Mamata walks out of show, calls students Maoists

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by nrj, May 19, 2012.

1. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday stormed out of a CNN-IBN show on one year of Trinamool Congress rule, accusing the audience, which consisted of students, to be Maoists and CPM cadre.

The Trinamool Congress chief lost her cool and stormed out of the interactive TV session when members of the audience questioned her on the arrest of Jadavpur University professor Ambikesh Mahapatra and increased rate of crime against women in the state.
    Alleging that the professor was a member of the CPM cadre, the West Bengal Chief Minister said, "It is not a cartoon. We love the cartoon. Cartoon is a different thing. He is a CPM man. He misused the e-mail of his society people without their consent. He forwarded it to 60 people."

Mamata also hit out at the CPM, accusing it of working hand-in-glove with the Maoists.

Responding to the question on the cartoon controversy, Mamata slammed the students among the audience saying "I know that Maoist people and CPM are putting up these questions".

The Chief Minister even went on to ask a girl student who had posed the question if she was a Maoist, questioning "why students from outside Jadavpur University are not here".

When asked by the students about crime against women in the state, the Chief Minister got furious saying there was no crime against women in the state, and accusing them of being CPM cadre and asking "Maoist questions".

The West Bengal Chief Minister claimed that it could even be verified that the members of the audience were Maoists and CPM cadres, and they were asking nothing but questions of the Maoists and the CPM.

Mamata walks out of show, calls students Maoists - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive

3. nrj

Here is the video :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    ejazr likes this.
  4. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

Bengalis are Royally ----ed. I am sorry for you guys:tsk:

But the ConGis are playing a very delicate game. They back rode the TMC to get in power, throwing out the Left out of power.
    Now so much negative attention on their ally through their paid media(Though I am happy they do it;)), I think they want to come to power in WB on their own:notsure:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    parijataka likes this.
  5. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Shocking! Unbelievable! Outrageous!

Is Mamta real ? :shocked:

She said,

CPM = Maoist.
    Anyone who hates her or don't like or ask any genuine/serious question. Then He/She is CPM cadre.
    Therefore, He/She is or supporter of Left-wing terrorism! :shocked:

I am shocked, How she accused everyone during live Tv program! I can still understand if she accused Ms. S. Ghosh who is known Congressi but this is simply unbelievable and shocking incident when she blamed everyone.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  6. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

only an idiot will equate Bengal with this tirade.

it shows how juvenile and stupid some people can be.

Mad Indian,

I don;t know where you come from.

Would it be fair of me to take you as an example and feel that your community is totally imbecelic?

7. Mad Indian

Sorry sir, I think you misunderstood what I meant. I meant they are ----ed because of Mamata. I dint mean to offend Bengalis nor did I say anything about them. Sorry

8. Ray

Look, power has one to her head.

She is a fool.

But where is the option?

We are not religious minded in a political way. So, no BJP.

We are not rustics and wrestlers and so, no SP.

We are not scheduled caste minded and so no Mayawati.

We are fed up with the Communists, So no Communist.

The Congress has no organisation or a leader worth the name.

So, what is the option?!

9. Ray

The only option is President's rule.

But we have an impotent Central Govt.

So?

10. Mad Indian

Did I blame you guys or did I abuse Mamata? Why take it personally when I have not even abused Bengalis? She is a moron, because of which Bengalis are getting screwed.

And come on BJP is not that bad. We just need to open our eyes:)

11. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

bengalies are one of the most successfull ethinic group in india.don't equate us with mamta.just because tn has ak raja,kurnanidhi we won't use same word for tamils.
    congress organisation is breaking continusly in wb.they are fighting for existance in wb forget about capturing power.

12. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Saw that this morning. After she left the students and others tore into her . Best comment was from one gentleman who asked Sagarika "Are you going to air this show. If yes, when? If no, why?

Mamta is a perfect example of a Stalinist Dictator in a "democracy"

wrigsted and W.G.Ewald like this.
  13. nrj

She can not face public & she calls herself public leader :lol:

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  14. Yusuf

I would love some crazy punjabi to shower their choicest "gallan".

Wait we have one crazy punjabi on DFI, Paaj?

15. Yusuf

Will Mamta B move to get DFI banned as Maoists for having this thread? Just Askin

16. Mad Indian

I dont know what have gotten to you people. If you say that Tamils are royally ----ed when DMK comes to power in TN, then I wont have a problem at all. Unlike you, I wont view everything with some obscured sense of superiority. I think I read somewhere that UP and Bihar's problem is that they have to little self respect regarding their culture while Bengalis have too much and that is the reason which is holding back each of them. I am beginning to think that it might be true if I see posts like yours.

You cant even take a negative criticism. After all, its you who voted her to power anyway.

And before making silly comments, look at what i had posted. I meant Bengalis are screwed because of Mamata. It has nothing to do with Bengali people or their culture :frusty:.

But anyway, continue to live in your lala land of greatness.

17. SHURIDH

SHURIDH Senior Member Senior Member

bjp never has agenda out of north india.hinduism in wb is different from ritual based hinduism in north india.so north indian based hinduvta won't work here.bjp score by cashing the linguistic and cultural differance between hindu muslim in other state.it address hinduvta as cultural nationalism.but because in wb hindu muslim culture and language are same and unlike other indian muslims bengali muslims never claimed for forgien ancestry.it is difficult for bjp to use cultural nationalism card as it is allready present here.
    bjp dig their own gravs in 2009 when jashwant sinha bjp candidate from dargeling lc said bring bjp into power in center we will break wb and establish new state of gorkahland.it makes bengali angry.gorkahland would makes dead lock situation for wb.it separates koochbihar and jalpaiguri district from rest of wb.they agree with that racist demand of gorkah just to win a one seat.that showes its real face.
    till today bjp's maximum vote comes from gorkah in wb.
    people of wb can't trust a party who plans to divide wb makes its a deadlock state just to win one seat.wb bjp has at least 25-30%marwari in their state member. bjp has 35% urdu speaking people in their state minority cell.marwari are 6% and urdu speakers are 1.5%of wb population.wb state bjp is dominated by marwari-gujrati-urdu-gorkah member of state wb.you can't expect bengalies who makes 85.9%of wb population will support a party which state leadership is fully non bengali dominated.can you imagine in a panchayet constituncy election bjp gives nomination to a urdu speaking bihari in 99%bengali majority(81%bengali muslim,18%bengali hindu)consituncy.what they think bengali muslim will vote for bihari just because he is muslim.saylne sannal win that constiuncy defeating bjp candidate.
    wb bjp have to think about wb first than north india and they had to think about bengali first in wb.

18. ejazr

ejazr Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Well to be fair to her, she actually did come up to face a hostile audience. The only thing is she was not well prepared by her media mangers who wanted to improve her image. There was not a single question/comment that was neutral or positive to her in anyway. On top of that English is not a language she is fluent with.

I mean do we see any other political leader who will come on a media talk show and be ready to answer hostile questions like she has done? I am not talking about media spokespersons who are full of bluster by the actual politicians who are CMs or PMs. MMS gives only newspaper interviews, Sonia Gandhi I can't remeber the last time she gave an interview. In the BJP, Gadkari is the only politician of note who goes ahead and does give interviews. Modi hasn't given a one on one interview after the disaster with Karan Thapar let alone facing a hostile audience like this. I can't remember the last time Nitish Kumar or Myawati or Akhilesh Yadav sat in a townhall setting like this one and were ready to face a hostile Q&A session.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is an excellent format. I would like is every CM particularly of the larger 10-15 states being subjected to this sort of Q&A every 6-8 months so that there is a pressure on them to perform.

But when you don't have any other CMs subjecting themselves to this, Mamtadi must be feeling miffed at why she is being put through such a test when she is the CM of W Bengal.

Anyways, the Maoists students rant was quite funny as was the look on the host's face when she went up and walked away :D

devgupt and W.G.Ewald like this.
  19. drkrn

drkrn Senior Member Senior Member

Haha:)
    what a funny woman.
    she can't even face a small show how can she take responsibility of her people.

by the way maya, Jaya,mamata are political triplets. useless candidates

20. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

Exactly the thought I had. She would benefit from watching videos of Hillary Clinton, a figure who can maintain her poise very well.

Or, she could use Joe Biden as a bad example. :)

ejazr likes this.
  21. Yusuf

That is not an excuse. If you are ready to face an audience, the audience is going to grill you with uncomfortable questions. To think they will ask you feel good comfortable question given the history of last years rule of TMC is foolhardy. This I think has permanently damaged what ever reputation she may have had. Bye Bye TMC.

utubekhiladi likes this.