100? :shock:
:cool1:
I am not even at 60 yet, but i'll get there once I get a stable job and life :lehappy:

BTW,
Have you seen Death Parade and Planetes? They are two of my all time favourites.
Do you also read manga?
Yes.

I read manga on MangaFox and Kissmanga

I am otm shank

Death Note and vampire hunter 3000 were the only ones I enjoyed. they had a lot of atmosphere and good story/character

if anyone can recommend more similar to those I'd give them a try

OrangeFlorian

Anon Supreme
Death Note was shit

Try Trigun

Adioz

Death Note and vampire hunter 3000 were the only ones I enjoyed. they had a lot of atmosphere and good story/character

if anyone can recommend more similar to those I'd give them a try
Try Bakuman (from death note's author). 2 Seasons.
Also, try Planetes. Its a bit old, but very good.
And if you like the dark, psychological kind, try Death Parade or Shin Sekai Yori (From the new world).
Dark with action: Tokyo Ghoul or Fate zero (and its subsequent series) or Attack on Titans.
Another one: Zetsuen no Tempest.
PS: All are short animes.

Yes.

I read manga on MangaFox and Kissmanga
Do you read Shingeki no Kyojin?
(IF not, stop here, spoilers follow)
The latest mangas are so much of a turn-off. Ever, since Eren reached the basement, the background story of this all has been..............meh. I don't know, maybe I expected too much from this set-up. But a deal with the devil? I hope they are kidding with us, and that back story turns out to be fake. Otherwise its just a let-down. :tsk:
Although one part of the narrative that actually met my expectations was how there was no apocalypse and how humanity was not on the brink of extinction. I had hoped that it turned out that way, and it did. Sort of like "the Island" movie. That was the only saving grace the author has in my eyes.
Edit: The fact that Eren is about to die in a few years was a good unexpected twist. And Mikasa's face after she found out. LOL. She looks like she'll collapse. She's already excepted that fate though. BTW, would you call Mikasa a bit of a Yandere? She does try to kill anyone who intends harm on Eren.

Adioz

Damn what a coincidence: finish downloading the movie; come to DFI to find its trailer posted online. :eek1::rofl:
Its been subbed? where?

Also if you know, has "Koe no katachi" been subbed?

Adioz

Anyone knows what anime this is (between 2:44 and 2:48)?

Adioz

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/The-Garden-of-Words

Its in 1080p. You need to make an account to be able to download though you can watch online. Enjoy.

Koe No Katachi has not been subbed yet as far as two weeks ago.
Thanks. I watched it. It really is great. The art is top notch. Looks like they used a fair bit of rotoscoping to make the surroundings. Only the characters looked hand-drawn. But the rain effects were unprecedented.

indiandefencefan

Country flag
Thanks. I watched it. It really is great. The art is top notch. Looks like they used a fair bit of rotoscoping to make the surroundings. Only the characters looked hand-drawn. But the rain effects were unprecedented.
Yeah a lot of rotosocoping. But in lot of cases the backgrounds were not rotoscoped and hand drawn especially the indoor scenes but the quality was still as great as the outdoor ones.
http://imgur.com/a/AfIsv

Now have to wait for Koe No Katachi to get subbed.

Adioz

SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT READ NEXT POST IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW ATTACK ON TITAN MANGA

Adioz

Fak u clossal titan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Adioz

Just finished watching the 5th episode of Kuzu no Honkai. This is quickly becoming one of my favourite romance anime. I'll place it right on the level of Koe no Katachi. I love the dark and foreboding feel this anime has. The subtle references, the OST, the voice actors, the occasional humour, the direction and most importantly the character development, its all beautiful. Some people are confusing this as a shojo or an ecchi anime. That is so not true.
Anyways, do let me know if anyone else is watching this anime. Can't wait for the 6th episode:
This look Minagawa gave at the end of 3rd episode is my favourite moment of the series so far:

Last edited:

Bahamut

Just finished watching the 5th episode of Kuzu no Honkai. This is quickly becoming one of my favourite romance anime. I'll place it right on the level of Koe no Katachi. I love the dark and foreboding feel this anime has. The subtle references, the OST, the voice actors, the occasional humour, the direction and most importantly the character development, its all beautiful. Some people are confusing this as a shojo or an ecchi anime. That is so not true.
Anyways, do let me know if anyone else is watching this anime. Can't wait for the 6th episode:
This look Minagawa gave at the end of 3rd episode is my favourite moment of the series so far:
This Anime has a nice story and both the main female characters have nice development but it is to explicit, but ending of episode 5 was good

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles