Man arrested with 10 crude bombs in Ahmedabad, terror link suspected

devgupt

Country flag
While I agree with whatever you have mentioned in the above post, I couldn't understand this point.
Police should be made to report to the legislature of the state only.
The legislature of the state selects the CM who in turn selects the HM - to whom the police reports.

What other structure you have in mind?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
While I agree with whatever you have mentioned in the above post, I couldn't understand this point.

The legislature of the state selects the CM who in turn selects the HM - to whom the police reports.

What other structure you have in mind?
The legislature does not chose the CM. The ruling party does.

What I suggest is the police to report to an all party committee in the legislature.
And for the intelligence to report to a JPC

something like this http://intelligence.senate.gov/

sanjay

Even in US there are nutcases who stubbornly claim that 9-11 Twin Towers collapse was due to bombs planted by CIA/FBI/etc.
I've even seen videos where ex-ISI Chief Hamid Gul appears on such US shows to feed their paranoia, and of course exonerate Pak.

So modernization won't get rid of paranoid nuts.

Likewise, some crooks want to deliberately point out that Mumbai blasts were aimed at Gujaratis - basically trying to blame Modi for the blasts.

It's no coincidence that the economically best-performing state govt is the one attracting the most jabs from the crooks.
These raiders are looking for some way to usurp and take control of economically successful achievements. Congress did it with PVNR's economic success, only to spit on him after.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles